Sen. Murkowski mounting write-in bid ...

Sen. Murkowski mounting write-in bid for Senate

There are 142 comments on the The Topeka Capital-Journal story from Sep 17, 2010, titled Sen. Murkowski mounting write-in bid for Senate. In it, The Topeka Capital-Journal reports that:

U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski, who lost Alaska's GOP primary last month in a stunning upset to a tea-party backed rival, announced Friday that she's mounting a write-in candidacy in a bid to hold onto her job.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Topeka Capital-Journal.

serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#24 Sep 18, 2010
PooPoo Platter wrote:
The teabaggers appear to be unhappy Senator Murkowski is exercising her right to seek reelection as an independent write in. Get a grip folks. It's not like she connived and denied Alaska voters the right to make their choice. The voters still decide who will be Senator.
If Joe Miller has the support of the entire Republican Party, he should withstand the challenge. And he has Sarah Palin to stump for him in their home state of Alaska.
The Palin endorsement carries weight in Alaska, doesn't it? Stay tuned!
Remember this when you are in the eye of the tiger and the system is in decline. Remember Napolitano is your friend right now. A fascist friend. Many are going to enjoy the vengeance if we do not get freedom back. Himmler, Hitler, and the rest so you can squawk your hate and views on false freedom. Now spread your legs at the airport, for you are a criminal. And the deaths coming are from your so called lovliness views of survival.

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Addison, TX

#25 Sep 18, 2010
PooPoo Platter wrote:
The teabaggers appear to be unhappy Senator Murkowski is exercising her right to seek reelection as an independent write in. Get a grip folks. It's not like she connived and denied Alaska voters the right to make their choice. The voters still decide who will be Senator.
If Joe Miller has the support of the entire Republican Party, he should withstand the challenge. And he has Sarah Palin to stump for him in their home state of Alaska.
The Palin endorsement carries weight in Alaska, doesn't it? Stay tuned!
Murkowski has no chance to be elected senator.

But she could throw the election to the Democrat and deny it to Miller and the Republicans.

She's the ultimate sore loserand Washington insider who has let her ego get the best of her.
Wheeew

Kansas City, MO

#26 Sep 18, 2010
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Murkowski has no chance to be elected senator.
But she could throw the election to the Democrat and deny it to Miller and the Republicans.
She's the ultimate sore loserand Washington insider who has let her ego get the best of her.
Go Foward Lisa!!! Don't let the naysayers hold you back!
MURKOWSKI IN 2010!! YEAH!!

Addison, TX

#27 Sep 18, 2010
Wheeew wrote:
<quoted text>
This is good news for the libs.

Which shows that Murkowski has only been pretending to be a Republican all these years.

No wonder so many real Repubs instinctivly didn't like her to begin with.
Wheeew

Kansas City, MO

#28 Sep 18, 2010
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is good news for the libs.
Which shows that Murkowski has only been pretending to be a Republican all these years.
No wonder so many real Repubs instinctivly didn't like her to begin with.
Good point. She's a moderate Republican. Moderates are few are far between in the Republican Party. Or should I start calling it the TEA PARTY?

Addison, TX

#29 Sep 18, 2010
Wheeew wrote:
<quoted text>

Good point. She's a moderate Republican. Moderates are few are far between in the Republican Party. Or should I start calling it the TEA PARTY?
I would not smear honest and loyal moderates by equating them with this self-serving career politician.

She just wants to keep her priviliaged position and does not care how she does it.

It's really sad that there are so many people in Washington who are addicted to power and freak out when someone has to pry their fingers lose from the desk and drag them out of their office kicking and screaming.
Shady Lady

United States

#30 Sep 18, 2010
The sore loser lady will lose big. Most Republicans will understand what she is trying to do, and she won't get that many votes. Spectre, and Crist thought they were so important they could win as a third candidate, and they won't win either.
obskeptic

Oak Park, MI

#31 Sep 18, 2010
Jack Mehoff wrote:
Decent patriotic Americans should do everything they can to stop the treasonous teabaggers! Teabaggers have absolutely no respect for individual freedom and are dominated by 'religious' whack jobs!
And what is it about the professional, elite, entrenched politician that you find so appealing that your throwing your support behind them? Let me guess, you have a masters or a phd.
Shady Lady

United States

#32 Sep 18, 2010
The Republican Party is throwing their support, financial, and otherwise behind the candidates chosen by the American people. Writ-ins, third party candidates are on their own.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#33 Sep 18, 2010
Why I vote Republican wrote:
Where oh where have sane Republicans gone why did they leave me here all alone. I searched the country over and thought I'd found true love but they brought in the Tea and wham they were gone.
Overall, 45% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's performance. Fifty-five percent (55%) disapprove.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#34 Sep 18, 2010
Wheeew wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmmmmmmmm so you don't like the way the law and constitution works, nor respect the vote of the people. There are a lot like you.........but not enough,
Kline

Kansas City, MO

#35 Sep 18, 2010
The Republican Party is throwing their support, financial, and otherwise behind anyone they think has a chance of winning.
Doesn't matter at all it they're qualified or not.
Look at poor Sarah what they did to her having her run for vice president. They made that poor girl look the fool before the whole nation. Seeing Russia.
from her house.

Addison, TX

#36 Sep 18, 2010
Kline wrote:
The Republican Party is throwing their support, financial, and otherwise behind anyone they think has a chance of winning.
Look at poor Sarah what they did to her having her run for vice president. They made that poor girl look the fool before the whole nation. Seeing Russia.
from her house.
What is the point of having a primary if the losers are going to go off on their own in the general election?

