Katrina victims fight FEMA debts

Dec 28, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTOP-FM Washington

In this photo taken in 2007, a backhoe clears debris from Hurricane Katrina, in the Lakeview section of New Orleans, Louisiana.

Comments
81 - 100 of 111 Comments Last updated Jan 4, 2012

“Beautiful & Hurt”

Since: Dec 11

Edmond, Oklahoma

#83 Jan 4, 2012
Why is the USA helping other countries who don't help us????? You know what REMOVE YOUR FEED THE HOMELESS CHILDREN ADS

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#84 Jan 4, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying that President Bush intentionally did not respond because he believed it was a state matter?
The president has no authority to usurp the sovereignty of a state or the jurisdiction of a governor unless the president declares martial law, ya dunce.

If you don't like the constitutional republic form of government like we have here in the U.S., move to a nationalist state like China, Spain or Germany.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#85 Jan 4, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>insure domestic Tranquility and promote the general Welfare both should cover it. Or do you think that states should handle these kinds of emergency themselves.
Move to china, you're off base and factless, once again. The president/the federal government has no authority to do either of those fine opinion based subjects that you mentioned. You're simply rechurning the same lack of knowledge regarding the U.S. constitution and repackaging it.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#86 Jan 4, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, a liberal loon trying to alibi a liberal mayor and govenor, suprise, suprise, suprise.
Exactly! And what is funny is they believe that if they simply choose to ignore the U.S. constition that it will go away, and in a strange way they are right, because a person has to assert their rights! That case has already been ruled on, if a person doesn't assert their rights, they can believe whatever they want and still bear all the ramifications, LOL!

For example, a person is wrongfully accused of something by police, they decide it's simply easier to agree with police to move on so they sign a confession while being video tapped, that cksker waived their own rights inspite of the constitutional right to not do so...so for them their lack of knowlege or not caring about the constitution made it seem as if it didn't exist and good for them, because that keeps the spotlight on the stupid and since I know my rights I'll use them to the fullest extent.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#87 Jan 4, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Move to china, you're off base and factless, once again. The president/the federal government has no authority to do either of those fine opinion based subjects that you mentioned. You're simply rechurning the same lack of knowledge regarding the U.S. constitution and repackaging it.
Those where not opinion based subjects.(whatever the Fthat is) Those were quotes from the Constitution.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#88 Jan 4, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>The president has no authority to usurp the sovereignty of a state or the jurisdiction of a governor unless the president declares martial law, ya dunce.
If you don't like the constitutional republic form of government like we have here in the U.S., move to a nationalist state like China, Spain or Germany.
OK stupid. I told you at least five time already that Blanco made an official request two days before the storm struck. You sure are good at making irrelevant statements. You must be a Republican. But you seem convinced that the President was behaving responsible when he did nothing for five days while people were dieing.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#89 Jan 4, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
But you seem convinced that the President was behaving responsible when he did nothing for five days while people were dieing.
1) there was no obligation for the federal government to interfere in the affairs of a sovereign state,

2) individuals are not owed a special duty in regards to protection, by government.

It's that simple.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#90 Jan 4, 2012
Katrina was just God flushing his toilet...sometimes you have to flush twice, maybe that will happen again soon.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#91 Jan 4, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>
1) there was no obligation for the federal government to interfere in the affairs of a sovereign state,
2) individuals are not owed a special duty in regards to protection, by government.
It's that simple.
So you think President Bush was behaving responsibly when he did nothing for five days while people were dieing. He was following the Constitution? Does that mean he was violating the Constitution when the Federal troops started arriving five days later?

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#92 Jan 4, 2012
inbred Genius wrote:
Katrina was just God flushing his toilet...sometimes you have to flush twice, maybe that will happen again soon.
If Katrina had followed it's original projected path Fairburn would have been flushed.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#93 Jan 4, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>So you think President Bush was behaving responsibly when he did nothing for five days while people were dieing. He was following the Constitution? Does that mean he was violating the Constitution when the Federal troops started arriving five days later?
Maybe after he saw what they were doing to the superdome, he decided they were not worth saving?

