Alaskans fired up over N. Korea's missiles

Jun 6, 2009 | Posted by: Iria | Full story: www.msnbc.msn.com

Alaskans are getting fired up over the prospect that North Korea is getting ready to test a long-range missile that could reach strategic targets in their home state.
Comments
21 - 40 of 139 Comments Last updated Jun 12, 2009
Richard S

Flushing, NY

#22 Jun 7, 2009
amazed wrote:
It's time we bombed the shit out of those commie b-
Bstards!
I agree 100%- we don't need Alaska anyway.
tim

Flint, MI

#23 Jun 7, 2009
Jkjkhardcore wrote:
What the hell does N.Korea want from alaska? Even if they were to attack the usa, Alaska would probably be the last place on earth they'd invade. Snow polar bears and only 700,000 people.
OIL!

“Doot de doot”

Since: Oct 07

doot doot da...!

#24 Jun 7, 2009
tim wrote:
<quoted text>OIL!
Really, it'd be great for all concerned. If they nuke Alaska, we'll have that many less dunces. If they try to occupy it, South Korea will take North Korea over. It's a win/win situation.

“Doot de doot”

Since: Oct 07

doot doot da...!

#25 Jun 7, 2009
Maybe if we threw in some extra aid money, we could get 'em to take over Texas and Mississippi as well.

“Stress Test”

Since: Mar 09

St. Louis

#26 Jun 7, 2009
Wow! This is a job for.......Sarah Palin

“Stress Test”

Since: Mar 09

St. Louis

#27 Jun 7, 2009
Jkjkhardcore wrote:
<quoted text>So tell me how exactly would palin do comparitively to joe biden, well I guess we'll never know now will we :)
It's obvious that ignorance continues to breed. No mather what the topic is, they manage to make Obama the subject.
Chelle7822

Chicago, IL

#28 Jun 7, 2009
So...Alaskans can also see North Korea?

Since: May 08

United States

#29 Jun 7, 2009
How much Sh*t are we going to put up with from these freaks, before we get a President that has the balls to nuke those in-bred bASt@rds back to the stone age? This applies to both Bush and Obama.
Nick College Student

Monmouth, OR

#30 Jun 7, 2009
eric wrote:
<quoted text>and 20% of the countries oil,except you liberals would never accuse N.Korea of a war of oil would you?
-brainless.
jo jo

Anchorage, AK

#31 Jun 7, 2009
Jkjkhardcore wrote:
<quoted text>So tell me how exactly would palin do comparitively to joe biden, well I guess we'll never know now will we :)
BTW comrad, Why do you dislike your country and culture so much? Muslim?
Nick College Student

Monmouth, OR

#32 Jun 7, 2009
Jkjkhardcore wrote:
<quoted text>LOL over oil? yeah sure thye'd love to get oil, but I think they'd rather just blow us to smitherenes over trying to get oil in a bunch of snow...
Alaska is pathetic. They're really not half as important as they try to make themselves out to be.
-again, brainless. Although you are allegedly from the otherside of the country, maybe you could do a little research on Alaska before you open your mouth and sound like an ignorant child.

Alaska has 33K miles of coastline (talk about "Bounty of the Sea"), is home to the biggest source of domestic oil in the United States, has countless other natural resources, and (along with Hawaii, obviously) is the tip of our defense to the Pacific (Alaska is about 55 miles east of Russia actually).

In terms of lifesyle and recreation, Alaska has 3 MILLION lakes, and is home of the tallest mountain in the US (Denali). Alaksa has world-class fishing/hunting, hiking/camping, skiing/snowboarding, not to mention the thousands of peple from all over the US and the world, who migrate there each season, year-round, to contribute to commercial seafood production and distribution, which is in turn sent not only to other states here in the US, but also to other countries throughout the world as well. These are just some of the things Alaska does/has.

AND---We (the United States) "legally stole it" from Russia in 1867 (I think 1867) for less than 2 cents per f'ing ACRE!

