Coal-state Dems oppose global-warming...

Coal-state Dems oppose global-warming rules

There are 153 comments on the KIVI-TV Nampa story from Feb 22, 2010, titled Coal-state Dems oppose global-warming rules. In it, KIVI-TV Nampa reports that:

Eight Democratic senators from industrial states are challenging the Environmental Protection Agency's authority to regulate pollution blamed for global warming.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIVI-TV Nampa.

Northie

Spokane, WA

#130 Mar 13, 2010
Coal = Massive Pollution = Massive Costs = Massive Death

Clean coal is a lie.
Illegal Kenyan

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#131 Mar 13, 2010
Go hug a tree.You west coasters should shut the hell up,ignorant pieces of shit.
GEEWIZ

Ashland, KY

#132 Mar 14, 2010
Northie wrote:
Clean coal is a lie.
STOP putting people out of workCOAL=HIGHER STANDARD of LIVING+JOBS coal emissions are cleaner everyday.POOR and ELDERLY cannot afford your green energy+ECONOMY CANNOT SUPPORT this costly needless green energy.

nubbins b fairlygood

“obama supporter goes boating”

Since: Jan 08

denver

#133 Mar 14, 2010
Northie wrote:
Clean coal is a lie.
Who died?
Northie

Spokane, WA

#134 Mar 15, 2010
nubbins b fairlygood wrote:
<quoted text>Who died?
Climate cooking kills 160,000 per year now:
http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/news/2003...

In addition, coal pollution also kills 170,000 per year through health impacts:
http://sites.google.com/site/yarravalleyclima...

In the not-so-distant future, hundreds of millions of lives are threatened by coal-related climate cooking:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/...

How's it feel to be in the death biz, Denver?

Since: Jun 09

Scrotum, Idaho

#135 Mar 15, 2010
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
In the not-so-distant future, hundreds of millions of lives are threatened by coal-related climate cooking:
There's an internet link to support any and every position on everything.

Only the naive believe them all.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#136 Mar 15, 2010
Telstar wrote:
<quoted text>
There's an internet link to support any and every position on everything.
Only the naive believe them all.
Only the naive shut their ears to ALL the world's scientific review bodies, along with clear evidence that coal is already killing hundreds of thousands per year and will kill many millions per year in the future.

"Naive" is a very, very charitable term for that.

Scrotum, Idaho

#137 Mar 16, 2010
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>

Only the naive shut their ears to ALL the world's scientific review bodies, along with clear evidence that coal is already killing hundreds of thousands per year and will kill many millions per year in the future."Naive" is a very, very charitable term for that.
Anyone who has such strong feelings about carbon-based fuels should IMMEDIATELY stop using them.

Do something instead of just talking about it.

Or is just lots of talk all there really is in the world of the carbon-haters?

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#138 Mar 16, 2010
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the naive shut their ears to ALL the world's scientific review bodies, along with clear evidence that coal is already killing hundreds of thousands per year and will kill many millions per year in the future.
"Naive" is a very, very charitable term for that.
I wonder if that "clear" evidence is brought to us by the same people responsible for the "clear" evidence of Global Warming.....
Northie

Spokane, WA

#139 Mar 17, 2010
Telstar wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who has such strong feelings about carbon-based fuels should IMMEDIATELY stop using them.
Do something instead of just talking about it.
Or is just lots of talk all there really is in the world of the carbon-haters?
Not reasonable for most. Cutting out coal is job one. Oil will take longer and gas much longer still. Insulation and building retrofitting take time. Limiting sprawl to make cities more efficient will take even more time. These are all coming, and the sooner we act the less it will hurt.

I have done something about it, cutting car use and beef consumption, volunteering time, buying a well insulated home and so on. My next home and car will be even more efficient.

What have you done?
Illegal Kenyan

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#140 Mar 17, 2010
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
Not reasonable for most. Cutting out coal is job one. Oil will take longer and gas much longer still. Insulation and building retrofitting take time. Limiting sprawl to make cities more efficient will take even more time. These are all coming, and the sooner we act the less it will hurt.
I have done something about it, cutting car use and beef consumption, volunteering time, buying a well insulated home and so on. My next home and car will be even more efficient.
What have you done?
maybe we all should just hug a tree,lmao
GEEWIZ

Ashland, KY

#141 Mar 17, 2010
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
What have you done?
dream on COAL USE will be more in5-10-20 might not need much in 50 years coal hurts no one greenies do coal is getting cleaner everyday global warming joke is getting old+really funny that anyone still believes it.

Scrotum, Idaho

#142 Mar 17, 2010
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>

What have you done?

Just curious.

What does cutting beef consumption and volunteering contribute to the cause?

Scrotum, Idaho

#143 Mar 17, 2010
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>

I have done something about it, cutting car use and beef consumption, volunteering time, buying a well insulated home and so on.

My next home and car will be even more efficient.

What have you done?

(1) Like Al Gore, I have a very large house. I minimize the use of the HVAC to keep the monthly bill less than $200.

(2) I live within a mile of my employment to reduce gasoline usage.

(3) I have very large trees in my yard that reduce utility consumption.

(4) My wife recycles paper and plastic products.

(5) I reduced the frequency my yard man mows my yard from weekly to every other week.

(6) I religiously change the four HVAC filters each month to minimize electricity consumption.

(7) I've turned the temperature in the Jacuzzi down by 10 degrees.

