Colorado immigrants continue to press...

Colorado immigrants continue to press for reform

There are 35 comments on the Aspen Times Weekly story from Feb 11, 2010, titled Colorado immigrants continue to press for reform. In it, Aspen Times Weekly reports that:

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. - Hundreds of immigrants to Colorado and their allies gathered near the foot of the Grand Mesa Wednesday afternoon to press lawmakers for immigration reform.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Aspen Times Weekly.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ccholo

Husser, LA

#21 Feb 14, 2010
senor gringos y gringas porque no amigas y amigos?

“OMG! Obama Must GO”

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere else

#22 Feb 15, 2010
Friends don't break into each other's houses and steal their stuff.
Tony

Bradenton, FL

#23 Feb 15, 2010
Colorado police and law enforcement should continue to enforce and carry out the laws of the United States.
slocatch

United States

#24 Feb 17, 2010
What?
slocatch

United States

#25 Feb 17, 2010
ccholo wrote:
senor gringos y gringas porque no amigas y amigos?
What?

“OMG! Obama Must GO”

Somewhere else

#26 Feb 17, 2010
I'm always amused by the brainless morons who think illegal aliens are "immigrants".

It's like calling a burglar a "houseguest".
slocatch

United States

#27 Feb 17, 2010
GJFlash wrote:
I'm always amused by the brainless morons who think illegal aliens are "immigrants".
It's like calling a burglar a "houseguest".
I preffer the term 'fugitive', it is what they would tag you or I if we commited a felony. Using that term hold our civic leadership responsible for harboring them. Truth, no spin.
GSXR

Longmont, CO

#28 Feb 17, 2010
slocatch wrote:
<quoted text>I preffer the term 'fugitive', it is what they would tag you or I if we commited a felony. Using that term hold our civic leadership responsible for harboring them. Truth, no spin.
I don't know if fugitive really works with illegal aliens. The word fugitive implies running from the "law" and since the "law" around here treats illegals better than citizens it doesn't seem to be that good of a fit.

“OMG! Obama Must GO”

Somewhere else

#29 Feb 17, 2010
GSXR wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if fugitive really works with illegal aliens. The word fugitive implies running from the "law" and since the "law" around here treats illegals better than citizens it doesn't seem to be that good of a fit.
I think you're right, GSXR. We're really treating them like...welll...

Houseguests.

Ironic, huh?
slocatch

United States

#30 Feb 17, 2010
GSXR wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your putting some spin on it. They commited a felony and are on the run, perhaps with your social security number.
slocatch

United States

#31 Feb 17, 2010
GJFlash wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're right, GSXR. We're really treating them like...welll...
Houseguests.
Ironic, huh?
Kind of like class action harboring. Hinkenlooper wants to make Denver and Colorado his plantation and do it with out building bunk houses. Just use the older neighborhoods. All his friends are in Wash Park and Cherry Creek. Heck isn't that where his restaurants are?
GSXR

Longmont, CO

#32 Feb 17, 2010
slocatch wrote:
<quoted text>I think your putting some spin on it. They commited a felony and are on the run, perhaps with your social security number.
No, no spin here. Illegal aliens break the law when they cross the boarder though I do not believe that is a felony, though it should be. All I am saying is that our government looks the other way about these folks and thus I would be hard pressed to call them fugitives. Fugitives don't usually march and make demands upon elected officials.
slocatch

United States

#33 Feb 17, 2010
GSXR wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no spin here. Illegal aliens break the law when they cross the boarder though I do not believe that is a felony, though it should be. All I am saying is that our government looks the other way about these folks and thus I would be hard pressed to call them fugitives. Fugitives don't usually march and make demands upon elected officials.
Arogant one's do. Is using some one elses identity a felony?
GSXR

Longmont, CO

#34 Feb 18, 2010
slocatch wrote:
<quoted text>Arogant one's do. Is using some one elses identity a felony?
I am not a lawyer so I am not positive on this but I believe it depends on what you do while using someone else s ID.
Slocatch

United States

#35 Feb 18, 2010
GSXR wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Mark Udall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP Faces Uphill Climb With Latino Voters In Ke... (Oct '15) Nov '16 Media Moguls 8
News For Obama, golf is an escape, even when he brin... (Aug '15) Aug '15 American_Infidel 56
News Avoiding the Trump Trap on Immigration (Jul '15) Jul '15 Jesus Latter Day ... 13
News Can Republicans Repeat an Upset in Colorado? (May '15) May '15 Le Jimbo 1
News Self-Inflicted Wounds: Phony 'War on Women' Fal... (May '15) May '15 Responsibility 4
News Gary Hart apologizes to Cory Gardner for barbs ... (May '15) May '15 Holy Silicon Wafer 1
News Poll: Paul best GOP bet in three swing states a... (Apr '15) Apr '15 E Warren the Weasel 1
More from around the web