Prosecutor mulling charges in editor, Miller flap

Oct 19, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WBAY

A security guard said he placed a reporter under citizen's arrest at a campaign event for Alaska Republican Senate candidate Joe Miller after the journalist refused orders to leave and pushed someone into a locker.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Government sucks

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Adolf would be proud, a hypocrite teabagger doesn't like a question, arrest the questioner. Refuses to answer any question he deems "personal".

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Casselberry, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

2

The required Security Guards at the event apparently did there job when a violent left winger tried to get physical.
Left wing violence is increasing as they see power and control slipping through their dirty, greazy little fingers.

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Casselberry, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

1

Government sucks wrote:
Adolf would be proud, a hypocrite teabagger doesn't like a question, arrest the questioner. Refuses to answer any question he deems "personal".
He answered the question until the leftwing "Blogger" started getting pushy and into his personal space. After that he answered others, finished and left the building.

He didn't direct anyone to arrest anyone so stop Lying. Event Security, required by the building owner when renting space, was being assaulted by the violent left wing blogger and had to restrain the deranged person.

“hellshade”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"Alaska Dispatch editor Tony Hopfinger rushed up to and "kind of brushed up against" Miller, and refused repeated requests to leave after being told it was a private event, said Bill Fulton, the Dropzone Security agent involved in Sunday's scuffle at an Anchorage school.

Hopfinger told Anchorage television station KTUU that security pushed him as he tried to question Miller and he pushed back, a statement confirmed by Dispatch publisher Alice Rogoff, who witnessed the confrontation. Anchorage police said they weren't able to find anyone who claimed to have been pushed into a locker but would review witness statements regarding that.

Miller accused Hopfinger of using the town hall for a "publicity stunt." Miller also has claimed the online news site has focused its attention on negative stories about him."

the above is from the article. if the building in question is a town hall that is in fact a public building then you cannot be having a private event there.public buildings are open to the public.

and more bullshit from miller:
"Miller has had to respond to a number of disclosures that he or his family had received the types of government benefits - farm subsidies, Medicaid, unemployment - that he now rails against or has questioned as constitutionality of.

In acknowledging this, saying that for a time he struggled like many others have, he said he no longer gets benefits and that it has no relevance to the current race. Miller also said his campaign would continue to be as transparent and honest as possible."

so miller is against welfare and subsidaries yet he or his family accepted them in the past.
what a load of crap joe.what this shows is that you are using this bullshit of being against welfare to try and garner support from republicans and tea baggers yet it's ok for you when it;s you or your family on the receiving end. no wonder you don't want to answer anymore questions from reporters about it because it shows you to be the lieing pos hypocrite you really are.
typical politician lie lie lie to get what you ant....

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

1

Government sucks wrote:
Adolf would be proud, a hypocrite teabagger doesn't like a question, arrest the questioner. Refuses to answer any question he deems "personal".
yes. adolph WOULD be proud...of you.
you don't have to know what actually happened...
you buy the left wing propoganda, hook, line and sinker!
Stupidity Is No Option

Oscoda, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Great show from Ed Shultz last night. What's our Gov't coming to now? A candidate wants to run for office but doesn't want to have to answer any questions? If he/she gets questions they don't like or don't want to answer, they handcuff and haul people away? They treat the public like a threat or a terrorist? They come to town hall meetings with their "political mafias" and strongarm everyone? This is change from the Tea Party or the GOP that anyone can believe in?????? This is our freedom and democracy being towed away right from under our noses? What ever happened to FREEDOM OF THE PRESS??????? FREEDOM OF SPEECH? And people are worried about Obama??????
Stupidity Is No Option

Oscoda, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Curtis Lowe wrote:
<quoted text>
Teabaggers are Capitalists like me. Hitler was a Socialist like you and Mehrkoski.
Curtis, I've been waiting a long time for you to grow some brain cells. Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer. More than half the dumb Republicans don't even know what a socialist is.

“hellshade”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes. adolph WOULD be proud...of you.
you don't have to know what actually happened...
you buy the left wing propoganda, hook, line and sinker!
and which propaganda are you buying?

you don't have to know what actually happened...?

what kind of bullshit statement is that? a man running for office does not want to answer reporters questions and has one detained by his own gestapo security in a public building and we don't need to know what happened?

are you serious?

“Captain Yesterday is Past. ”

Since: Oct 10

G'bye, everybody!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Joe Miller and his TeaPublican thugs need to stop harassing the press and others who attend his meetings. This is the sort of thing the Bush Campaign used to do, harass people and throw them out if they had a t-shirt or bumpersticker that expressed anti-Bush or anti-Republican views.

