Their View: We must secure our border...

Their View: We must secure our borders now

There are 18 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Jul 10, 2011, titled Their View: We must secure our borders now. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

I'm sure I don't have to tell you that we've got a problem with our borders, and it isn't going away anytime soon - it's only going to get worse unless we do something about it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

Mac in Va

Williamsburg, VA

#1 Jul 10, 2011
There article is good information for those of us in the "inside hinterlands", although we do have too many incidents. I have always been confused as to why I can not get concise arguments from the secure border/strict immigration side as to "why" we are where we are now. I assumed that president Bush 43 would present a concise argument for reform, but none was forthcoming, that I could find. The liberal immigration policies are better organized than ours; why? Is it that hard ? Sources, sites, facts and information, please.
Thanks and the best to all of us.
tommyd

Denver, CO

#2 Jul 10, 2011
So Landreu takes a tour and decides that we must do more to secure our borders...

Isn't that nice, The D.C. criminals were told this years ago , but of course don't believe anyone not from their exclusive club...

After all how could anyone living in Southern Arizona or South Texas possibly be intelligent enough to know anything about border security...

90% of congressional members need to be fired... Vote the worthless members out!
Silverback

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Jul 10, 2011
Typical of politicians, Weh can only see increased budgets and the growth of the fed as an answer to American security.
While conservatives continue to find fault with liberals for 'growing the government,' it is really they that have created a police state, quintupled the size of government in the past generation, and pushed for the globalization of free trade agreements which necessitate open borders. Weh is a walking contradiction, has completely forgotten the definition of a republic, and continues to support the erosion of constitutionally guaranteed rights in the conservative tradition. "The only thing worse than a politician is a child molester."
Concerned US Citizens

Commerce City, CO

#4 Jul 10, 2011
cosmic troll

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jul 10, 2011
This is all well and good. The people would not even consider coming here if there was not work. Sometime ago a law was passed that would fines if illegals were hired. Now we see there is hardly any enforcement but a whole lot of whining and complaining about the borders. So what if all the food rots on the vine and prices go through the roof for the vegetables and fruits that are not picked, or if they are who ever is doing the picking gets paid what the work is really worth. If you are so worried about the borders then go out and work in the fields for what the farmers can only pay a minimum wage if even that.
Just an idea

Silver City, NM

#7 Jul 10, 2011
I disagree with the author. Throwing technology and manpower at the problem is not going to solve it; this will only cost money we cannot afford to spend. People cross the border illegally for two primary reasons: drug trafficking and jobs.

We need changes at the policy level. We need politicians that are not afraid to stand up to the drug cartels. And as crazy as it sounds, what if we legalized some of these drugs? I'm not saying we implement something like this without serious risk/benefit analysis, but it's worth considering. Imagine the jobs that would be created and the tax revenue we could gain.

I also agree with cosmic troll: take away the jobs by enforcing the penalties already in place for hiring undocumented workers. If we eliminate, or at least drastically reduce, the two primary reasons for illegal immigration, we can manage the residual with current practices.
Concerned US Citizens

Commerce City, CO

#8 Jul 10, 2011
Our public servants don't want Our borders or ports secure, they're plans are Treason and Sedition against Our form of government - Constitutional Republic:

http://theintelhub.com/2011/07/08/see-how-the...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/nafta-superhighwa...

http://www.thehiddenevil.com/techniques.asp

http://www.thehiddenevil.com/raising.asp
Police State

United States

#9 Jul 10, 2011
The feds have refused to do their MANDATED CONSTITUTIONAL job of securing the borders.

The feds are guilty of aiding and abetting the illegal alien invaders<aka enemy combatants.

Can you say treason.

So just who are the real terrorist.

“Do you like my abs? ”

Since: May 11

San Gabriel, CA

#10 Jul 10, 2011
Police State wrote:
The feds have refused to do their MANDATED CONSTITUTIONAL job of securing the borders.
The feds are guilty of aiding and abetting the illegal alien invaders<aka enemy combatants.
Can you say treason.
So just who are the real terrorist.
Congress allocates around $55.1 billion a year (2010) to Homeland Security & employs approx. 216,000 (2010) to defend Homeland Security issues and I've yet to even discuss the total defense budget that keeps America even safer.

