After Kirk stroke, colleagues push on Polish visas

Feb 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ABC7 Chicago

Weighed down by her husband's ruinous debts, Wanda Borowski left Poland 25 years ago to find work in the U.S., unaware it would mean two decades without seeing the son she left behind.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Feb 17, 2012

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Boo hoo. Guess she should've thought about all that when she came here. Did she come legally? If so, she can go back to Poland and visit her son. If not, she can go back to Poland permanently, as she doesn't belong here.

I'm sure none of the pro-illegals who claim we're all "racist" for wanting illegals to go home will be on here yelling racism, as this lady (and her son) are obviously white.

I'm half Polish and laws are laws. Let this woman go visit her son if it's so important. However, I believe she is likely here illegally, which means she needs to get her sorry, illegal butt back to Poland.

Quote:
Poland is among the few European Union countries left out of a U.S. waiver program that allows people to travel to the U.S. up to 90 days without a visa. While Poland is a key U.S. ally in many respects, it's not included at least partly out of concern that Polish visitors will stay on as illegal immigrants -- the reason Borowski's son Jaroslav has never been allowed to visit her.

"I'm extremely disappointed and confused," Borowski, 62, said in a tearful conversation at her suburban Chicago home, where she cares for her ailing husband. "I want someone to explain why my son cannot come here for just three weeks."
End Quote

Whine and moan. Check into the laws before you come here. Don't come here and then whine that you can't do what you want.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

This shows just how racist our country has become. It is o.k. to deny people from Poland a visa to come here for fear they will not leave because a few thousand over the years have stayed illegally, yet when a latino is caught here illegally the government will not deport them until they are convicted of a major felony even though there are millions of illegal latinos in the country.
If immigration laws were enforced people that come here on visas would not overstay thier visas no matter where they came from.
Disgusting

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Unfricking believable!
mayer

Laval, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

A few thousand illegal Poles. A few million illegal Latinos. And ... Poles are the problem. Yeah, unbelievable.
annie

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

We don't want or need any more fricking illegals. However, why don't we ever worry about how many illegal Latinos are here, how fertile they are and how they demand to be treated better than citizens?

Is this woman on welfare? How any Latinos are on welfare?

Hispanics believe they are racially profiled. How else would we know who to give preferential treatment, welfare, illegal jobs, amnesty etc to?
magadala

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

"...recalled Borowski, speaking in both English and Polish through a translator. "

She has lived in America for 20 years!!!!! Now that she is a non English speaking citizen, she can go visit her son in Poland. I know hubby is sick, but all of this sounds like a personal problem, certainly not worth changing legislation over.

We all know that her son will become an illegal alien as soon as he steps off the boat! Geeze!
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

9/11: controlled demolitions; NORAD made to stand down; electronic hijacking of planes; etc.
The following videos are from Eric Hufschmid’s work, 9-11: A Closer Look. These are some of the best resources on 9/11 though they are a few years old and do not focus on the identity of the perpetrators
http://www.911missinglinks.com/synopsis/
mayer

Laval, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

magadala wrote:
We all know that her son will become an illegal alien as soon as he steps off the boat! Geeze!
Yeah, if he's INSANE. He can work in whole Europe LEGALLY, with all benefits and so on. So there is no point coming to the US to be hunted illegal alien. Plus there is high unemployment in the US right now.

Some people really can't stop their stupid prejudices which were valid 20 years ago but not anymore.
Pro Ukraine

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

mayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, if he's INSANE. He can work in whole Europe LEGALLY, with all benefits and so on. So there is no point coming to the US to be hunted illegal alien. Plus there is high unemployment in the US right now.
Some people really can't stop their stupid prejudices which were valid 20 years ago but not anymore.
I understand your support for Polish Invasion, what about Ukrainians?
Will we be let in?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

mayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do all the Mexicans come here? Why do so many Irish come here?

Mexico may have lower salaries, but they also have a much lower cost of living. They also offer benefits to their citizens.

I am also sure Ireland allows their citizens to work there, as well as provides benefits.

Yet, I know both of those groups tend to be here illegally -- Mexico in ridiculously high numbers and Irish in fairly high numbers.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/20...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-08-31...

www.imss.gob.mx/english

Quote:
$250/year for all health care, including dental, etc.:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-08-31...

++Quotes:
MEXICO CITY — It sounds almost too good to be true: a health care plan with no limits, no deductibles, free medicines, tests, X-rays, eyeglasses, even dental work — all for a flat fee of $250 or less a year.

To get it, you just have to move to Mexico.

The system has flaws, the facilities aren't cutting-edge, and the deal may not last long because the Mexican government said in a recent report that it is "notorious" for losing money.

The IMSS plan is primarily designed to support Mexican taxpayers who have been paying into the system for decades, and officials say they don't want to be overrun by bargain-hunting foreigners.

"If they started flooding down here for this, it wouldn't be sustainable," said Javier Lopez Ortiz, IMSS director in San Miguel de Allende.

Pre-existing conditions aren't covered for the first two years, and some newer medicines and implants are not free. IMSS hospitals don't have frills such as televisions or in-room phones, and they often require patients to bring family members to help with bathing and other non-medical tasks. Most doctors and nurses speak only Spanish, and Mexico's overloaded court system doesn't provide much recourse if something goes wrong.

