Coal-state Dems oppose global-warming...

Coal-state Dems oppose global-warming rules

There are 153 comments on the KIVI-TV Nampa story from Feb 22, 2010, titled Coal-state Dems oppose global-warming rules. In it, KIVI-TV Nampa reports that:

Eight Democratic senators from industrial states are challenging the Environmental Protection Agency's authority to regulate pollution blamed for global warming.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIVI-TV Nampa.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
LessHypeMoreFact

Orangeville, Canada

#2 Feb 22, 2010
Let the pork barreling and slush funds begin. The U.S. Congress no longer works for the 'public good' but for special interests such as 'King Coal'.

Good news is that a public health care option may be coming for black lung disease as well as smog related illnesses. But of course, that is for states DOWNWIND.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#3 Feb 22, 2010
Stupid people will always be a detriment to this nation. Usually the stupid people are on the right, but every so often there are those on the left that fits the bill. I am so happy that we have leadership in the White House that gets it and will do everything they can to reverse climate change.

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Winter Garden, FL

#4 Feb 22, 2010
The junk science manipulated behind the scenes has been exposed and is collapsing under it's own weight and stench!

The Jackasz Party with Head Jackasz Obama is a real POS for pushing it.
Justhefacts

Newark, NJ

#5 Feb 22, 2010
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Stupid people will always be a detriment to this nation. Usually the stupid people are on the right, but every so often there are those on the left that fits the bill.
Pat its all about the Money Trial. EVEN a DEM is on that G note. Its all Good headlines and good copy but as Usual the Dem's don't give a Rats As# for their own kind. Sounds like the Brothers in the Ghettos that Kill each other but keep calling each other "Brother"

Yep, the Dem's always Wants "CHANGE" but never thinks past that. They are worse then Dennis the Mennace. Everything they touch Screws up somebody...

This "Global" is a Ponzi Scam for WORLD Control over industrialized Nations. Profits could be in the trillions for the one company that controls it.

Oh did I tell you that AL GORE was a HUGE Share owner in the Company that want tor Monitor the Emissions.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#6 Feb 22, 2010
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Stupid people will always be a detriment to this nation. Usually the stupid people are on the right, but every so often there are those on the left that fits the bill. I am so happy that we have leadership in the White House that gets it and will do everything they can to reverse climate change.
Reverse? Ha! Like this winter isn't cold enough. And you expect that kind of statement will get you support, post climate gate, post 24 years of predictions post cold cold cold?
Ask yourself, what are the chances of voters, voting tax me, tax me, tax me now?
Voters dictate public policy, not scientists.
If there were consequences for you climate changers fear mongering like neocons for 24 years, you fading doomers would not have pushed this CO2 mistake for as long as you did.
Good riddance.
I'd say get ahead of the curve but it's too late fossil.
GEEWIZ

Ashland, KY

#7 Feb 22, 2010
GLOBAL WARMER is a JOKE everyone knows it u tree huggers keep enjoying your clean energy outragest electric bills 4-5$ gallion gasoline.COAL can make gasoline for 2$ gallion.so GREENIES GIVE all your MONEY TO OPEC+u are putting PPL.out of work.enviromentals sure r silly+not to smart.
Shady Lady

Mchenry, IL

#8 Feb 22, 2010
Of course, those Senators will object. Global Warming is the greatest Hoax of the Century. There is no consensus, it is all unproven theory. We almost fell for it, but now the truth is out,.
jimmy the geek

Odessa, FL

#9 Feb 22, 2010
Americans forget that it was another liberal idiot named jimmy carter that spread the "global freezing" hoax some 30 years ago!

now presidunce odumba, the dumbocrats, and al gore are pushing this global warming HOAX!

carter LIED and caused 23+% interest rates, 3 mile long gas lines, hyperinflation, and extremely high unemployment!!!

carter lied then, odumba & HIS DEMOCRAPS ARE LYING NOW!!!
jimmy the geek

Odessa, FL

#10 Feb 22, 2010
florida just had the coldest january on record! global warming my azz!!!

now odumba & gore want us to believe that man made global warming is causing the harsh winter, the record snow falls, and the record cold! I think odumba is still snorting that coke from his college days!!!

even greenland is called greenland for a reason - because in the 1500's it was a lush warm land that supported huge agriculture!

now it is a frozen waste land! did man made global warming cause greenland to warm up back in the day!

obama & gore are liars!
Lights are ON

Barnesville, OH

#11 Feb 22, 2010
Maybe the Clowns in CONgress are starting to realize who pays their salary, and it AIN'T Odumbo...
Cranky Old Man

United States

#12 Feb 22, 2010
Promoting the case for global warming is for people with to much time on their hands. The global warmers should maybe shut up and start new crusades about important stuff nobody can do anything about and may not happen for billions of years such as stopping continental drift causing earthquakes of the like never seen before, stopping the sun from getting old and exploding or preventing a huge astroid from colliding with earth. If or when stuff like that should happen, global warming will be the least of their worries.
go go golphers

Peebles, OH

#13 Feb 23, 2010
I shure wish i could get a job at BTU
Ross

Fruitland Park, FL

#14 Feb 23, 2010
Once Republicans regain control of Congress, there are three line items in the budget where funding needs to be reduced or eliminated.

