Study Links Oil Prices To Investor Speculation

There are 4 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Aug 31, 2008, titled Study Links Oil Prices To Investor Speculation. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Speculation by large investors - and not supply and demand for oil - was a primary reason for the surge in oil prices during the first half of the year and the more recent price declines, an independent study ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

the iceman

Springfield, MA

#1 Sep 11, 2008
why are these scum bags allowed to do this??????????
they have destroyed our country...
Liberals are greedy scum

New Britain, CT

#2 Sep 11, 2008
I wish I got paid to write "studies' like this baltantly obvious stuff. They must go fishing all day, and send in this crap 2 minutes before deadline. I mean, like, DUH!
Pete

Beacon Falls, CT

#3 Sep 11, 2008
Corrupt bush administration! Corrupt republicans! Always covering and aiding the ultra rich at the expense of everyone else! Whoever supports this political party is either an idiot or Ahole!
Yea Right

Old Lyme, CT

#4 Sep 11, 2008
the iceman wrote:
why are these scum bags allowed to do this??????????
they have destroyed our country...
What came first the chicken or the egg?. Futures traders bet big that the increased demand for oil by China and India would not be met at the current price. They believed this because the Democrat Conress led by Reid and Pelosi refused to allow us to explore for oil here at home.
Every futures contract has a buyer and a seller, each with a different opinion of where prices are headed.
You cannot repeal the law of supply and demand.
Even Barry now realises that we must Drill Here, Drill Now in order to pay less and keep the money in America.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maria Cantwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-child prostitution measure could see court... Apr 26 Sterkfontein Swar... 2
News Amanda Knox found guilty of murder - again (Jan '14) Apr 22 barefoot2626 88
News Senators tell Obama ita s urgent to nominate a ... Jan '15 Le Jimbo 16
News Good as Gold Backers of Alaska mine win court b... Nov '14 radiofreeamerica 1
News Del. Norton Introduces Bill to Strip NFL of Tax... Nov '14 RayOne 1
News Postal customers, workers protest proposed changes (Oct '14) Oct '14 NO ADS 1
News Senate Bill Would Strip NFL of Tax-Exempt Statu... (Sep '14) Sep '14 DC Cop 1
More from around the web