State GOP Blasts Its Own Leader For Supporting Gay Marriage

Jan 13, 2013 Full story: The Huffington Post 24

For refusing to toe the party line over same-sex marriage in Illinois, state GOP Chairman Pat Brady is now facing an intra-party backlash with some Republican officials calling for his resignation.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 13, 2013
Stand up to them, Mr. Brady ... for the sake of your Party!\

I'm not a Republican, but the hijacking of your Party by the far right makes me sad. People such as yourself are needed to bring it to an end.

Good on ya, and thank you!
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#2 Jan 13, 2013
It just proves the republican party is anti-American. People are supposed to have the rights to their own opinions and the freedom to speak them. The republican party is nothing but a bunch of thug drownes that do not like anyone but duplicates like themselves.

What ever happened to American individualism?

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Destin, FL

#3 Jan 13, 2013
Brian wrote:
It just proves the republican party is anti-American. People are supposed to have the rights to their own opinions and the freedom to speak them. The republican party is nothing but a bunch of thug drownes that do not like anyone but duplicates like themselves.
What ever happened to American individualism?
You do have those rights and freedoms, but there can be consequences when exercising them.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Jan 13, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
You do have those rights and freedoms, but there can be consequences when exercising them.
And in a civilized society others are free of responsibility for taking upon themselves the levying of those "consequences" ?
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#5 Jan 13, 2013
Why doesnt the GOP support FREEDOM AND EQUALITY??????

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

#6 Jan 13, 2013
In CA Republican Registration is at approximately 29%. In State Government they hold NO "State Wide Offices" and less than 33% of either House in the Legislature. As a "party" they are, to use a highly technical term, Batsh-t Crazy.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#7 Jan 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
Why doesnt the GOP support FREEDOM AND EQUALITY??????
Fear mongering is less effective when there aren't any more witches to hunt.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#8 Jan 13, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear mongering is less effective when there aren't any more witches to hunt.
How many people have died at the hands of christians in the name of god.....SICK EVIL RELIGION.......

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Destin, FL

#9 Jan 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
How many people have died at the hands of christians in the name of god.....SICK EVIL RELIGION.......
Have you ever heard of Islam?
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#10 Jan 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
Why doesnt the GOP support FREEDOM AND EQUALITY??????
Because there is a movement within the GOP. They are the American Taliban,
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#11 Jan 13, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of Islam?
Yea that religions is anothere vil hate filled religion...Christians and jews and muslims....THREE INSANE PEAS IN A POD...

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#12 Jan 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
How many people have died at the hands of christians in the name of god.....SICK EVIL RELIGION.......
None.....according to them.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#13 Jan 13, 2013
Christianity really isn't the problem, it's merely a symptom exhibited by too many of those who want to rationalize their abusing the gay folk. It's not our fault, it's God's, take it up with him and if He isn't telling you the exact same thing He is telling us, it's you who isn't listening. So there.

Christianity doesn't cause that, doesn't even really support it, individual and herds of Christians go there on there own. Not all make that mistake.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#14 Jan 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea that religions is anothere vil hate filled religion...Christians and jews and muslims....THREE INSANE PEAS IN A POD...
Any religion that doesn't support peace and freedom is a failure.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#15 Jan 13, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Any religion that doesn't support peace and freedom is a failure.
Only religion I really can say I would like is Buddhism....Never heard anyone killed or tortured in Buddhas name...

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#16 Jan 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Only religion I really can say I would like is Buddhism....Never heard anyone killed or tortured in Buddhas name...
I can't disagree with any philosophy that teaches a code of ethics with an emphasis on individual happiness without all the supernatural scapegoating for hate and discrimination that seems to be prevalent in the Abrahamic faiths.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#17 Jan 13, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't disagree with any philosophy that teaches a code of ethics with an emphasis on individual happiness without all the supernatural scapegoating for hate and discrimination that seems to be prevalent in the Abrahamic faiths.
I know...The buybull is so full of contradiction also and outright lies.....cant see how so many can follow that messed up religion.

Thing of it also is most of the real religion are far right conservatives and they scream about freedom all the time ...yet there side promotes the most ehavy rules and bans and taking of freedom of any group....They also are in a religion that makes them a slave to teh church and there god....MAKES NO SENSE.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#18 Jan 13, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of Islam?
Agreed, christianity is just as bad as islam.....
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#19 Jan 13, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, christianity is just as bad as islam.....
Christianity is almost worse...Islam you know what you get up front they are an mean nasty insane stone age thugs who want to blow you up...With christians they smile and talk love and goodness but then reach around behind your back and take your freedoms and rights and try to kill you NICELY...

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#20 Jan 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is almost worse...Islam you know what you get up front they are an mean nasty insane stone age thugs who want to blow you up...With christians they smile and talk love and goodness but then reach around behind your back and take your freedoms and rights and try to kill you NICELY...
One thing I've noticed since coming to this forums is how so many project their own nasty traits onto others, even other xtians who don't join in on their hate-fest and hold to their same fundamental, dominionist, and discriminatory views.

The niceness is just another component of the deception(s).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Mark Kirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Senator cites Michelle Obama challenge to raise... Sep 15 WelbyMD 32
Obamaa s not-so-secret Hud plan | by Robert Romano Aug '14 tomincali 5
Rep. Gutierrez Checks on Immigrant Kids in Texas Jul '14 wild child 3
Emanuel wants Chicago to shelter young immigrants Jul '14 layabout 1
Fla. GOP Rep Backs Gay Marriage Despite Persona... Jul '14 Gremlin 5
Sen. Kirk: 748 "Unaccompanied Minors" Sent To C... Jul '14 OMG 7
GOP Senator Demands Criminal Background Checks ... Jul '14 Memo From Turner 9
•••

Senator Mark Kirk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••