Katrina victims fight FEMA debts

Dec 28, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTOP-FM Washington

In this photo taken in 2007, a backhoe clears debris from Hurricane Katrina, in the Lakeview section of New Orleans, Louisiana.

Comments
1 - 20 of 111 Comments Last updated Jan 4, 2012
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

It's been almost 7 years, and still no apology from Bush, for allowing that storm to hit NO.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
It's been almost 7 years, and still no apology from Bush, for allowing that storm to hit NO.
Thats O.K.,Obama has already told the people of NO that Bush pushed the storm there because Bush and all of the republicans are racist.Question for you IG,why hasn't the MSM screaming about all of the people in the mid-west that still hasn't gotten any help from FEMA to this day? OH,sorry,I know,it is Bush's fault and they are red states.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

It will be another 7 till they find all the fraud and to what states most skipped to. Probably down on the gulf claiming to be shrimpers and farmers.......more fraud climing the Obama trees.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

NYT CO to dump regional newspapers...NYTís slides further down hill.

Movie crowds dip to 16-year low as apathy lingers...America is tired of liberal messages.

MICHELLE SPORTS $2K SUN DRESS...While millions are facing a terrible financial holiday season, Michele getís private flights, 17 days in a resort in Hawaii and two thousand dollar sun dresses.

STOCKS TURN NEG FOR YEAR... Your 401Kís going South, President goes for 17 more days of golf and photo ops. These people have donít have a clue.

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

Next thing you know, they'll say Bush dynamited the levees down there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
They already said that,I believe it was the likes of Jackson or Sharpton,maybe Nagan that hinted at it.
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

I'm here From yer OBAMA Government To help you...

It seems HATI got uncounted funds to the tune of Billions1.DITTO KENYA!.with no pay back clause!

David Bellinger's mailbox. Bellinger, who is blind, needed a friend to read it and break the news that FEMA wants him to pay back more than $3,200 in federal aid he received after Katrina.

"I nearly had a stroke," recalls the 63-year-old, who moved to Atlanta after the storm wrecked his New Orleans home. "I'm totally blind. I subsist entirely on a Social Security disability check. If I have to pay this money back, it would pretty much wipe out all the savings I have."...

But an Native AMERICAN?? Like DAVID?...OBAMAS FEMA MEANS SQUAT!

Where is all the MONEY???..was Corzine involved"..why is that whole THUG ridden Thieves in NOLA getting away with Stealing?..where is that CROOK Mayor Ray Nagin ....or will crazy LOONS Still want to Blame others..AFTER SIX YEARS!!....OBAMAS INCOMPETENCE,just like BP Oil spill!...

WHERE IS THE MONEY????WHO IS IN CHARGE?? Why should a Blind Man have pay back $3,200 ..when BILLIONS ARE SQUANDERED!!!

CHANGE YA CAN BELIEVE IN!!WHILE OBAMA IS GOD DAMMING AMERICA!!

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

Republican Grand Poobah Evil Uncle Patty Robertson said gays were to blame for Katrina- and we all know "christians" don't lie, so it must be true.

Which means they all must have been gay closeted Rethuglicans.

LOL

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

Caribou Barbie wrote:
Republican Grand Poobah Evil Uncle Patty Robertson said gays were to blame for Katrina- and we all know "christians" don't lie, so it must be true.
LOL
He's an idiot, like you, everyone knows Bush caused the hurricane and your bad breath.LOL
swedenforever

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
Pat Robertson said its because of the 'voodoo' children there
Lacy

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
Bush did not cause the hurricane and is not responsible for the levies breaking. He is responsible for the way he handled the disaster. It is a complete disgrace to our country. American citizens were dying from exposure. No food or drinking water. Days before help arrived. No medical help. If news reporters could get in, so could FEMA. He had a person, one of his buddies, in charge that was completly with no knowledge as how to handle a disaster. The U.S. gets to countries on the other side of the world for disaster help faster than help arrived for Katrina victims.
liza

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

Before you continue with the Bush crap, take your
next vacation down there and see what has happened
to the billions that has poured into that state!
Search where the money went....Nothing has been
done in 7 yrs., and those people are living off
the government and setting in the rubble. Wouldn't
you have took some of the money and built yourself
a shelter of some kind? Go down there and just
listen for Once in your life. We got some of
them in our state 7yrs ago and they won't take
a job, and the government is paying them.
Its not Bush's fault and Obama has not helped, truth be told, those people care nothing about
doing for themselves, just want money and crap
on those who have giving them everything, Watch
in 7 more years, it will look as it did 7 yrs ago.
They are depending on the "LIKES" of you to keep
the crap going and still wanting you to keep them.
Take a look at Haite.......see any difference?
The money by billions has been sent and they are
still living in makeshift tents and kids are dying
from the filth....Omabas fault, oh no....
Will you EVER find a decent thought or bone in that
liberal lying body. Then keep these people, this government can afford it, RIGHT... Your crap will
continue from your kind so live with it.....
I'm still saying, go down there and see what is happening, give them tools and money and then go
back and see if you can find the tools.......don't
believe anyone, prove to your selves. Notice the
celebs., aren't doing much anymore....They tried
Go for a visit, just prove what you have been
saying for years......See how stupid you really can feel... Just like the rest of this country,
lies, bullying, and never realize you have ruined
many people because you just wanted to. Useless
people who lie. country going to a level only you
deserve and uphold.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

