UPDATE 1-US Air Force nearing answers on F-22 oxygen issue

Jun 15, 2012 Read more: Reuters 7

The Air Force is close to understanding what is causing some F-22 fighter pilots to get dizzy and disoriented when flying the most advanced U.S. warplane, and could resume normal operations later this year, a top general said on Thursday.

Read more

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Griffin, GA

#1 Jun 15, 2012
The Air Force stopped flying the F-22 completely for five months last year, resuming flights in September. But concern about the F-22 flared again this year after two F-22 pilots told CBS's "60 Minutes" program they had stopped flying the fighter jet due to worry about safety.

Two U.S. lawmakers on Thursday released new Air Force data showing that F-22 pilots were experiencing symptoms of oxygen deprivation, or hypoxia, at 10 times the rate seen on other U.S. warplanes.

It's always disappointing to hear about these issues on Billion Dollar aircraft since the contractors are billing the US Taxpayer for their screw ups one way or another.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3 Jun 15, 2012
I know what caused it. Idiots.
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#4 Jun 15, 2012
Pilots for the U.S. Air Force's F-22 Raptor fighter jets have been ordered to take off a portion of their flying suits, specifically the G-suit vest, during routine training missions as the service continues to investigate a rare but mysterious breathing problem some pilots have experienced in the $420 million-a-pop jets.

This may be the answer...Of course they will solve this....I would not worry too much....All new technolgy and planes go thru this....

Young Brainless Half Brains and Loons cannot recall the breaking of the Sound Barrier...lots of Grief..followed by a simple answer.Control reversal....But Chuck Yeager,and Scott Crossfield explored not only MACH 1,but much higher speeds

Most of the Planes of WW2 were called "WIDOW MAKERS"....If LOONS are looking for the safety of their mothers wombs,I suggest they start now to go that route.

The F-22 is a remarkable Plane...The future is here with this..nothing like it!!

Hey we went to the MOON!..DO IT??
These guys are called the RIGHT STUFF,as compared to LOONS who are the GUTLESS FAT ASS SOFT WONDERS of today's WORST GENERATION....

OBAMA KILLED NASA!...GOD DAM AMERICA!!
DENG

Nanjing, China

#5 Jun 16, 2012

THE F22 IS TECHNOLOGY FROM THE 1980S. OLD.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#6 Jun 16, 2012
CHECK SIX wrote:
Pilots for the U.S. Air Force's F-22 Raptor fighter jets have been ordered to take off a portion of their flying suits, specifically the G-suit vest, during routine training missions as the service continues to investigate a rare but mysterious breathing problem some pilots have experienced in the $420 million-a-pop jets.
This may be the answer...Of course they will solve this....I would not worry too much....All new technolgy and planes go thru this....
Young Brainless Half Brains and Loons cannot recall the breaking of the Sound Barrier...lots of Grief..followed by a simple answer.Control reversal....But Chuck Yeager,and Scott Crossfield explored not only MACH 1,but much higher speeds
Most of the Planes of WW2 were called "WIDOW MAKERS"....If LOONS are looking for the safety of their mothers wombs,I suggest they start now to go that route.
The F-22 is a remarkable Plane...The future is here with this..nothing like it!!
Hey we went to the MOON!..DO IT??
These guys are called the RIGHT STUFF,as compared to LOONS who are the GUTLESS FAT ASS SOFT WONDERS of today's WORST GENERATION....
OBAMA KILLED NASA!...GOD DAM AMERICA!!
The men in white coats are on your six.
TedsLiver

San Francisco, CA

#7 Jun 16, 2012
DENG wrote:
THE F22 IS TECHNOLOGY FROM THE 1980S. OLD.
. Still can shoot down those bottle rockets the Chinese Air Force flys. Later Dung.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#8 Jun 16, 2012
TedsLiver wrote:
<quoted text>. Still can shoot down those bottle rockets the Chinese Air Force flys. Later Dung.
the Chinese fly American designed F-15's the Israelis had US taxpayers develop and then sold them to the Chinese.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Mark Warner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Marco Rubio: Desperate for Cuba Deal, Obama Ign... Feb '15 WE JUST DONT CARE 23
News Ex-Va. Gov. McDonnell and wife charged with fed... (Jan '14) Jan '15 swedenforever 35
News Republican Ed Gillespie concedes Virginia Senat... Nov '14 Constitutional_Reset 3
News Bob McDonnell: Mitt Romney will win Virginia (Apr '12) Nov '14 Swedenforever 12
News Gillespie concedes 'hard-fought' Va. Senate rac... Nov '14 Le Jimbo 8
News Rep. Ed Gillespie concedes US Senate race to De... Nov '14 Jeff Brightone 1
News Election Leaves Immigration Advocates Frustrate... Nov '14 wild child 5
More from around the web