Katrina victims fight FEMA debts

Dec 28, 2011 Full story: WTOP-FM Washington 111

In this photo taken in 2007, a backhoe clears debris from Hurricane Katrina, in the Lakeview section of New Orleans, Louisiana.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#103 Jan 4, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Hay Dude. Have you even been down to Apalachicola Bay. A lot of Atlanta people go down there.
Nope, but I go to the redneck riviera 3-4 times a year....I'm not into fishing and stuff, cept at red lopster

“Chasing Chunky's Chicks”

Since: Jun 11

Jackson Hole

#104 Jan 4, 2012
I lived in Florida many years. Florida has hurricanes all the time. Katrina "victims" were just victimizers defrauding the government, FEMA and the public.
And they still have their grubby little hands out.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#105 Jan 4, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>OK stupid. I told you at least five time already that Blanco made an official request two days before the storm struck. You sure are good at making irrelevant statements. You must be a Republican. But you seem convinced that the President was behaving responsible when he did nothing for five days while people were dieing.
show us the the link to the request.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#106 Jan 4, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>show us the the link to the request.
I guess that Swampy forgot that she was caught off mic(thinking it was off)saying that she wouldn't let any republican(Bush) in to run her state. Seems like the libs have a very select and short recall of facts.They(Swampy)are saying that she presented a "letter" she wrote asking for help the same day,strange it took her over a week to find that said "letter". No matter who you are you can't defend something that was caught on tape and also played live on TV.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#107 Jan 4, 2012
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that Swampy forgot that she was caught off mic(thinking it was off)saying that she wouldn't let any republican(Bush) in to run her state. Seems like the libs have a very select and short recall of facts.They(Swampy)are saying that she presented a "letter" she wrote asking for help the same day,strange it took her over a week to find that said "letter". No matter who you are you can't defend something that was caught on tape and also played live on TV.
When Brown testified before congress he even admitted he received the letter but claimed she never included New Orleans or the coastal parishes in the request. When Blanco showed the letter it proved Brown was lying. She requested emergency help for all coastal parishes and then had named all the coastal parishes including New Orleans parish. The letter was dated August 27th. Katrina struck early on the 29th. The off mic remark was made 5 days after Katrina struck when Bush offered to merge the national guard who had been on the ground for several days with the Federal troops Bush was finally starting to send 5 days late. By that time Blanco was plenty pissed off with the total lack of response from Fema and the Fed. Not only did Blanco request help from the Federal Government she also asked for help from Mississippi and received Mississippi NG troops many days before the Federal boys started rolling in. Again you are trying to trade spin for fact.

Deltona Fla

#108 Jan 4, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>show us the the link to the request.
What request?

Deltona Fla

#109 Jan 4, 2012
Chunky Punky wrote:
I lived in Florida many years. Florida has hurricanes all the time. Katrina "victims" were just victimizers defrauding the government, FEMA and the public.
And they still have their grubby little hands out.
They really screwed over the Government by dieing in the streets like that. They must have been trying to scam a free funeral on the Governments dime.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#110 Jan 4, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>When Brown testified before congress he even admitted he received the letter but claimed she never included New Orleans or the coastal parishes in the request. When Blanco showed the letter it proved Brown was lying. She requested emergency help for all coastal parishes and then had named all the coastal parishes including New Orleans parish. The letter was dated August 27th. Katrina struck early on the 29th. The off mic remark was made 5 days after Katrina struck when Bush offered to merge the national guard who had been on the ground for several days with the Federal troops Bush was finally starting to send 5 days late. By that time Blanco was plenty pissed off with the total lack of response from Fema and the Fed. Not only did Blanco request help from the Federal Government she also asked for help from Mississippi and received Mississippi NG troops many days before the Federal boys started rolling in. Again you are trying to trade spin for fact.
Swampy say you are right about the letter,how about addressing her comment on live TV when she didn't know it was a open mic? She sure didn't sound like she was ready to work with the feds than. BTW: I think that Brown was and is an idiot that couldn't run a hot dog stand,right with you on that one.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#111 Jan 4, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>When Brown testified before congress he even admitted he received the letter but claimed she never included New Orleans or the coastal parishes in the request. When Blanco showed the letter it proved Brown was lying. She requested emergency help for all coastal parishes and then had named all the coastal parishes including New Orleans parish. The letter was dated August 27th. Katrina struck early on the 29th. The off mic remark was made 5 days after Katrina struck when Bush offered to merge the national guard who had been on the ground for several days with the Federal troops Bush was finally starting to send 5 days late. By that time Blanco was plenty pissed off with the total lack of response from Fema and the Fed. Not only did Blanco request help from the Federal Government she also asked for help from Mississippi and received Mississippi NG troops many days before the Federal boys started rolling in. Again you are trying to trade spin for fact.
her copy of the letter.....right.

Deltona Fla

#112 Jan 4, 2012
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>Swampy say you are right about the letter,how about addressing her comment on live TV when she didn't know it was a open mic? She sure didn't sound like she was ready to work with the feds than. BTW: I think that Brown was and is an idiot that couldn't run a hot dog stand,right with you on that one.
I don't give a rats ass what her personal views of George Bush were. There probably are not as low as mine. I don't care if she cussed a blue streak at him. He deserved it. Blanco did make the necessary requests and she never even for a second tried to prevent any federal assistance from coming into the state. However the Reich keeps claiming that never made a request and now it seems you are claims Blanco blocked any federal assistance from entering the state. Those are simply flat out lies. The only request from Bush she turned down was to MERGE the NG with the Fed Troops. Maybe she didnít like the way Cheney had pull line crews off restoring power to hospitals and had them instead get an oil pipe running again.

Deltona Fla

#113 Jan 4, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>her copy of the letter.....right.
Do you have any other copies. Nobody has disputed her copy. Nobody has come up with a letter that says anything different. If it was not the same letter that Brown recieved I am sure his copy would have been published the next day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mary Landrieu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Louisiana voters decide fate of Mary Landrieu, ... Dec 12 serfs up 46
What the heck happened to Mary Landrieu? Dec 10 Foster 24
Opelousas, Louisiana, Mayor Donald Cravins (Fac... Dec 9 Le Duped 9
Have Black Voters Left the Building? Dec 9 Cordwainer Trout 4
Republicans closing in on ninth Senate pickup i... Dec 7 tha Professor 102
Landrieu's biggest hurdle in Louisiana? Obama Dec 7 ByeMary 4
Landrieu revisits Hurricane Katrina in Senate race Dec 7 ByeMary 9
More from around the web