You're going to have one heck of a time proving that the government is not complying with their constitutional obligations.

The government has plenty of room for improvement but to claim treason is out there in radical right wing field.

“Do you like my abs? ”

Since: May 11

San Gabriel, CA

#11 Jul 10, 2011
Concerned US Citizens wrote:
Our public servants don't want Our borders or ports secure, they're plans are Treason and Sedition against Our form of government - Constitutional Republic:
http://theintelhub.com/2011/07/08/see-how-the...
http://www.prisonplanet.com/nafta-superhighwa...
http://www.thehiddenevil.com/techniques.asp
http://www.thehiddenevil.com/raising.asp
prision planet? LOL
Police State

United States

#12 Jul 10, 2011
The Infamous Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress allocates around $55.1 billion a year (2010) to Homeland Security & employs approx. 216,000 (2010) to defend Homeland Security issues and I've yet to even discuss the total defense budget that keeps America even safer.
You're going to have one heck of a time proving that the government is not complying with their constitutional obligations.
The government has plenty of room for improvement but to claim treason is out there in radical right wing field.
Cost a lot for the TSA to molest millions of American children and women.

Cost a lot for Nappy to supply border agents with beanbags rounds.

Cost a lot for wal-mart to broadcast Nappy on their in-store disinformation channel.

Cost a lot of opperation gun-runner.

Cost a lot for everything but the funds are not going where they are really needed.
Concerned US Citizens

Commerce City, CO

#13 Jul 10, 2011
Send this to your elected DEMANDING arrests:

Gunwalker: Laying It All Out

July 7, 2011

Two big developments have emerged in Gunwalker. First, as I "tweeted" on June 24th, ATF Director Kenneth Melson has indeed spilled his guts and testified on July 4th before Congressional investigators. Gunwalker goes all the way to Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton and that walking manifestation of Incubus and Succubus, Barack Obama and Valerie Jarrett. Further, Mike Vanderboegh and David Codrea over at Sipsey Street Irregulars have broken news this morning that Holder/Clinton/Obama-Jarrett also were walking guns out of Florida into Honduras. Here's the money quote:

"There are emails in existence where (Special Agent in Charge Virginia) O’Brien has advised those involved that Tampa does not have to report their walked guns because Tampa FD is not a part of Southwest Border or Project Gunrunner."

Whoopsie. I guess the "home office" did know all about Gunwalker, told other offices about it, and set up similar schemes with other ATF offices.

Multiple points:

1. Don't kid yourselves. This Obama regime gunwalking business is obviously going on all over the country. Don't think for a second that it was "just Tampa" in addition to the Mexican border. I would look for more ATF field offices to be revealed as virtual weaponry depots for enemies of the United States.

2. Now we know why Hillary Clinton and Obama were falling all over themselves to support and prop-up the Honduran Marxist dictator-wannabe, Manuel Zelaya back in 2009. I never could figure out why they would create such blatantly unflattering, pro-Marxist optics for the Obama regime for a small country like Honduras. Now it all makes perfect sense. Zelaya attempted to overthrow the Honduran constitution and install himself as dictator for life, a la Hugo Chavez. The Honduran Congress AND Supreme Court followed their Constitutional Rule of Law to the letter and removed Zelaya. Within hours Obama and Clinton were threatening Honduras and demanding that the Marxist dictator Zelaya be re-installed. Now we know why. Obama and Clinton were arming Zelaya and were coordinating with Zelaya to run arms through Honduras. Presumably the deal was that some of the arms would stay with Zelaya and most would move into Mexico from the South. Then, Obama and Clinton could "find" U.S. guns in Southern Mexico and Central America, and thus use these optics to bolster their false contention that "90%" of Mexican guns were sourced directly from the U.S. "See? U.S. guns are all the way down in Chiapas State and Guatemala. U.S. guns are everywhere! The Second Amendment simply is not feasible any longer!"