(8) I've eliminated ordering delivery pizza to reduce the gasoline used by this service.

(9) I turn my laptop off at night to cut power usage.

(10) During summer months, I utilize a small fan on my nightstand at night and turn the air conditioning up very high.

(11) I've eliminated the wearing of business suits by executives at my company to provide a cooler environment without additional energy use.

(12) I organize and plan my purchases so as to have to go to WalMart a maximum of one time each day.

(13) I also work as a police officer and issue citations for speeders to discourage the wasteful consumption of gasoline.

(14) I pay all my bills online to reduce the delivery cost of the U.S. Postal Service.

(15) My paycheck as well as my mineral royalty checks are deposited electronically to save on the cost of paper and fuel.

(16) Within the next year, I will purchase a very economical vehicle for my teenage child to drive.

(17) My next company car will be a Cooper Mini.

(18) We always drive my wife's Cadillac Escalade very conservatively to minimize fuel use.

(19) We run the dishwasher only once a day.

(20) I've given up broccoli and English peas.

How's that?
Northie

Spokane, WA

#144 Mar 17, 2010
Telstar wrote:
<quoted text>
(1) Like Al Gore, I have a very large house. I minimize the use of the HVAC to keep the monthly bill less than $200.
(2) I live within a mile of my employment to reduce gasoline usage.
(3) I have very large trees in my yard that reduce utility consumption.
(4) My wife recycles paper and plastic products.
(5) I reduced the frequency my yard man mows my yard from weekly to every other week.
(6) I religiously change the four HVAC filters each month to minimize electricity consumption.
(7) I've turned the temperature in the Jacuzzi down by 10 degrees.
(8) I've eliminated ordering delivery pizza to reduce the gasoline used by this service.
(9) I turn my laptop off at night to cut power usage.
(10) During summer months, I utilize a small fan on my nightstand at night and turn the air conditioning up very high.
(11) I've eliminated the wearing of business suits by executives at my company to provide a cooler environment without additional energy use.
(12) I organize and plan my purchases so as to have to go to WalMart a maximum of one time each day.
(13) I also work as a police officer and issue citations for speeders to discourage the wasteful consumption of gasoline.
(14) I pay all my bills online to reduce the delivery cost of the U.S. Postal Service.
(15) My paycheck as well as my mineral royalty checks are deposited electronically to save on the cost of paper and fuel.
(16) Within the next year, I will purchase a very economical vehicle for my teenage child to drive.
(17) My next company car will be a Cooper Mini.
(18) We always drive my wife's Cadillac Escalade very conservatively to minimize fuel use.
(19) We run the dishwasher only once a day.
(20) I've given up broccoli and English peas.
How's that?
Better than many...if that's not all sarcasm. Over time, you and I will both be asked to do much more, and our kids will do more still. No McMansions and Escalades for them, I'm afraid.

nubbins b fairlygood

denver

#145 Mar 17, 2010
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
what a load of horsecrap, why don't you go get a fortress of solitude in antarctica where you'll be "safe", don't forget your wind powered heater. what an idiott.

nubbins b fairlygood

denver

#146 Mar 17, 2010
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
What have you done?
your idol Jimmy Carter started the dept. of energy during his tenure to decrease our dependence on foreign oil, how the f has that worked out? Another demo lib boondoggle with nothing to show for it.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#147 Mar 18, 2010
Who ripped the solar panels off the White House, gutted the Carter energy efficiency initiatives (CAFE standards, anyone?), and then committed the US to thirty years of military buildup behind dictatorships in the Middle East oil patch, culminating with a bloody, trillion-dollar occupation of Iraq and a global economic collapse?

The first step in getting out of a hole is to stop digging, right?

I mentioned my contributions. What the fuck are you doing, Nubbins?

nubbins b fairlygood

denver

#148 Mar 18, 2010
Northie wrote:
Who ripped the solar panels off the White House, gutted the Carter energy efficiency initiatives (CAFE standards, anyone?), and then committed the US to thirty years of military buildup behind dictatorships in the Middle East oil patch, culminating with a bloody, trillion-dollar occupation of Iraq and a global economic collapse?
The first step in getting out of a hole is to stop digging, right?
I mentioned my contributions. What the fuck are you doing, Nubbins?
Mostly ridiculing the religious zealots like you. we are broke, we need jobs, we don't have time for your solar powered roller coasters and wind powered locomotives.

Hundreds of thousands could be put to work right now building nuclear power plants and searching for our own oil. and you blather about solar panels on the white house.

nubbins b fairlygood

denver

#149 Mar 18, 2010
P.S. I'm thowing my cigarette butts out the window and accumulating a lifetime supply of incandescent light bulbs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Mark Begich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News VA official: Recruitment a challenge in Alaska (Jul '14) Sep '15 Sara Palin CallMe... 2
News Why Democrats Are So Confident (Jul '14) Dec '14 wild child 7
News Executive order on immigration would ignite a p... (Nov '14) Nov '14 spytheweb 2
News Big welcome for Serb nationalist as he goes home (Nov '14) Nov '14 servoslaves 12
News Another result of Tuesday's election: fewer 'Bl... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Foster 42
News Poll: Majority Of Americans Want Immigration Re... (Nov '14) Nov '14 wild child 13
News Senate to vote on advance funding for VA (Oct '14) Nov '14 kuda 10
More from around the web