Poll: Less than half upset about gun ...

Poll: Less than half upset about gun vote

There are 7 comments on the KXLY-TV Spokane story from Apr 24, 2013, titled Poll: Less than half upset about gun vote. In it, KXLY-TV Spokane reports that:

Heading into last week's gun control vote, polls showed that nearly nine in 10 Americans favored background checks not currently required by law for gun sales--a rarely seen, overwhelming amount of support for a piece of legislation in Washington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXLY-TV Spokane.

Your Ex

New York, NY

#1 Apr 24, 2013
The Senate vote? A minor victory.
The Colorado vote?
An affront to the common sense of all the residents here, derided by the County Sheriffs Assn. of CO as "unenforceable" with a lawsuit soon to follow. But gosh, we sure got some "feel good" legislation rammed through.
Bye Magpul, we'll miss your jobs.
duh

Abilene, TX

#2 Apr 24, 2013
The truth is that the United States of America is a constitutional republic. This is similar to a democracy because our representatives are selected by democratic elections, but ultimately our representatives are required to work within the framework of our constitution. In other words, even if 90% of Americans want something that goes against our founding principles, they have no right to call for a violation of constitutional rights. anyone who thinks other wise shouls leave. move to china!
Robert

Lithia Springs, GA

#3 Apr 24, 2013
So much for 92% want it if only half are upset. Goes to show you that he 92% was just a bunch of liberal BS.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#5 Apr 24, 2013
Robert wrote:
So much for 92% want it if only half are upset. Goes to show you that he 92% was just a bunch of liberal BS.
You have to use progressive math to make sense of the numbers. It's a little like progressive deficit reduction. If we plan to spend 1 trillion more next year than we are spending this year, but we actually only spend 1/2trillion more, we have, therefore, reduced spending by .5trillion.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Apr 25, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to use progressive math to make sense of the numbers. It's a little like progressive deficit reduction. If we plan to spend 1 trillion more next year than we are spending this year, but we actually only spend 1/2trillion more, we have, therefore, reduced spending by .5trillion.
Buy GOLD !
FormerParatroope r

Taylor, MI

#7 Apr 25, 2013
Whether you hate guns are not, that is your right. Whether you believe in a God or not, you have that choice. But the day someone comes to kill you, and you are unarmed, you are going to call 911, and pray that someone with a gun will save you.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Apr 25, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
Whether you hate guns are not, that is your right. Whether you believe in a God or not, you have that choice. But the day someone comes to kill you, and you are unarmed, you are going to call 911, and pray that someone with a gun will save you.
Although I have known for a very long time that you can't depend on the government, I recently witnessed an example of this firsthand.

Something happened on the way back from my veterinarian about 6 weeks ago. that I found very bizarre.

I was on I-10 West heading back from the vet in Oro Valley to back home here in Coolidge. The distance on I-10 alone is about 37 miles. About 25 miles from home, i saw thick black smoke rising in the distance about 5 miles away. Seeing it was very unusual, and I wasn't sure if it was smoke from a factory in the distance, or a brush fire, or a fire deliberately set to burn trash, or what the source or cause of the smoke was.

When I got to my exit on I-10, and headed north on State Route 87, I could see that the source of the thick smoke was almost certainly on the Route 87, and that I would almost certainly pass the fire on the way home.

As I got closer, I could begin to see flames and that it was definitely not smoke from a factory, or any other "normal" thing.

It turned out to be house, fronting the highway, completely engulfed in flames. I pulled over and called 911. A few other cars stopped also. A person who apparently was the owner was trying to save belongings, but the house was completely engulfed, and the roof had already collapsed. And there were NO police, nor fire trucks there yet.

I called 911, spoke to the dispatcher, gave them my exact location, and told them that I was directly in front of a house in flames, and that the fire department was needed immediately. The 911 operator verified the location with me and said they would send someone.

As there were a few people there besides me, as well as someone
who I assume was the owner, and the house was totally engulfed
in flames, I found it surprising that nobody was there already.

I called 911 again, and they said they were sending someone.

About 5 minutes later, the 911 dispatcher called ME and told me that nobody was coming, not police, nor the fire department, "because the house is not within the jurisdiction of any local fire department !" I said "What are you going to do then ?!" And the dispatcher said to me (NO KIDDING !). "Just let it burn itself out." (???!!!)

I stayed awhile and nobody ever came from the police department, nor the fire department. So I left and drove home, with the house still in flames and a guy who I'm guessing was the owner, trying to save his belongings.

They let this guy's house burn to the ground and NOBODY came ! They just let the house burn to the ground and made NO attempt to help this man at all. What if there were children or other people in there ?!

I'm from New York, and I've NEVER heard of, nor seen, such a thing !

And it's not like the house is in the middle of nowhere. It fronts the highway, and there are houses and commercial buildings all up and down Highway 87.

NOBODY WOULD HELP ! UNBELIEVABLE !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Mark Begich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News VA official: Recruitment a challenge in Alaska (Jul '14) Sep '15 Sara Palin CallMe... 2
News Why Democrats Are So Confident (Jul '14) Dec '14 wild child 7
News Executive order on immigration would ignite a p... (Nov '14) Nov '14 spytheweb 2
News Big welcome for Serb nationalist as he goes home (Nov '14) Nov '14 servoslaves 12
News Another result of Tuesday's election: fewer 'Bl... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Foster 42
News Poll: Majority Of Americans Want Immigration Re... (Nov '14) Nov '14 wild child 13
News Senate to vote on advance funding for VA (Oct '14) Nov '14 kuda 10
More from around the web