continued...
Police State

United States

#15 Jul 10, 2011
Concerned US Citizens wrote:
Send this to your elected DEMANDING arrests:
Gunwalker: Laying It All Out
July 7, 2011
Two big developments have emerged in Gunwalker. First, as I "tweeted" on June 24th, ATF Director Kenneth Melson has indeed spilled his guts and testified on July 4th before Congressional investigators. Gunwalker goes all the way to Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton and that walking manifestation of Incubus and Succubus, Barack Obama and Valerie Jarrett. Further, Mike Vanderboegh and David Codrea over at Sipsey Street Irregulars have broken news this morning that Holder/Clinton/Obama-Jarrett also were walking guns out of Florida into Honduras. Here's the money quote:
"There are emails in existence where (Special Agent in Charge Virginia) O’Brien has advised those involved that Tampa does not have to report their walked guns because Tampa FD is not a part of Southwest Border or Project Gunrunner."
Whoopsie. I guess the "home office" did know all about Gunwalker, told other offices about it, and set up similar schemes with other ATF offices.
Multiple points:
1. Don't kid yourselves. This Obama regime gunwalking business is obviously going on all over the country. Don't think for a second that it was "just Tampa" in addition to the Mexican border. I would look for more ATF field offices to be revealed as virtual weaponry depots for enemies of the United States.
2. Now we know why Hillary Clinton and Obama were falling all over themselves to support and prop-up the Honduran Marxist dictator-wannabe, Manuel Zelaya back in 2009. I never could figure out why they would create such blatantly unflattering, pro-Marxist optics for the Obama regime for a small country like Honduras. Now it all makes perfect sense. Zelaya attempted to overthrow the Honduran constitution and install himself as dictator for life, a la Hugo Chavez. The Honduran Congress AND Supreme Court followed their Constitutional Rule of Law to the letter and removed Zelaya. Within hours Obama and Clinton were threatening Honduras and demanding that the Marxist dictator Zelaya be re-installed. Now we know why. Obama and Clinton were arming Zelaya and were coordinating with Zelaya to run arms through Honduras. Presumably the deal was that some of the arms would stay with Zelaya and most would move into Mexico from the South. Then, Obama and Clinton could "find" U.S. guns in Southern Mexico and Central America, and thus use these optics to bolster their false contention that "90%" of Mexican guns were sourced directly from the U.S. "See? U.S. guns are all the way down in Chiapas State and Guatemala. U.S. guns are everywhere! The Second Amendment simply is not feasible any longer!"
continued...
One word: TREASON!
Concerned US Citizens

Commerce City, CO

#16 Jul 10, 2011
Police State wrote:
<quoted text>
One word: TREASON!
----------

Treason and Sedition - We can not allow this to go unanwsered, these people MUST be arrested and sentenced for High Treason and Sedition.
Willford

United States

#17 Jul 10, 2011
What we need a is WALL LIKE THE WALL OF CHINA, ELECTRIFIED and a moat WITH ALLIGATORS! Then we need the boots on the ground and all the other things you discussed. We need to shut the border DOWN except for the manned boarder crossings and beef the hell out of them on the Southern Border. If mexico complains tell them to got HELL because that is what they tell US.THEN we might start getting Border security.
Mary

Weymouth, MA

#18 Jul 10, 2011
As long as Obama needs voters the border will remain open....Not to mention the Globalist agenda which aims to bring down this country.
Who cares

Huntsville, AL

#19 Jul 11, 2011
Good lock that border down keep the stupid low life drug using drunk breeding mexicans out of the states
Silverback

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Jul 12, 2011
Willford: The great Wall in China was no deterrant to the Mongolians, I suggest you actually read history. And Who cares: your ignorance belies your inbreeding, but more than that your handle provides the best description for a response to such an unabashed display of ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mary Landrieu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mayor Landrieu backs Hillary Clinton in preside... Mar '16 Obama Faithful La... 1
News With David Vittera s loss, a spot of blue in th... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News Lawmakers back company responsible for decade-o... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Barack the Yellow 3
News A clarifying period of media bias (May '15) May '15 Nopervs 1
News Palin, 'Duck Dynasty' to rally in Louisiana (Nov '14) May '15 Tazo 2
News Wealth gap hits black families in U.S., La. (Sep '12) Apr '15 networth 6
News Holy Smokes! Indiana's 'Religious Freedom' Law ... (Apr '15) Apr '15 The wreck of home ec 1
More from around the web