AP sources: Individuals would be requ...

AP sources: Individuals would be required to buy health coverage in Senate bill

There are 105 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Oct 25, 2009, titled AP sources: Individuals would be required to buy health coverage in Senate bill. In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

Businesses would not be required to provide health insurance under legislation being readied for Senate debate, but large firms would owe significant penalties if any worker needed government subsidies to buy coverage on their own, according to Democratic officials familiar with talks on the bill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Mountain Man

Loveland, CO

#2 Oct 26, 2009
Just goes to show that the elitists in Washington think they know what is best for us Americans. We don't know what is best for ourselves so even though the majority of people don't want this, they will ram it down your throat anyway. After all they know what is best for us.
cjrian

Denver, CO

#3 Oct 26, 2009
If this [email protected] was so GOOD for us, why is Congress exempt? Seems to me that if this were so wonderful, they'd use themselves as the example and enroll FIRST. Give it a few years with Congress on this boondoggle and THEN convince everybody else to enroll. Not force, convince.
raysmom

Pueblo, CO

#4 Oct 26, 2009
So do businesses get a tax incentive if they DO provide coverage? I'll bet not- and we all know that big corporations won't be the ones to pay- consumers will. This whole thing has become such a convoluted mess- just ditch it and let some bi-partisan experts in different fields that actually know what the hell they are doing get to work on real reform that controls costs and provides good care- this isn't it, and it never will be, with Congress in charge.
cjrian

Denver, CO

#5 Oct 26, 2009
Mom, the problem with bi-partisanship now, is that has devolved into "agree with Obama, or you're not being bi-partisan!"

REAL reform is the ticket. Not swill forced down the throat.
Mountain Man

Loveland, CO

#6 Nov 2, 2009
I was taught when I was a kid to work hard in school, go to college, get an education and find a good job. So that is what I did, now I am being told that I need to pay for health care for all of those who made different choices then I did.

Now we can tell our kids to not try and be sure to make less then 250K / year and let the government provide for you.

What was I thinking spending all those years in College. When I could just be sucking off the government Teet.
Hank

Longmont, CO

#7 Nov 2, 2009
Do you remember when we were the land of the free?
TrishaM

Denver, CO

#8 Nov 2, 2009
Well said Mountain Man! The government always knows what is best for the rest of us. I guess we can just stop thinking for ourselves.

“OMG! Obama Must GO”

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere else

#9 Nov 2, 2009
"Leaders from the Progressive, Black, Hispanic and Asian-Pacific American caucuses met at the White House Thursday evening with Obama, who listened to their concerns and praised their efforts."

Any white people consulted on this Obamanation? Of course not, it's all about race these days.

"House floor debate could begin late next week on the sweeping bill that extends coverage to 96 percent of Americans, imposes new requirements on individuals and employers to get insurance and provides subsidies for lower-income people."

Individuals will be REQUIRED to purchase insurance. I think there is a conflict with the Constitution on that one, unless ObamaNation plans on having it replaced with their own version by 2013.

I wonder when they're going to write a bill requiring welfare leeches to get off their dead butts and get a JOB.

Oh, I forgot, there ARE no jobs. I'm sure cap-and-trade will help our jobs problem, right?

Right?
Mountain Man

Loveland, CO

#10 Nov 5, 2009
cjrian wrote:
If this [email protected] was so GOOD for us, why is Congress exempt? Seems to me that if this were so wonderful, they'd use themselves as the example and enroll FIRST. Give it a few years with Congress on this boondoggle and THEN convince everybody else to enroll. Not force, convince.
There is a GOP member that is proposing that all congress critters have to go onto the public option if it passes. That is going to get laughed out of the house. That should tell you something people!
Mountain Man

Loveland, CO

#11 Nov 5, 2009
Did you guys see the GOP bill? 219 pages, one page synopsis online. Cost very little tax payer money.
Allows insurance to be bought over state lines
Has Tort Reform
Coverage for pre-existing conditions
it is designed to drive down the cost of health care. It does NOT create 111 government agencies. It does not FORCE Americans or Businesses to do anything. It is simply a plan to drive down the cost of health care! Sounds like where we need to start!. DO we really need to add 111 government agencies?
Fabioso

Tallahassee, FL

#12 Nov 5, 2009
Mountain Man wrote:
Just goes to show that the elitists in Washington think they know what is best for us Americans.
In your case, they are probably right.
cjrian

Denver, CO

#13 Nov 5, 2009
The one page synopsis for the GOP plan is at -
http://www.smallbill.org/

The only people "hurt" in this would be ambulance chasers and the Left, meaning it'll never move.
Mountain Man

Loveland, CO

#14 Nov 5, 2009
Fabioso wrote:
<quoted text>
In your case, they are probably right.
I'll put my IQ, and my accomplishments against you or any politician in Washington.