If the national party wants to have only candidates they approve of the skip the primaries and just meet in a smoke filled back room to select the candidates.

“Freedom Demands Responsibility”

Since: Aug 09

21st Century

#37 Sep 18, 2010
Kline wrote:
from her house.
Woof, Herr Kline, I thought you were going to take your meds.

* "The (Democrat) Party is throwing their support, financial, and otherwise behind anyone they think has a chance of winning. Doesn't matter at all it they're qualified or not." - Same words applied to Obama, explains the mess we're in!
* "They made that poor girl look the fool before the whole nation. Seeing Russia.
from her house".- You're thinking of Tina Fey's line from Saturday Night Live. Sarah Palin never said it. She did say Russia can be seen from Alaska, which is true. If you want a real laugh, Barrack Obama really did say that the United States has 57 states, yes Nobel Prize Winning Barrack Hussein Obama. Oh, what was that Nobel Prize for? Right, it was given for nothing, in anticipation of the great works that the Nobel Committee was sure he would do! The Committee is still waiting!
Shady Lady

United States

#38 Sep 18, 2010
Sarah is looking good next to the Democrats they are pushing for the House. They are running from Obama, and his agenda like scalded dogs. They want everyone to know they don't approve of his Kavorkian H C law, and his wars, and his spending insanity. I laugh so hard when they are on T V.
Wheeew

Kansas City, MO

#39 Sep 18, 2010
FreeDog wrote:
<quoted text>
Woof, Herr Kline, I thought you were going to take your meds.
* "The (Democrat) Party is throwing their support, financial, and otherwise behind anyone they think has a chance of winning. Doesn't matter at all it they're qualified or not." - Same words applied to Obama, explains the mess we're in!
* "They made that poor girl look the fool before the whole nation. Seeing Russia.
from her house".- You're thinking of Tina Fey's line from Saturday Night Live. Sarah Palin never said it. She did say Russia can be seen from Alaska, which is true. If you want a real laugh, Barrack Obama really did say that the United States has 57 states, yes Nobel Prize Winning Barrack Hussein Obama. Oh, what was that Nobel Prize for? Right, it was given for nothing, in anticipation of the great works that the Nobel Committee was sure he would do! The Committee is still waiting!
You know woof woof, you're right about the SNL quote. You must be a mavericky type of guy to have caught that. You dern bet ya. You've probably got a team of mavericks to help you don't you, doggone it. We need guys like you in government to help people like her. Ever taught Geography?

Addison, TX

#40 Sep 18, 2010
Shady Lady wrote:
Sarah is looking good next to the Democrats they are pushing for the House. They are running from Obama, and his agenda like scalded dogs. They want everyone to know they don't approve of his Kavorkian H C law, and his wars, and his spending insanity. I laugh so hard when they are on T V.
The pro-Obama lib news media is really playing up discord among Republicans but the real story is the shrinking Democrat Party.

So I think the Republicans will get the last laugh.
Wheeew

Kansas City, MO

#41 Sep 18, 2010
Shady Lady wrote:
I know you've got to be one of those mavericky types too. I can just tell. You probably try to hide it but I can tell by your humility.
It'll give you away every time, darn it. You'd be a good choice for Sarah's cabinet. When she gets one of those "gotcha" questions you can be right there to "shore up" her inabilities. Maybe you can get on FOX TV and Hannity will be able to push you to the forefront. I know those "hockey moms" and "Joe Sixpacks" of this nation would want you in there to help "reign in spending." You might be able to tutor some Geography as well.

“Freedom Demands Responsibility”

Since: Aug 09

21st Century

#42 Sep 18, 2010
Wheeew wrote:
<quoted text>
You know woof woof, you're right about the SNL quote. You must be a mavericky type of guy to have caught that. You dern bet ya. You've probably got a team of mavericks to help you don't you, doggone it. We need guys like you in government to help people like her. Ever taught Geography?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NrzXLYA_e6EXX
Woof, Herr Kline, "Big Diomede Island in Russia and Little Diomede Island in Alaska are less than 3 miles apart, so if you are standing on one you can see the other".

Debating you and your alias is like watching paint dry. The link you posted was a cut and paste hit job. I could link similar ones for any of your Orgasm Icons, Barry, Harry Nancy, Barney, Chucky, or Dodd. Get serious or get lost.

maddog2008

Since: Sep 08

Rochester, NY

#43 Sep 18, 2010
Ross wrote:
This woman is just one more elitist progressive who thinks she has a right to a seat in Cogress. She needs to quit acting like a spoiled child and GROW UP!!!!!
You sir are so right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Mark Begich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News VA official: Recruitment a challenge in Alaska (Jul '14) Sep '15 Sara Palin CallMe... 2
News Why Democrats Are So Confident (Jul '14) Dec '14 wild child 7
News Executive order on immigration would ignite a p... (Nov '14) Nov '14 spytheweb 2
News Big welcome for Serb nationalist as he goes home (Nov '14) Nov '14 servoslaves 12
News Another result of Tuesday's election: fewer 'Bl... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Foster 42
News Poll: Majority Of Americans Want Immigration Re... (Nov '14) Nov '14 wild child 13
News Senate to vote on advance funding for VA (Oct '14) Nov '14 kuda 10
More from around the web