GOP Rejects Dems Offer In 'Super Comm...

GOP Rejects Dems Offer In 'Super Committee'

There are 192 comments on the KTVU Oakland story from Oct 26, 2011, titled GOP Rejects Dems Offer In 'Super Committee'. In it, KTVU Oakland reports that:

Democrats on the so-called "super committee" proposed during a closed meeting Tuesday a $3 trillion plan designed to slash the federal deficit but Republicans swiftly and decisively rejected it because it relied heavily on tax increases, according to several congressional sources from both parties.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVU Oakland.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Lance Winslow

United States

#1 Oct 26, 2011
Dang! Taxes on the rich. Evil, evil concept!

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#3 Oct 26, 2011
Lance Winslow wrote:
Not sure which story you read, but this says nothing about new taxes on the rich. It just says new taxes.
Lance Winslow

United States

#5 Oct 26, 2011
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure which story you read, but this says nothing about new taxes on the rich. It just says new taxes.
The GOP has never had a problem with taxing the poor. It's mainstream Reagonomics.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#6 Oct 26, 2011
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>The GOP has never had a problem with taxing the poor. It's mainstream Reagonomics.
So Obama's Healthscam Tax is a by-product of reagonomics?

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#7 Oct 26, 2011
Lance Winslow wrote:
I disagree, I think we should tax kerry, pelosi, ried, soros, micheal moore, strisand, ted turner, robert redford, rappers, oprah, NBA players up the friggen kazoo!
Moses kestenbaum ODA

United States

#8 Oct 26, 2011
Democrats to the toilet, flush your tax N spend ideas down the urinal tub

“Freedom Demands Responsibility”

Since: Aug 09

21st Century

#9 Oct 26, 2011
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>The GOP has never had a problem with taxing the poor. It's mainstream Reagonomics.
Woof, Lancislow, the Democrats have never had a problem printing nice pictures on paper and calling it money. It's called Keynesian economics. It's never worked, and sooner or later leads to massive inflation, but in the mean time idiots like Obama, Pelosi, Ried, Schummer, Frank, etc, Party On. The problem is when the Bill comes they aren't going to pay it we are.
Who

Stockton, CA

#10 Oct 26, 2011
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, I think we should tax kerry, pelosi, ried, soros, micheal moore, strisand, ted turner, robert redford, rappers, oprah, NBA players up the friggen kazoo!
ALL athletes should get taxed up the wazoo, nobody should be making $250,000,000 to throw or kick a lousy ball.

Yet no one is protestig these RICH a-holes.
McCarthy was right

United States

#11 Oct 26, 2011
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL athletes should get taxed up the wazoo, nobody should be making $250,000,000 to throw or kick a lousy ball.
Another example of the left wanting to give government the power to decide who gets to be financial winners and losers.
Katy K

United States

#12 Oct 26, 2011
How can you tax the poor? The poor do not pay taxes. Te evil rich pays most of the taxes, and the middle class pays the rest. The reason we need a flat tax, and a National sales tax is to try to collect taxes from the underground workers that work for cash.
LOL

Mooresville, IN

#13 Oct 26, 2011
Space committee.
Independent Thinker

Paso Robles, CA

#14 Oct 26, 2011
DOWNSIZE the BLOATED FAT OVERWEIGHT Federal Government!

Too much SPENDING has gotten US in this DEBT!

!
imaginaryfriend

Plymouth, MI

#18 Oct 26, 2011
The new and real "super committee" are the general assemblies at the Occupy Movement. Get Money Out of Politics and return Power to the People. That is what it takes to solve our economic problems and change this current corrupt system. Unregulated capitalism is a criminal enterprise that must be overhauled. Wake up America, the revolution starts now, be part of it. There is no future for republicans, they must be destroyed, as they have not done one damn thing to help American citizens,( don't use the corporate misnomer of consumers), for the past 50 years. They instead, forced corporate bought policies that directly created this mess. It's all in the C-Span archives. A United States unites all citizens.
Mary E