And even if they do know better them me, they still work for the American people. DONT EVER FORGET IT.
Easy to be an anonimous A$$
But that's OK you live in Florida,. According to Al Gore you are going to swimming in the ocean in the next 10 years, So I got that going for me.
Fabioso

Tallahassee, FL

#15 Nov 6, 2009
Mountain Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll put my IQ, and my accomplishments against you or any politician in Washington.
And even if they do know better them me, they still work for the American people. DONT EVER FORGET IT.
Easy to be an anonimous A$$
But that's OK you live in Florida,. According to Al Gore you are going to swimming in the ocean in the next 10 years, So I got that going for me.
I'd be careful about making that bet if I were you.
Your objections are entirely ideological from what I can see.
Yes, I do live in Florida. On a hill, far from the Gulf.
As for being an anonymous ass, thanks for showing me how it's done.
bronco buddy

Surprise, AZ

#16 Nov 7, 2009
fox noise sure breeds ignorance!
tristan

Denver, CO

#17 Nov 7, 2009
This will be the end of the GOP. Good for the democrats.
THE SONGSTER

Riverside, CA

#18 Nov 7, 2009
tristan wrote:
This will be the end of the GOP. Good for the democrats.
No way. Dems will lose their seats next year. It's hilarious. We wanted it to happen. In this way, there will be more repubs next year. Just in time to make Obama miserable.

(To the tune of "Yankee Doodle Went to Town")

Barack Obama went to town
He and all his asses
Thought his bill was pretty sound
And then he raised our taxes

Barack Obama wants your cash
Barack Obama taxes
2010 is coming up and
He will not be laughing.

Nancy P. looks pretty smug
But next year she'll be weeping
Lots of dems will be upset
Cuz they will lose their seating!

Barack Obama taxes
2010 is coming up and
He will not be laughing.
Joe in Aurora

Denver, CO

#19 Nov 7, 2009
The bill passes by 5 votes and Pelosi is "triumphant"?

If this passes the senante and is signed into law, our country will be bankrupt within a year. At some point in time someone is going to have to recognize that American can't continue to try and provide everything to everyone and hand the costs off to the rich.
MissCoolness

Aurora, CO

#20 Nov 8, 2009
THE SONGSTER wrote:
<quoted text>
No way. Dems will lose their seats next year. It's hilarious. We wanted it to happen. In this way, there will be more repubs next year. Just in time to make Obama miserable.
(To the tune of "Yankee Doodle Went to Town")
Barack Obama went to town
He and all his asses
Thought his bill was pretty sound
And then he raised our taxes
Barack Obama taxes
2010 is coming up and
He will not be laughing.
Nancy P. looks pretty smug
But next year she'll be weeping
Lots of dems will be upset
Cuz they will lose their seating!
Barack Obama taxes
2010 is coming up and
He will not be laughing.
That was great!!!! I find it funny but so truthful. Your name suits you well. I say good-bye to Obama ASAP!!!!!!!.
icewolf

Denver, CO

#21 Nov 8, 2009
Joe in Aurora wrote:
The bill passes by 5 votes and Pelosi is "triumphant"?
If this passes the senante and is signed into law, our country will be bankrupt within a year. At some point in time someone is going to have to recognize that American can't continue to try and provide everything to everyone and hand the costs off to the rich.
It's funny to see all the cheering going on when they are putting the last nails on their own coffins in their "careers" in government.

What a bunch of brainless idiots. They know the majority of constituents don't want this. They can kiss their political butts goodbye.

It would be easier if they just go out and blow their brains out. We already know that they don't want to be in the same health care program since it's so crappy.

I just have never seen so many cheer their own demise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maria Cantwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Water, historic sites are subjects of Washingto... Jul 16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Sen. Schumer helps fight city's homeless problem Apr '16 Chucks False Charity 1
News Senate passes energy bill with overwhelming bip... Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Hillary campaigns in Everett: Presidential cand... Mar '16 NAFTAclinton 1
News Forest Service likely to get more money to figh... (Dec '15) Jan '16 billiesamolesrer 3
News Congress Lifted the Crude Oil Export Ban, Which... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News What Washington state's wildfires tell us about... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 6
More from around the web