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#94 Jan 4, 2012
The only problem is when Atlanta gets flushed all the crap ends up in Apalachicola Bay and kills the oyster crop.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#95 Jan 4, 2012
How about when the N.O. police chief got on national television crying about dead babies getting raped in the meat lockers at the Superdome and then busted out in tears and was later out of a job. LOL, he should have been on the streets crying out to his cops to do their jobs. Speaking of which, I'll bet it was Bush's fault that N.O. police cars turned up abandoned in Texas, lol.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#96 Jan 4, 2012
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe after he saw what they were doing to the superdome, he decided they were not worth saving?
What do you think it was going to look like after 20,000 people were trapped in there for five days with no food, water, or working plumbing?

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#97 Jan 4, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
How about when the N.O. police chief got on national television crying about dead babies getting raped in the meat lockers at the Superdome and then busted out in tears and was later out of a job. LOL, he should have been on the streets crying out to his cops to do their jobs. Speaking of which, I'll bet it was Bush's fault that N.O. police cars turned up abandoned in Texas, lol.
The streets had ten feet of water in them.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#98 Jan 4, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>What do you think it was going to look like after 20,000 people were trapped in there for five days with no food, water, or working plumbing?
Swampy I know I shouldn't ask you this,but who's fault was that? I know,it was Bush's,not Nagan or the governor's,right? Spin away,you are a master at spin anyways.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#99 Jan 4, 2012
LOL, I guess they should have gotten on the Amrak trains that Bush failed to use federal troops to make them get aboard! LOL!!!

According to swampie, the next time a hurricane is laid a course for New Orleans, the president should send in federal troops with canes, then make the announcement that all persons not involved in emergency services to muster out in the street in five minutes with only I.D. and one carry on sized suitcase. When the five minutes is up, then starting from one the outskirts of the city toward the train station, the houses shall be cleared of all non-emergency personel and those who balk shall be motivated by simple use of the cane in order to obtain voluntary compliance with presidential orders to evacuate.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#100 Jan 4, 2012
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe after he saw what they were doing to the superdome, he decided they were not worth saving?
Hay Dude. Have you even been down to Apalachicola Bay. A lot of Atlanta people go down there.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#101 Jan 4, 2012
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>Swampy I know I shouldn't ask you this,but who's fault was that? I know,it was Bush's,not Nagan or the governor's,right? Spin away,you are a master at spin anyways.
The reason it flooded was the levees were overwhelmed. daaa. Then it took 5 days to start any relief effort. The only people who were on the ground were the local authorities and they were literally in over their heads.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#102 Jan 4, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
LOL, I guess they should have gotten on the Amrak trains that Bush failed to use federal troops to make them get aboard! LOL!!!
According to swampie, the next time a hurricane is laid a course for New Orleans, the president should send in federal troops with canes, then make the announcement that all persons not involved in emergency services to muster out in the street in five minutes with only I.D. and one carry on sized suitcase. When the five minutes is up, then starting from one the outskirts of the city toward the train station, the houses shall be cleared of all non-emergency personel and those who balk shall be motivated by simple use of the cane in order to obtain voluntary compliance with presidential orders to evacuate.
So according to you because they failed to get out in time it is OK to do nothing for five days after the levies broke?? Even though it was on every TV set all day long? Are you saying that Bush intentionally did nothing for five days? You sound like you are defending an actual decision to do nothing. I don't think anybody said that Bush's failure to respond was intentional,,,, until now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mary Landrieu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Barack Obama really wants for his birthday Aug 25 Lawrence Wolf 2
Louisiana Senate race: Yes, Landrieu's vulnerab... Aug 22 Har 4
Barney Frank: Obama Lied About Obamacare Aug 2 BARNEYs Frank 2
Red State Democrats Tread Lightly On Hobby Lobb... Jul '14 General Robert E Lee 2
Sen. Landrieu adds money to upgade FEMA flood m... Jun '14 22 Ski Doo 1
On Climate Change, Landrieu Stands With Coal, A... Jun '14 okimar 10
La. GOP tries to unseat Landrieu Jun '14 Le Jimbo 21
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Mary Landrieu People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••