Judge: Alaska Court Must Decide Senate Dispute

Nov 20, 2010 Full story: KHOG-TV Fort Smith 18

A federal judge has granted a temporary injunction halting the certification of Alaska's hotly contested Senate election - an order that requires Republican candidate Joe Miller file a formal challenge of the vote count in state court.

Full Story
Seeking truth

Dearborn, MI

#1 Nov 20, 2010
Can't Republicans learn to get along?

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Tavares, FL

#2 Nov 20, 2010
Yes. Let the courts decide the crazy counts so they can move along.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Nov 20, 2010
the Messiah wrote:
Yes. Let the courts decide the crazy counts so they can move along.
So now the teabaggers are trying to get an activist judge to overturn the will of the people in Alaska. CLASSIC!

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Tavares, FL

#4 Nov 20, 2010
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So now the teabaggers are trying to get an activist judge to overturn the will of the people in Alaska. CLASSIC!
You always jump out to such wild conclusions? When there's a dispute, the courts decide.

Since: Oct 08

.

#5 Nov 20, 2010
the b itch lost but could accept the fact the people have spoken...just another poor loser.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#6 Nov 20, 2010
the Messiah wrote:
<quoted text>You always jump out to such wild conclusions? When there's a dispute, the courts decide.
Just like in California with Prop8 & DADT, and Massachusetts with DOMA, and Iowa & Connecticut with marriage equality, and Minnesota Senate race in '08. There's a dispute over the constitutionality, so the courts decide.

See, when judges rule AGAINST the conservative, they're called "activist judges", but when they rule FOR the conservatives, they're "upholding the constitution".

Bottom line- more people in Alaska voted for Murkowski than for Miller, and now he's trying to find an "activist judge" to overturn the "will of the people".

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!
Mothra

Vancouver, WA

#7 Nov 20, 2010
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like in California with Prop8 & DADT, and Massachusetts with DOMA, and Iowa & Connecticut with marriage equality, and Minnesota Senate race in '08. There's a dispute over the constitutionality, so the courts decide.
See, when judges rule AGAINST the conservative, they're called "activist judges", but when they rule FOR the conservatives, they're "upholding the constitution".
Bottom line- more people in Alaska voted for Murkowski than for Miller, and now he's trying to find an "activist judge" to overturn the "will of the people".
HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!
When Obama ran for state Senate in Illinois, he had many of his opponents petition signatures disqualified because they printed their signature instead of writing it in cursive.

A technicality, yes.

Obama's comment, "To my mind, we were just abiding by the rules that had been set up."

Imagine how things could be different today if Obama had abided by "the will of the people."

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#8 Nov 20, 2010
This is almost funny. The T-bagger fools who can't spell Obama want to make sure Murkowski voters spelled it right.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#9 Nov 20, 2010
This teabagger Joe Miller has turned out to be a sore loser! LOL!!!

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Tavares, FL

#10 Nov 20, 2010
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like in California with Prop8 & DADT, and Massachusetts with DOMA, and Iowa & Connecticut with marriage equality, and Minnesota Senate race in '08. There's a dispute over the constitutionality, so the courts decide.
See, when judges rule AGAINST the conservative, they're called "activist judges", but when they rule FOR the conservatives, they're "upholding the constitution".
Bottom line- more people in Alaska voted for Murkowski than for Miller, and now he's trying to find an "activist judge" to overturn the "will of the people".
HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!
What a moron. Activist judges are those making up their own rules instead of following the constitution and precedent.

Who cares what the outcome is here. It's still a Republican and not a Jackasscrat.

HILARIOUS!!!!!! Ha Ha Ha!

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Tavares, FL

#11 Nov 20, 2010
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
When Obama ran for state Senate in Illinois, he had many of his opponents petition signatures disqualified because they printed their signature instead of writing it in cursive.
A technicality, yes.
Obama's comment, "To my mind, we were just abiding by the rules that had been set up."
Imagine how things could be different today if Obama had abided by "the will of the people."
Brilliant! Rahm Emanuel is facing this problem now in Chicago.