But the medical care doesn't cost a dime after paying the annual fee, and it is usually good, retirees and health experts say. Warner said most American retirees enroll in IMSS as a form of cheap insurance against medical emergencies, while using private doctors or traveling back to the USA for less urgent care. Medicare, the U.S. insurance plan for retirees, cannot be used outside the United States.

IMSS is one of several public health systems in Mexico, each with its own network of hospitals and clinics. The program, which was founded in 1943, is funded by a combination of payroll deductions, employer contributions and government funds. It covers 50.8 million workers.

IMSS facilities are a step up from the state hospitals, but not as advanced as Mexico's private hospitals, which are often world-class, said Curtis Page, a Tempe, Ariz., doctor and co-author of a book about health care in Mexico.
++End Quote

Mexico *does* have medical coverage for those not too brain damaged to think their health is nothing to worry about and driving a little ways is too much of a hassle.
End Quote

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>
Will we be let in?
You'll have to check the visa requirements for your country. However, if you're asking if we'd be okay with an invasion of illegal aliens from the Ukraine, the answer is NO! Stay in your own country.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Our population both American,legal immigrants and illegal aliens is a ticking time bomb!

Quality of Life in the US

United States of America

Population Change (1980-2008)

Each county on this map is colored based on the increase in population
between the years of 1980 and 2008.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/maps... \&lid=9&rid=1774&t id=483228\

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

United States Population Counter

http://www.superteachertools.com/classroom-to...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Three Decades of Mass Immigration

The Legacy of the 1965 Immigration Act

http://www.cis.org/articles/1995/back395.pdf

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

1965 Immigration act, Quote: Among those who more accurately foresaw the future effects of the change in immigration law was a certain Myra C. Hacker, Vice President of the New Jersey Coalition, who testified at a Senate immigration subcommittee hearing:

"In light of our 5 percent unemployment rate, our worries over the so called population explosion, and our menacingly mounting welfare costs, are we prepared to embrace so great a horde of the world's unfortunates? At the very least, the hidden mathematics of the bill should be made clear to the public so that they may tell their Congressmen how they feel about providing jobs, schools, homes, security against want, citizen education, and a brotherly welcome ... for an indeterminately enormous number of aliens from underprivileged lands."

"We should remember that people accustomed to such marginal existence in their own land will tend to live fully here, to hoard our bounteous minimum wages and our humanitarian welfare handouts ... lower our wage and living standards, disrupt our cultural patterns ..."

"Whatever may be our benevolent intent toward many people,[the bill] fails to give due consideration to the economic needs, the cultural traditions, and the public sentiment of the citizens of the United States." (U.S. Senate, Subcommittee on Immigration and Naturalization of the Committee on the Judiciary, Washington, D.C., Feb. 10, 1965. pp. 681-687.)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hart-Celler Act hearings 1965

Quote: Senate immigration subcommittee chairman Edward Kennedy (D-MA.) reassured his colleagues and the nation with the following:

"First, our cities will not be flooded with a million immigrants annually. Under the proposed bill, the present level of immigration remains substantially the same ... Secondly, the ethnic mix of this country will not be upset ... Contrary to the charges in some quarters,[the bill] will not inundate America with immigrants from any one country or area, or the most populated and deprived nations of Africa and Asia ... In the final analysis, the ethnic pattern of immigration under the proposed measure is not expected to change as sharply as the critics seem to think."

Sen. Kennedy concluded by saying,

"The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission. It will not cause American workers to lose their jobs." (U.S. Senate, Subcommittee on Immigration and Naturalization of the Committee on the Judiciary, Washington, D.C., Feb. 10, 1965. pp. 1-3.)

Tick Tick Tick BOOM!

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

What the Local News Doesn't Show You

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Here's your chance to help out the Border Patrol, all you do is monitor the
Border from the comfort of your home,if you see any Illegal Aliens on the
Cameras just follow the instructions on the web site. Enjoy.

Virtual Stake Outs - Live Border Cameras

http://www.blueservo.net/

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Police Watch as SB1070 Illegal alien supporters desecrate US Flag during
National Anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Pro Ukraine

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

No need to have prejustes!
try me- I am good for any welcoming nation!
mayer

Laval, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>
Will we be let in?
You are not part of EU. Your country is a total mess. First solve your identity crisis, with the western half of the country having historically been associated with Poland whilst the east and south are associated with Russia. You have a loooong way to be accepted anywhere.
Pro Ukraine

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

mayer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not part of EU. Your country is a total mess. First solve your identity crisis, with the western half of the country having historically been associated with Poland whilst the east and south are associated with Russia. You have a loooong way to be accepted anywhere.
ye but, no but
but but but... nom nom!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Dee Dee Dee wrote:
This shows just how racist our country has become. It is o.k. to deny people from Poland a visa to come here for fear they will not leave because a few thousand over the years have stayed illegally, yet when a latino is caught here illegally the government will not deport them until they are convicted of a major felony even though there are millions of illegal latinos in the country.
If immigration laws were enforced people that come here on visas would not overstay thier visas no matter where they came from.
that is what gives a little merit to the north American union. when all other than a certain group of illegal aliens are deported and special treatment is given to one group there is a reason for it. there has even been folks deported when someone is willing to stand up and fully support them unlike what we are forced to support from the south.

these dirty dogs have something slimey up their sleeves and its not snot.
Pro Ukraine

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

mayer wrote:
<quoted text>
That hurt!
am I different from ApeUG or any other polak? I live in GB and not many people say, that I am different, so what I am not EU national- I like living where I like!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••