In switch, gay rights becoming wedge for Democrats

May 22, 2014 Full story: Northern Michigan News 14

It wasn't all that long ago that Republicans used gay marriage as a tool to drive Election Day turnout.

Full Story
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#2 May 23, 2014
""But gay marriage, supported by less than one-third of Americans in 2004, is now supported by a solid majority in recent polls, with approval highest among younger voters. Some Republicans believe that mounting public support represents a danger to their party, and they are scrambling to prevent Democrats from using the issue of gay rights in the same way some in their own party did for years.""

Repubs showing they are still backward thinkers and they need to move on to this century!
Pinocchio Goes to Israel

Pittsfield, MA

#3 May 23, 2014
In time it will be known that far left radicals and lunatics are segregationists themselves. These 'issues' in the short term have done more harm than good for those identifying as gay. If they are not careful, they will destroy themselves and their cause along with the far left dictators of our time. Orwell is laughing.
Hysterically.

:o)
Pinocchio Goes to Israel

Pittsfield, MA

#4 May 23, 2014
The liberal recipe for disaster is that others who disagree with them will pay their way. See the recent picket lines for a raise and hilarious women's rights bs on pmsnbc. Democrats can't create jobs. Period!
This President had no plan.
This President has no plan.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#5 May 23, 2014
liberals showing they STILL have no accomplishments to run on, as they RUN FROM obamacare!
so they resort to finger pointing and pandering...
Pinocchio Goes to Israel

Pittsfield, MA

#6 May 23, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
""But gay marriage, supported by less than one-third of Americans in 2004, is now supported by a solid majority in recent polls, with approval highest among younger voters. Some Republicans believe that mounting public support represents a danger to their party, and they are scrambling to prevent Democrats from using the issue of gay rights in the same way some in their own party did for years.""
Repubs showing they are still backward thinkers and they need to move on to this century!
After the economy has been the way it has for SEVERAL years under OBAMA who the hell would want to vote for another Democrat coming up in the next election? Take responsibility for your own FAILED policies instead of blaming some one else. GTF out!
Mr Q

Johnston City, IL

#7 May 23, 2014
Queer propaganda.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#8 May 23, 2014
Pinocchio Goes to Israel wrote:
<quoted text>Take responsibility !
Dear, this is about the republicans not being up to the century on gay issues.

That is their responsibility and no on else's.

Try again ...

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#9 May 23, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, this is about the republicans not being up to the century on gay issues.
That is their responsibility and no on else's.
Try again ...
nice try dear...but it's about your left wing nincompoop's pandering, and desperate attempts to make an insignificant issue important...because you have nothing, nada, zip, ziltch, zero else to use...other than your old stand-by...baseless personal attacks.
face it, moonbeam, the progressive movement has collapsed ...social engineering is NOT what the folks want...
I'm sure your progressive loons will be back in 30 years or so, that seems to be the cycle...kinda like locusts...

“I'd rather be snowmobiling”

Since: Oct 07

8120'

#10 May 23, 2014
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
..........pandering, and desperate attempts to make an insignificant issue important...because you have nothing, nada, zip, ziltch, zero else to use...other than your old stand-by...baseless personal attacks.
face it, moonbeam, the progressive movement has collapsed ...social engineering is NOT what the folks want...
I'm sure your progressive loons will be back in 30 years or so, that seems to be the cycle...kinda like locusts...
While the 1st part of your post is the 1st sensible thing I've ever heard a Teahadist say about the newest grave dancing Benghazi spectacle, the whimpering 2nd part is denial wrapped in ignorance with a nice miasma of desperation.
You know the next shot at the WH that, whatever the GOPTEA Party ever decides it should be, is, will be around 2030, right?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11 May 23, 2014
Pinocchio Goes to Israel wrote:
The liberal recipe for disaster is that others who disagree with them will pay their way. See the recent picket lines for a raise and hilarious women's rights bs on pmsnbc. Democrats can't create jobs. Period!
This President had no plan.
Either you are an ignoramus, or your nose just grew another six inches. It is well known that Obama submitted a comprehensive jobs plan to Congress quite awhile ago. It is also well known that the Republican-led House has blocked a vote on it.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#13 May 24, 2014
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
some thing cobbled together by insurance companies and sexuyal deviates isnt a plan
You are too stupid to merit a serious response.
Deo Vindice

Sacramento, CA

#14 May 24, 2014
Homosexuals are competing for more right with illegal Mexicans and illegal muslims.

Homosexual activists are lobbying politicians to lower the age for consensual sex to thirteen (13).
Gullible children, especially young boys, will be taken advantage of and parents will be completely out of the loop.

This is the agenda for the democRATS.
Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub

Philadelphia, PA

#15 May 24, 2014
Mr Q wrote:
Queer propaganda.
Oh good, I only hope the Republican Party as captured by its fundie and racist base doubles down on the anti gay bigotry...I mean, since this whole becoming a wedge for the Democrats is just a mirage.

Since: Mar 07

Spotsylvania, VA

#17 May 29, 2014
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
well name calling like a 3 yr old saves you from having to answer all these people who are getting staggering increases in their insurance. typical democrat you live in a fantasy world
What about the tens upon tens of thousands of folks who had no insurance, that are now covered? The lives saved?

What is your problem with Romneycare?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Mark Udall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election results sobering for gay-rights movement Nov '14 Wondering 76
Winners and losers of the 2014 election, first ... Nov '14 tha Professor 66
The Worst Political Calculation the Democrats M... Nov '14 ronnie 2
What if Democrats had told the truth about Obama? Nov '14 Bama Yankee 4
Election Leaves Immigration Advocates Frustrate... Nov '14 wild child 5
Ahead Of Election, Latino Voters See Immigratio... Nov '14 ronnie 2
ObamaCare Returns as an Election Albatross Nov '14 Even Steven 86
More from around the web