Tom Mauser, whose son was killed at C...

Tom Mauser, whose son was killed at Columbine, about guns at Starbucks, on campus

There are 12 comments on the Denver - News, Events, Restaurants, Music from Denver, CO - Westword story from Apr 20, 2010, titled Tom Mauser, whose son was killed at Columbine, about guns at Starbucks, on campus. In it, Denver - News, Events, Restaurants, Music from Denver, CO - Westword reports that:

Tom Mauser became a gun-control advocate after his son's murder. As we noted earlier, today is the fifteenth anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing, which MSNBC is marking with a documentary featuring recordings of Timothy McVeigh telling people, "Get over it." But an anniversary tomorrow strikes even closer to home for Tom Mauser.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver - News, Events, Restaurants, Music from Denver, CO - Westword.

Colonel Hans Landa

Perth, Australia

#1 Apr 20, 2010
Is it just me or does anyone else think 8mm - rather than gun control - when hearing/reading the word 'Mauser'?
Sorry Mr Mauser, but all i was thinking about were bolt actions whilst i was reading this story.
P_Zon-ue

San Antonio, TX

#2 Apr 20, 2010
Colonel Hans Landa wrote:
Is it just me or does anyone else think 8mm - rather than gun control - when hearing/reading the word 'Mauser'?
Sorry Mr Mauser, but all i was thinking about were bolt actions whilst i was reading this story.
Some people feel the need to be 'perpetual victims.'

One wonders what he'd be saying now if his offspring had been run over by an automobile, or had been stabbed with a kitchen knife?
Ron

United States

#3 Apr 20, 2010
Tom, I recognize and morn your loss, but you need to open your eyes into the government's participation in this crime.

It is the government who made schools into a "Weapons Free Zone". As you know, cowards always seek cause and effect with the least risk to their mission. They knew that no one on campus had the means of self-defense and that they could do what ever they wanted to do.

Stop giving murders this advantage over the citizens of this great nation and allow the staff the means of self-defense. If not this, demand that the government place police at every entrance to every school in America, but then this turns us into a Military State and the Constitution does not in any way provide for the protection of our children.

This places the responsibility directly in the hands of good citizens like yourself and the nation's teachers.

Give our kids a fighting chance and remove the "Weapons Free Zones" in America and allow the grown up to protect our children from these types of acts.
Sharkey

Louisville, KY

#4 Apr 20, 2010
P_Zon-ue wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people feel the need to be 'perpetual victims.'
One wonders what he'd be saying now if his offspring had been run over by an automobile, or had been stabbed with a kitchen knife?
We should follow Britain into the future, and starting working to ban pointy knives!
Ron

United States

#5 Apr 20, 2010
Tom, additionally, murder has been around since the beginning of Man and there has never been a law passed that has stopped a murder from occurring.
There is one single element that has ever had a chance in preventing bodily hard and murder. That single element is "SELF-DEFENSE".
God has gifted every living organism with the means of Self-Defense and the U. S. Constitution places the Right to Self-Defense squarely in the hand of American citizens.
Do not allow the government to deprive you of your RIGHTS and the Rights of your loved ones.

GPM

“DILLIGAF?”

Since: Aug 08

San Antonio, TX

#6 Apr 20, 2010
I can see his bumper-sticker - "My son died in a gun-free zone. I want your kids to have the same chance as he had!"

Since: Sep 09

United States

#7 Apr 20, 2010
Tom, additionally, and please seriously think about this.

Why has Russia or China not attacked the USA and why has the USA not attacked Russia or China? DETERRENCE! Mutual Elimination! That is the only reason.

Throughout history, man's only self-defense has been through the use of deterrence! It is not a guarantee for survival, but it is better than having no deterrence.(By the way, Obama is taking the USA into this direction. He is "kissing" us good-bye.)

During the Holocaust, Adolf Hitler implemented gun-control taking away Jewish deterrence capabilities. Without the Jews having deterrent capabilities, Hitler cold-bloodily murdered millions of people. In the end, the world's deterrent capabilities put and end to Hitler and his Regime.

As long as there is a single weapon in the world, we as a people need deterrence capabilities!

The world is not a safe place to be and will not be safe until the return of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Support zero tolerance gun laws that deal harshly with those who commit violent crimes and stop putting offenders back on the streets.

Support the deterrence capabilities of all citizens of the United States of America! Support self-defense for ourselves and our schools!

Don't live in fear! Live well prepared for what ever is coming your way!
Will Burns

United States

#8 Apr 20, 2010
Isn't Rachel Scotts dad pro gun, and anti-weapons free zones?

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#9 Apr 22, 2010
They always think their kid's death justifies the elimination of the 2nd amendment and a total ban by govt of all weapons. But that's all they think.

They never think about Hitler banning guns from the Jews and then exterminating 6 million of them (including a million Jewish kids).

They don't think about why we have a 2nd amendment, or about all the other deaths by other causes.

They never think, or care, that guns are the least causes of death. They never think why we have guns. They just think the gun owners are evil, because their kid was murdered by a gun (not a shooter)..

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#10 Apr 22, 2010
Columbine happened because parents failed to teach their kids about bullying. So today, we have former Columbine parents (yes, some are very innocent) who think they can bully 90 million gun owners (into becoming slaves or peasants to their masters the govt).

“Facts exist, even when ignored”

Since: Feb 07

Somewhere in Indiana

#12 Apr 25, 2010
The perps had someone ELSE buy the guns! The purchase already was ILLEGAL. Oddly, you never hear that part mentioned...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#13 Apr 25, 2010
Will Burns wrote:
Isn't Rachel Scotts dad pro gun, and anti-weapons free zones?
That would be the epitome of irony.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Mark Udall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP Faces Uphill Climb With Latino Voters In Ke... (Oct '15) Nov '16 Media Moguls 8
News For Obama, golf is an escape, even when he brin... (Aug '15) Aug '15 American_Infidel 56
News Avoiding the Trump Trap on Immigration (Jul '15) Jul '15 Jesus Latter Day ... 13
News Can Republicans Repeat an Upset in Colorado? (May '15) May '15 Le Jimbo 1
News Self-Inflicted Wounds: Phony 'War on Women' Fal... (May '15) May '15 Responsibility 4
News Gary Hart apologizes to Cory Gardner for barbs ... (May '15) May '15 Holy Silicon Wafer 1
News Poll: Paul best GOP bet in three swing states a... (Apr '15) Apr '15 E Warren the Weasel 1
More from around the web