He's NOT a Resident! Ha Ha Ha!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#12 Nov 20, 2010
the Messiah wrote:
<quoted text>What a moron. Activist judges are those making up their own rules instead of following the constitution and precedent.
Who cares what the outcome is here. It's still a Republican and not a Jackasscrat.
HILARIOUS!!!!!! Ha Ha Ha!
Like I said, when you disagree with the ruling, it's an "activist judge". Typical hypocrisy from the teabagging conservative GOPasaurs.

And technically Murkowski (the one who got the most votes) will be an Independent. I wonder who she'll caucus with? I do know she's already said she'll vote with the Dems to repeal DADT, just to stick it to Miller and his fellow teabaggers.

I'm liking Murkowski more every day.
Typical liberal

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Nov 20, 2010
PooPoo Platter wrote:
This teabagger Joe Miller has turned out to be a sore loser! LOL!!!
just like the bitch or should it be c*** moocowski
PooPoo Platter

Bensenville, IL

#14 Nov 20, 2010
Typical liberal wrote:
<quoted text>just like the bitch or should it be c*** moocowski
Senator Murkowski?

She was reelected by the voters in Alaska. She has a good job for the next six years. She's happy as a lark! LOL!!!
maverick

Holiday, FL

#15 Nov 21, 2010
According to "FIRST READ" from NBC news dated Nov.3,2010( firstread.msnbc.msn.com )of ten Senate candidates that ran endorsed by a Tea party organization in their states 5 won-Toomey(PA),Paul(KY),Rubio( FL),Johnson(WI),Lee(UT)-the losers were:O*Donnell(DE),Angle(NV),R aese(WV),and Buck(CO)...and of 122 that ran for the House only 40 won...of course AK is yet to be decided...my personal preference is as long as a liberal democrat loses I*m happy-and that will be the case in AK...the story regarding the federal judge kicking this back into the AK courts states that Miller is behind by 10,000 votes plus and in a state that has cast only 192,000 votes that is a deficit of a little more than 5%...I dont see Miller overcoming that many votes in this state and I*m content to have a republican Murkowski caucusing with the other republicans in the next Congress...
serfs up

Orlando, FL

#16 Nov 21, 2010
PooPoo Platter wrote:
This teabagger Joe Miller has turned out to be a sore loser! LOL!!!
Remember your words when the so called tea baggers do the same thing at some point. They will learn the ways of the entrenched fungus known as progressives,RINO'S and NEO CONS that have helped to bring America to the brink of collapse.
Steve Tellers

Ridgecrest, CA

#17 Nov 21, 2010
Miller must have a awful lot of baggage if a mediocrity like murkowski could beat him with a write-in campaign.
Billy Ringo

Perkiomenville, PA

#18 Nov 22, 2010
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
When Obama ran for state Senate in Illinois, he had many of his opponents petition signatures disqualified because they printed their signature instead of writing it in cursive.
A technicality, yes.
Obama's comment, "To my mind, we were just abiding by the rules that had been set up."
Imagine how things could be different today if Obama had abided by "the will of the people."
petition signatures are NOT the same as a ballot. Apples and oranges.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lisa Murkowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... Oct 5 woodtick57 373
Sen. Murkowski: Alaskans deserve a fix for Obam... Oct 2 bottlecap 1
Alaska becomes crucial frontier for Senate Demo... Aug '14 bottlecap 1
Eric Cantor Loses Primary in Massive Upset Aug '14 swedenforever 230
Sullivan beats tea party in Alaska GOP Senate race Aug '14 Swedenforever 5
Alaska GOP candidates clash on immigration Aug '14 Cat74 4
VA official: Recruitment a challenge in Alaska Jul '14 Viet Nam Vet 1

Lisa Murkowski People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE