Alaska Senate vote counting winds down

Nov 17, 2010 Full story: WALA - Mobile, Pensacola 10

An optimistic Sen. Lisa Murkowski headed back to her home state Wednesday after widening her lead over bitter rival Joe Miller to more than 10,400 votes.

Full Story

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

#1 Nov 17, 2010
Good.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

#2 Nov 17, 2010
Coburn to force full Senate to vote on earmark ban

By: Tina Korbe
Special to The Examiner
11/16/10

Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) isn’t satisfied with purely partisan support of an earmark moratorium.

With GOP senators affirming their support for a two-year timeout from earmarks, Coburn says he intends to compel the entire U.S. Senate to vote publicly on the issue as well.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) announced his support for the earmark ban yesterday, bringing even moderates like Sens. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) and Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) along with him.

With momentum on his side, Coburn wants to put everyone on the record.

“We’re going to push it even harder,” Coburn said Monday on a conference call.“If they bring up a food safety bill, we’re going to have a vote by every member of the Senate on whether or not we ought to have earmarks.”

The Senate is scheduled to vote Wednesday on a motion to proceed to food safety legislation.

“I’m not supporting the food safety bill,” Coburn said,“but they’re going to have the votes to make it move, so we’re going to offer a suspension of the rules and we’re going to vote on earmarks.”

Coburn, who has long opposed pork barrel politics, said no legitimate objections to a moratorium exist.

“The greatest criticism I have for those who want to earmark is that they’re basically lazy,” he said.“If they say the only way they can make sure funds go in the right direction is by earmarking them, then they really do not want to do the hard work of oversighting a $4 trillion budget -- and that’s why we’re in the trouble we’re in today.”

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blo...
OMG

United States

#3 Nov 17, 2010
Good Job Murkowski! Thank you for showing that a true conservative can beat out the phony conservative TEA partying GOP!
WOODCHUCK

North Port, FL

#4 Nov 17, 2010
Beginning of a wonderful Bear Fight!....a Clash of Momma GRIZZLIES!!
Lance Winslow

Diablo, CA

#5 Nov 17, 2010
Ant the winner is...Mercewscy.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Nov 18, 2010
When Murkowsky takes a temper tantrum, daady will get her ANYTHING.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7 Nov 18, 2010
I think she's a progressive in diguise.
Billy Ringo

Forest Hills, NY

#8 Nov 18, 2010
C'mon, Joe Teabagger - don't give up. Demand a recount. Bring in The Wasilla Quitta and Wackadoo Bachmann to oversee a recount. File a lawsuit.

It's the fault of ACORN and the msm !!!!!
serfs up

Orlando, FL

#9 Nov 19, 2010
Billy Ringo wrote:
C'mon, Joe Teabagger - don't give up. Demand a recount. Bring in The Wasilla Quitta and Wackadoo Bachmann to oversee a recount. File a lawsuit.
It's the fault of ACORN and the msm !!!!!
Billy, rmember this when the reverse happens. It will as the economy continues to decline. Don't cry then. Remember, there are layers and layers of crap instituted over the years by our rulers to stop our march to freedom if we try to fight for it. Believe me, the tea party is nothing compared to what is needed by these evil people that you do not think are. As the revenue drops and the demands for services and payouts remain and even grow you will realize it. But it will probably be to late and America will be mean and nasty as voters tire of the game and elect the worse that there can be.
Billy Ringo

Forest Hills, NY

#10 Nov 19, 2010
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Billy, rmember this when the reverse happens. It will as the economy continues to decline. Don't cry then. Remember, there are layers and layers of crap instituted over the years by our rulers to stop our march to freedom if we try to fight for it. Believe me, the tea party is nothing compared to what is needed by these evil people that you do not think are. As the revenue drops and the demands for services and payouts remain and even grow you will realize it. But it will probably be to late and America will be mean and nasty as voters tire of the game and elect the worse that there can be.
This thread is about the Alaska Senate vote -

... try to keep up......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lisa Murkowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama withdraws Alaska's Bristol Bay from drilling 17 hr woodtick57 5
Sealaska lands legislation could move with defe... Dec 18 Jaimie 2
GOP in charge, Senate committees get new leaders Nov '14 Le Duped 1
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... Oct '14 woodtick57 373
Sen. Murkowski: Alaskans deserve a fix for Obam... Oct '14 bottlecap 1
Alaska becomes crucial frontier for Senate Demo... Aug '14 bottlecap 1
Eric Cantor Loses Primary in Massive Upset (Jun '14) Aug '14 swedenforever 227
More from around the web