If candidates don't behave in a public and democratic way on campaign, how can you trust them to operate that way while in office? I ask you.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Stupidity Is No Option wrote:
Great show from Ed Shultz last night. What's our Gov't coming to now? A candidate wants to run for office but doesn't want to have to answer any questions? If he/she gets questions they don't like or don't want to answer, they handcuff and haul people away? They treat the public like a threat or a terrorist? They come to town hall meetings with their "political mafias" and strongarm everyone? This is change from the Tea Party or the GOP that anyone can believe in?????? This is our freedom and democracy being towed away right from under our noses? What ever happened to FREEDOM OF THE PRESS??????? FREEDOM OF SPEECH? And people are worried about Obama??????
That's Funny. Obama REFUSES to be Interviewed all the time unless the audience is "Hand Picked". It's another reason why no one trusts that piece of sh*t.

Miller took the questions until the loon started getting belligerent then moved to other questioners. Your lies don't fly.

“Captain Yesterday is Past. ”

Since: Oct 10

G'bye, everybody!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Curtis Lowe wrote:
<quoted text>
Teabaggers are Capitalists like me. Hitler was a Socialist like you and Mehrkoski.
Hitler was not a socialist, that word was merely put into the name of the Nazi party at the request of others in the party who felt that the popularity of socialism at the time the party was founded would make for good publicity. You should read up on that rather than just accept Rightie talking points.

And the current Senator and write-in candidate is named "Murkowski," incidentally...

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

centereach ny wrote:
<quoted text>
and which propaganda are you buying?
you don't have to know what actually happened...?
what kind of bullshit statement is that? a man running for office does not want to answer reporters questions and has one detained by his own gestapo security in a public building and we don't need to know what happened?
are you serious?
Miller was interviewed about this last night. He answered the 1st question by the belligerent loon then turned away after he started getting physically aggressive. Miller answered other peoples questions then left the building.

If you had a clue, you'd know that the security agency was NOT his personal staff but just a local hire to cover the speaking engagement. The security personnel had a problem with the Belligerent loon and had to subdue him. It happens to loons all the time.
Stupidity Is No Option

Oscoda, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Captain Yesterday wrote:
Joe Miller and his TeaPublican thugs need to stop harassing the press and others who attend his meetings. This is the sort of thing the Bush Campaign used to do, harass people and throw them out if they had a t-shirt or bumpersticker that expressed anti-Bush or anti-Republican views.
If candidates don't behave in a public and democratic way on campaign, how can you trust them to operate that way while in office? I ask you.
Captain Yesterday is SO wise. Bravo.

“Captain Yesterday is Past. ”

Since: Oct 10

G'bye, everybody!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

the Messiah wrote:
The required Security Guards at the event apparently did there job when a violent left winger tried to get physical.
Left wing violence is increasing as they see power and control slipping through their dirty, greazy little fingers.
Clearly you either didn't read the article, or are too dishonest to discuss it intelligently.

There was no "left-wing violence" at the media, nor any mentioned in the article.

Please stop lying,'kay?

“Captain Yesterday is Past. ”

Since: Oct 10

G'bye, everybody!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sorry...should have said "at the MEETING." My apologies for the error.

“Captain Yesterday is Past. ”

Since: Oct 10

G'bye, everybody!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Miller was interviewed about this last night. He answered the 1st question by the belligerent loon then turned away after he started getting physically aggressive. Miller answered other peoples questions then left the building.
If you had a clue, you'd know that the security agency was NOT his personal staff but just a local hire to cover the speaking engagement. The security personnel had a problem with the Belligerent loon and had to subdue him. It happens to loons all the time.
Why would we believe anything Miller says? It's naturally in his interest to lie about the media, especially given his enmity to them and this media outlet in particular.

It would be more accurate, given this attitude, to refer to MILLER as "the belligerent loon."

FYI
Stupidity Is No Option

Oscoda, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I wonder if the oil companies provided the "Thug Army" for Joe Miller!
Stupidity Is No Option

Oscoda, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oh, poor Joe Miller, he had to answer a few questions from the very people he wants votes from! What a theory! LOL!

“hellshade”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Funny. Obama REFUSES to be Interviewed all the time unless the audience is "Hand Picked". It's another reason why no one trusts that piece of sh*t.
Miller took the questions until the loon started getting belligerent then moved to other questioners. Your lies don't fly.
george bush did that all the time, were you against him doing it as well? bush also had people protesting against kept away from where he was speaking. i don't think any president should be doing things like that whether it's bush,obama or anyone else.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Oct 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would we believe anything Miller says? It's naturally in his interest to lie about the media, especially given his enmity to them and this media outlet in particular.
It would be more accurate, given this attitude, to refer to MILLER as "the belligerent loon."
FYI
I'm much more inclined to believe Miller who actually gave an interview afterward vs the Left Wing "Blogger" that had to be put in his place by a security agency.

There was no need for him to become pushy and it's obvious you loons are desperate for anything and are willing to make a complete arse out of yourself if you think it will stir up left wing voters out of their summers of Discontent.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••