You're welcome- let me know if you want some more.
Nick College Student

Monmouth, OR

#33 Jun 7, 2009
Richard S wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%- we don't need Alaska anyway.
-see my above post to cure yourelf of being uninformed.
Nick College Student

Monmouth, OR

#34 Jun 7, 2009
Obama Drama wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious that ignorance continues to breed. No mather what the topic is, they manage to make Obama the subject.
-I agree. That crap will pop up anywhere, through any subject. It's over people, deal with it.
jo jo

Anchorage, AK

#35 Jun 7, 2009
Nick College Student wrote:
<quoted text>
-again, brainless. Although you are allegedly from the otherside of the country, maybe you could do a little research on Alaska before you open your mouth and sound like an ignorant child.
Alaska has 33K miles of coastline (talk about "Bounty of the Sea"), is home to the biggest source of domestic oil in the United States, has countless other natural resources, and (along with Hawaii, obviously) is the tip of our defense to the Pacific (Alaska is about 55 miles east of Russia actually).
In terms of lifesyle and recreation, Alaska has 3 MILLION lakes, and is home of the tallest mountain in the US (Denali). Alaksa has world-class fishing/hunting, hiking/camping, skiing/snowboarding, not to mention the thousands of peple from all over the US and the world, who migrate there each season, year-round, to contribute to commercial seafood production and distribution, which is in turn sent not only to other states here in the US, but also to other countries throughout the world as well. These are just some of the things Alaska does/has.
AND---We (the United States) "legally stole it" from Russia in 1867 (I think 1867) for less than 2 cents per f'ing ACRE!
Yessss, When the lib vermin who are mostly brain dead foul freaks from dead cities put down Alaksa, you see the inbred confused non-logic of preverted dolts who believe that anything toxic is in the realm of proper human behavior.
jo jo

Anchorage, AK

#36 Jun 7, 2009
Chelle7822 wrote:
So...Alaskans can also see North Korea?
What we do see is a morons anti-american rants. Can I give you a free ticket to NK if you sign a waiver that you cannot come back. I hear Kill junk ill likes girls like you!!!HAHAHLOLOLO
Chelle7822

Chicago, IL

#37 Jun 7, 2009
<quoted text>
Some more please.

So many resources, so how is it explained the highest percentages (per capita) of high school drop-outs, alchohol and drug abuse, rape, welfare and poverty?
jo jo

Anchorage, AK

#38 Jun 7, 2009
Chelle7822 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some more please.
So many resources, so how is it explained the highest percentages (per capita) of high school drop-outs, alchohol and drug abuse, rape, welfare and poverty?
HAHAHAHAH 50 years of liberalism in America...silly dolt...Sex, drugs, rock and roll and RAP Music...Where have you been? Russia???? HAHAHLOLOL
Nick College Student

Monmouth, OR

#39 Jun 7, 2009
Chelle7822 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some more please.
LMAO- High-school dropouts? Substance abuse issues and rape among citizens of the state?! Welfare and poverty?! Seems to me like the issues you have mentioned pertain to moral/ethical values of the individual, and their motivation, conscience, etc... talk to individual people about those (their) issues.
Chelle7822

Chicago, IL

#40 Jun 7, 2009
<quoted text>
LMAO- High-school dropouts? Substance abuse issues and rape among citizens of the state?! Welfare and poverty?! Seems to me like the issues you have mentioned pertain to moral/ethical values of the individual, and their motivation, conscience, etc... talk to individual people about those (their) issues.
Keep laughing. Too bad you find these social ills funny, for a minute we thought you were a blooming intellectual, too bad.

Since: Mar 08

Old Westbury, NY

#41 Jun 7, 2009
tim wrote:
<quoted text>OIL!
mostly untapped oil in reserves buried under snow which the N.Koreans would have to exert increased amount of resources to obtain. And blowing alaska up would also consume a lot of resources for very little gain as they know we have reserves all over the country as well as the middle east if things get hairy. There really is no point for the N.Koreans to invade or attack preempted at alaska as it wouldn't give them the gains they would need for a superior advantage. It's unreasonable from any perspective.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Mark Begich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's immigration decision could roil 2014 el... 10 hr Le Jimbo 32
5White House suggests delay on immigration reform Aug 30 Le Jimbo 5
Alaska becomes crucial frontier for Senate Demo... Aug 25 bottlecap 1
Texas' Perry smiles for mug shot, gets ice cream Aug 21 F Elizondo Jb 3
Sullivan beats tea party in Alaska GOP Senate race Aug 21 Swedenforever 5
Sen. Harry Reid worries about South Dakota seat Aug 19 Le Jimbo 4
Alaska GOP candidates clash on immigration Aug 12 Cat74 4
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••