Lawmakers open to changes in military...

Lawmakers open to changes in military benefits

There are 2 comments on the Press-Telegram story from Oct 22, 2011, titled Lawmakers open to changes in military benefits. In it, Press-Telegram reports that:

The government's promise of lifetime health care for the military's men and women is suddenly a little less sacrosanct as Congress looks to slash trillion-dollar-plus deficits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Telegram.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 22, 2011
If they are going to open veterans benefits to changes, they damned well better make changes in their own benefits first.

Congressmen / women shouldn't be paid in the first place and damned certainly shouldn't get lifetime benefits for only serving one term in office.

Since: Apr 07

Nashville, TN

#2 Oct 22, 2011
I was receiving my health care from TriCare until my Service-Connected Disability rating was raised from 30% to 40% and I was told by the DOD that because I was now Medicare eligible that I am NO LONGER covered under TriCare.

So much for the Full Medical for life lie.

My name is Jim Hayden and I AM the next American President
http://www.jimhayden2012.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Mark Warner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sen. Dianne Feinstein says Russian involvement ... Wed tomin cali 34
News Tim Kaine names former aide as his vice preside... Oct '16 Squirtzzz2572 6
News Tim Kaine as vice president? That would leave a... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Marriage abortion 11
News Clinton Must Go Bold -- and Go Left -- For VP (Jul '16) Jul '16 Bakker 1
News Ex-Va. Gov. McDonnell and wife charged with fed... (Jan '14) May '16 Geezer Heimers 41
News Agency picks site for FBI records complex (Jan '16) Apr '16 IIa 3
News Senate proposal on encryption gives judges broa... (Mar '16) Mar '16 positronium 7
More from around the web