Sen. Mark Warner: 'If We Don't Get Th...

Sen. Mark Warner: 'If We Don't Get This Fixed, All of Us Ought to Get Fired'

There are 45 comments on the WAPI-AM Birmingham story from Jul 19, 2011, titled Sen. Mark Warner: 'If We Don't Get This Fixed, All of Us Ought to Get Fired'. In it, WAPI-AM Birmingham reports that:

Senator Mark Warner, D-Va., isn't mincing words: He flat-out told one of his constituents that if lawmakers -- himself included -- fail to pass a budget in time and resolve the ongoing debt debate, everyone should be canned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAPI-AM Birmingham.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Genie Janie

Woodbridge, VA

#43 Jul 24, 2011
Oh, and I DIDN'T vote for him. Yeah, I'll remember him when my license was getting ready to expire and the DMV was CLOSED, when my KID needed to go to college and she didn't have a scholarship, AND when one of her high GPA friends was REJECTED from Virginia Tech because he was a guy and NOT a "minority". No slots for him! THANKS A BUNCH, WARNER!!
Genie Janie

Woodbridge, VA

#45 Jul 24, 2011
These politicians don't realize what long term consequences their little edicts have on generations to come.
Real Change

Ashland, VA

#46 Jul 25, 2011
Genie Janie wrote:
Oh, and I DIDN'T vote for him. Yeah, I'll remember him when my license was getting ready to expire and the DMV was CLOSED, when my KID needed to go to college and she didn't have a scholarship, AND when one of her high GPA friends was REJECTED from Virginia Tech because he was a guy and NOT a "minority". No slots for him! THANKS A BUNCH, WARNER!!
Yea Warner is a dam genius. The guy is a piece of filth. I do not understand why he gets reelected. Shutting down dmv because of a planned budget shortfall and then having a surplus a month later???? That is poor money management and it's embarrassing. However, I saw a similar instance where a girl when i was in high school had a 4.3 gpa and got rejected from VA Tech and another black student had a 3.2 gpa got in. Well that is discrimination on the basis of race (racism). But no one seems to give a sh** anymore. And the VA Tech massacre shooter was a nonresident alien that took the place of an american student. What an outrage and again no one gives a sh**. We the people have to stop electing career politicians and start making some smart votes. Break the 2 party system, we're hurting ourselves.
Realist

Greensboro, NC

#47 Jul 25, 2011
Real Change wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea Warner is a dam genius. The guy is a piece of filth. I do not understand why he gets reelected. Shutting down dmv because of a planned budget shortfall and then having a surplus a month later???? That is poor money management and it's embarrassing. However, I saw a similar instance where a girl when i was in high school had a 4.3 gpa and got rejected from VA Tech and another black student had a 3.2 gpa got in. Well that is discrimination on the basis of race (racism). But no one seems to give a sh** anymore. And the VA Tech massacre shooter was a nonresident alien that took the place of an american student. What an outrage and again no one gives a sh**. We the people have to stop electing career politicians and start making some smart votes. Break the 2 party system, we're hurting ourselves.
People do care but feel their voices are not being heard. Term limits would definitey be a start on curbing the excesses of long term intrenched politicians. The longer they are in, the more favors they can sell in exchange for under the table rewards. One day a poor fellow, day after election, multimillions in his bank accout.
Genie Janie

Woodbridge, VA

#48 Jul 25, 2011
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>People do care but feel their voices are not being heard. Term limits would definitey be a start on curbing the excesses of long term intrenched politicians. The longer they are in, the more favors they can sell in exchange for under the table rewards. One day a poor fellow, day after election, multimillions in his bank accout.
Nope. They don't need blanket term limits. What is needed is an immediate way to UNSEAT already elected officials after they have proven themselves unwanted by the people before they can do any more damage. In this computer age, it's faster to do more damage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Mark Warner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Virginia for the Win: Can Terry McAuliffe save ... Jul 28 Phil 1
News OPM director resigns under pressure after scope... Jul 11 Black Annie 3
News Hillary Clinton to GOP: 'Move on' Jun '15 xxxrayted 46
News Democrats Are Selling Out Both People and Planet Jun '15 spadethetrade 1
News Virginia ex-governor, wife found guilty in corr... (Sep '14) Jun '15 swedenforever 8
News Sharing Economy Workers Need 'Safety Net,' U.S.... Jun '15 Gary 2
News Marco Rubio: Desperate for Cuba Deal, Obama Ign... May '15 L I G E R 66
More from around the web