United States

#20 Oct 26, 2011
Power to the people. What people? The great unwashed? The ones that quit their jobs to play at protesting? Who is paying any attention to the people on the street? Anyone? How do you get money out of politics? I don't want my taxes going for the likes of Joe Biden, and Barack Hussein Obama? The corrupt politicians are the ones that take the hard earned money from one set of Americans, and give it to the people who are standing around with their hands out who create nothing. There is nothing wrong with America that new leadership will not fix, and that will come in 2012. Ask your neighbors when they get off the bus tomorrow from a hard days work how much they want to give to those people in the loop,standing around doing nothing.

Wartime V

“Hang 'em High”

Since: Sep 11

Commie Fake, Phony, & Fraud

#21 Oct 26, 2011
Lance Winslow wrote:
The real "evil concept" is gullible, goose-stepping democRAT brainwashed plantation idiots like you.

Democrats have been lying for a decade that only the rich benefited from the Bush Tax Cuts.

The tax bill Obama signed on Dec 17, 2010:

The package would extend the Bush tax cuts for everyone for two years at a cost of $544.3 billion. The bulk of that cost --$463 billion -- is for the extension of cuts for families making less than $250,000. That leaves $81.5 billion in tax cuts for the "rich" or 14.97%.

So over 85% of the extended Bush Tax Cuts are going to the middle and lower income families.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/07/news/economy/...
Liberal Patriot

Kihei, HI

#22 Oct 27, 2011
Obama trying to create Jobs. Obama implementing Mortgage refinancing measures. Obama trying to spur investments in our country's educational system and national infrastructure. Obama easing the burden of Student Loans. Contrast that with the GOP plan of trying to increase tax breaks and corporate welfare for Wall Street companies who are making record profits. Meanwhile, Main Street continues to suffer the effects of the recession caused by the irresponsible and unregulated gambling of Wall Street.

Your Vote in 2012 boils down to 2 Choices:

(1) Vote for the GOP candidate to support more Wall Street Greed and corruption.

(2) Vote out & replace the GOP & Blue Dog (i.e. DINO) Democrat incumbents to support Main Street, our nation's economy, and our children's future!
Liberal Patriot

Kihei, HI

#23 Oct 27, 2011
See how GOP policies over the past thirty years have stacked the deck against the middle-class and the poor and killed the American Dream for all but the Top 1%:

http://cbo.gov/doc.cfm...

Read the full report here and educate yourself instead of listening to the talking points fed to you by the slick snake oil sales agents of the Top 1%:

Watch how the Top 1% has widened the Gap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Liberal Patriot

Kihei, HI

#24 Oct 27, 2011
Corrected link from last post to full report here: http://cbo.gov/ftpdocs/124xx/doc12485/10-25-H...
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#25 Oct 27, 2011
Who wrote:
<quoted text>

That's because you CHOOSE to buy a ticket to see them play.

Who

Stockton, CA

#26 Oct 27, 2011
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you CHOOSE to buy a ticket to see them play.
First of all, don't assume you know anything about me, I have NEVER bought a ticket to any sports event because I don't like sports.

Second, no one is worth $250,000,000 just because they can throw a ball in a GAME, and that's all it is - a GAME. If anyone is worth that kind of money is the average joe who busts his hump everyday to put food on the table for his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Max Baucus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Revenant' author is a mystery man (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News Hudson: Designed to fail: Only the members of C... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Elise Gingersnick 1
News PRUDEN: Obamacare called 'The fiasco for the ages' (Jul '13) May '15 Will Dockery 20
News Scandal Threatens Montana Democrat's Hold On U.... (Aug '14) Jan '15 DCtechsonstates 46
News News Guide: Montana's 2014 elections (Nov '14) Nov '14 Ace McMillan 3
News Harry Reid's Desperate Measures (Oct '14) Oct '14 CZars_R_US 5
News Jeff Bridges Eyed by Some Anxious Montana Democ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Le Jimbo 1
More from around the web