Most Florida Voters Support 'Stand Yo...

Most Florida Voters Support 'Stand Your Ground' Law: Poll

There are 3 comments on the NBC Miami story from May 24, 2012, titled Most Florida Voters Support 'Stand Your Ground' Law: Poll. In it, NBC Miami reports that:

APRIL 09: Grace Miranda and other supporters of Trayvon Martin gather for a rally in front of Florida Senator Marco Rubio's office to ask him to retract his support for Florida's so called 'Stand Your Ground' gun law following the Trayvon Martin killing on April 9, 2012 in Miami, Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Miami.

Vivek Golikeri

Hollywood, FL

#1 Aug 4, 2012
Good! I support Stand Your Ground too. In Zimmerman's case he may have gone too far, but if he pursued Trayvon, then Stand Your Ground no longer applies. So many vicious hate crimes are done by black thugs against innocent whites. In Hawaii Polynesian roughnecks sometimes threaten or harass "haoles" as whites are called. They even have a tradition called "Kill Haole Friday" or something. Where is the outrage about all of that, hmm?
The wheel has come full circle, and today hypocrisy and injustice are being inflicted against whites instead of by them. Past wrongs are being used to rationalize persecuting an innocent generation for being related to the enemy. In principle, this is exactly what was done to Japanese-Americans in the internment episode.
christian peper

Grand Island, NE

#2 Apr 16, 2013
Many middle-aged white men are using these “stand your ground” laws to get away with murder. They start fights with younger (often minority) males and then shoot the guy and walk free by claiming self defense. Many besides Trayvon have been killed this way.
Perhaps they should call these laws what they really are: A license to hunt minorities.
chris peper

Grand Island, NE

#3 Apr 16, 2013
Please do not misunderstand me, I am against gun control BUT these “Stand your ground” laws are used to commit murder. Keep buying guns!!!!!! But do not commit murder then claim self defense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Marco Rubio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Clinton headed for a landslide win? Here's o... 14 hr Captain Yesterday 176
News Some of the Proposals for Tackling Student Debt (Mar '14) Tue southern at heart 10
News George Soros, Other Democratic Megadonors Plowi... Aug 21 Heath Ledger Suic... 2
News In Zika crisis, finger pointing but scarce funds Aug 19 so you know 2
News Mitt Romney ripped Donald Trump's 'hurtful' com... (Oct '15) Aug 17 Megyns Menstruation 32
News Rubio stands by calling Trump a 'con artist' Aug 16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Rubio to pastors: Love LGBTs and accept them in... Aug 15 Maggie Gallaghers... 31
More from around the web