Lacy wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush did not cause the hurricane and is not responsible for the levies breaking. He is responsible for the way he handled the disaster. It is a complete disgrace to our country. American citizens were dying from exposure. No food or drinking water. Days before help arrived. No medical help. If news reporters could get in, so could FEMA. He had a person, one of his buddies, in charge that was completly with no knowledge as how to handle a disaster. The U.S. gets to countries on the other side of the world for disaster help faster than help arrived for Katrina victims.
If you did your homework you would know that it was the governor and the mayor of NO(both dems) that WOULDN'T let the federal goverment in to help for appox 15 days.The governor stated on T.V. that she didn't want any republican(Bush)taking control of her state. Put the blame where it belongs.I'm not saying that Bush was fault free,all I'm saying is that MOST of the blame is the governor's and the mayor's(Nagin)fault. Facts are facts.

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

Katrina was actually just God flushing his toilet...sometimes you have to flush twice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

inbred Genius wrote:
Katrina was actually just God flushing his toilet...sometimes you have to flush twice.
There are at least 25 more cities he should flush,and quickly.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
True, it's such a long distance to the RNC cafeteria.

LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

Caribou Barbie wrote:
LOL
The one thing we do know is that Christians are not perfect and still sin..........in the eyes of God. To liberals sin is a resume enhancer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
True, it's such a long distance to the RNC cafeteria.
LOL
Obama spends 7 hours at golf course with hooker-soliciting buddy...but but but, Iím gonna pivot to jobs and the economyÖÖÖ.Fore mo years.

Middle Class Warriors Dine Out for $260
by Keith Koffler on December 29, 2011, 8:42 am
President Obama and Michelle had dinner last night at Honoluluís famed foodie paradise, Alan Wongís.
The middle class was not invited.
I realize the Obamas are wealthy people, and that wealthy people have the right to drop $260 of their disposable income on chow. But if youíre going to invite Associated Press photographers along to capture your trip to Target and stage photo ops at PetSmart and Best Buy, then Iím going to write about your unpublicized excursion to Alan Wongís.

The press pool was not invited in to take photos this time. In fact, others were discouraged from doing so too. From the pool report:

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Yep, every lobster in the pacific is shakin in their shell, hoping Michelle won't pick them on this vacation....somebody melt some more butter, it's almost lunchtime.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>If you did your homework you would know that it was the governor and the mayor of NO(both dems) that WOULDN'T let the federal goverment in to help for appox 15 days.The governor stated on T.V. that she didn't want any republican(Bush)taking control of her state. Put the blame where it belongs.I'm not saying that Bush was fault free,all I'm saying is that MOST of the blame is the governor's and the mayor's(Nagin)fault. Facts are facts.
I love how you take thing out of context. That 5 days after the storm hit and it was about Federalizing National Guard troops that were already deployed. On August 27, 2005, Governor Blanco, speaking about Hurricane Katrina, told the media in Jefferson Parish, "I believe we are prepared. That's the one thing that I've always been able to brag about." Later that day she issued a request for federal assistance. August 29 Katrina strikes New Orleans.
On September 1, 2005, with reports of looting and lawlessness escalating, Governor Blanco announced she was sending 300 Arkansas National Guardsmen to supplement the New Orleans Police Department, saying,
President Bush, during a visit to Louisiana September 2, 2005,five days after the storm, offered to federalize the Louisiana National Guard to simplify the command structure. The Governor declined, because the Guard would then become part of the federal military forces and therefore lose much-needed policing powers. The President subsequently continued to press the offer so Governor Blanco rejected it in writing, citing the need for flexibility in National Guard operations, particularly the need for Guard in areas other than New Orleans where the military is not currently operating. Governor Haley Barbour of Mississippi reportedly declined a similar offer from the President. Had either state's National Guard been federalized, they would not have been able to directly enforce Louisiana state law (i.e., control looting) under the provisions of the 1878 Posse Comitatus Act.
DID YOU CATCH THE PART ABOUT DAYS AFTER THE STORM? So after the local Governors put National Guard troops in place Bush offered to Federalize them. Of course by federalizing them they no longer could have provided police protection which is what they had been sent to provide. Only after that did Bush start Federal rescue operations. The only thing Bush was worried about was the oil refineries. Vice President Dick Cheney was also criticized in his role in the aftermath. On the night of August 30, and again the next morning, he personally called the manager of the Southern Pines Electric Power Association and ordered him to divert power crews to electrical substations in nearby Collins, Mississippi that were essential to the operation of the Colonial Pipeline, which carries gasoline and diesel fuel from Texas to the Northeast.[20] The power crews were reportedly upset when told what the purpose of the redirection was, since they were in the process of restoring power to two local hospitals

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••