The EPA needs to be completely defunded. If bureaucrats want to work there free, then so be it. Enviornmental regulation should be left to the states.

Second: Cut the White House budget to the point that all of the Czars and two-thirds of Michelle Obama's staff will have a choice of working for free and hitting the road.

Last: Completely defund the U.N. and tell them to relocate at The Hague.

Since: Jan 07

Minersville, PA

#16 Feb 23, 2010
I have to agree with a number of the above posters. The research on global warming has been legitimately challenged. Our own local weatherman, when asked about snowfall in our area for the last fifty years, showed a graph on his segment. There was no discernible pattern; just random peaks and valleys. A temperature chart for the same period demonstrates the same inconsistency.

The coldest summer I can remember occurred after the eruption of Mount St. Helena, which was explained as the density of dust and debris that was circulating in the earth's atmosphere. A worse situation occurred in the early 1800's with the destruction of the volcanic island Krakatoa, which resulted in such cold summer temperatures that it actually snowed in July in parts of New England.

Some scientists report of a medieval warming period which allowed for migration of various groups, particularly the Vikings, and their Norman relatives. There is also evidence of a "little Ice Age" that spanned about 500 years. In the 19th century, the Thames, in London, regularly froze enough to allow foot traffic.

The whole concept of global warming is suspect. It is being taught in some schools as fact, when the research behind it is suspect. As far as we can determine, there have been periods of warming and cooling throughout history. We've had extremes of the great Ice Ages interspersed with tropical periods which were the results of various atmospheric as well as possible cataclysmic changes.

The war on King Coal is part of the Obama agenda, since he stated during the campaign that he would bankupt the coal companies in the interest of greening America. The EPA's newly endowed power to regulate CO2 is foolish, since we all may as well stop breathing, as CO2 is produced when we breathe. We might also consider the effect on plant life since plants require CO2 to photosynthesize.

Am I a scientist? No. But I paid attention in my seventh grade science and history classes.

Global warming is the 21st century's "big lie." I believe it was Goebbels who said that if it is repeated enough, people will begin to believe it.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#17 Feb 23, 2010
Funny how the "Greater Good" only applies to economies that don't depend on the energy industry. This illustrates the overriding dishonesty of liberal/progressive environmentalism.

“obama supporter goes boating”

Since: Jan 08

denver

#18 Feb 23, 2010
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Finally, some dumbocrats show a little spine and say no to the church of AGW. It's a start.

“obama supporter goes boating”

Since: Jan 08

denver

#19 Feb 23, 2010
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Let the pork barreling and slush funds begin. The U.S. Congress no longer works for the 'public good' but for special interests such as 'King Coal'.
Good news is that a public health care option may be coming for black lung disease as well as smog related illnesses. But of course, that is for states DOWNWIND.
AGW, just another hysteria invented by feely touchy libs with too much time on their hands, that will never come true.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#20 Feb 23, 2010
Dems, Repubs...it doesn't make much difference when big money is concerned. Coal companies already suck hundreds of millions from both state and Federal taxpayers in direct subsidies. Congress's leading coal money recipient (Boucher-VA) is a Dem. All that matters is the moolah for those oh-so-costly TV ad campaigns at election time.

“Long road ahead ”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#21 Feb 23, 2010
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Hey Pat , put the bong down ! The drugs have affected your grasp of reality. Hope you get better soon .
GEEWIZ

Grayson, KY

#22 Feb 23, 2010
COAL PAYS TAXS billions each year+put hundreds of thousands to work.ALL THE sub money goes to green energy which is a waste of money.COAL can put a stop to OPEC.BUT greenies R just helping opec ruin the country.green energy 15-25 years away+never pays a dime in taxs+makes electric 2-3 times higher.COAL PAYS taxs so teachers+everyone reaps the rewards. northie u r every where do not drink his kool-aid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Mark Begich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Democrats Are So Confident (Jul '14) Dec '14 wild child 7
News Executive order on immigration would ignite a p... (Nov '14) Nov '14 spytheweb 2
News Big welcome for Serb nationalist as he goes home (Nov '14) Nov '14 servoslaves 12
News Another result of Tuesday's election: fewer 'Bl... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Foster 42
News Poll: Majority Of Americans Want Immigration Re... (Nov '14) Nov '14 wild child 13
News Senate to vote on advance funding for VA (Oct '14) Nov '14 kuda 10
News Group Threatens Alaskan Public: Vote, Or We'll ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Really 1
More from around the web