Poll suggests tie between Miller, Mur...

Poll suggests tie between Miller, Murkowski

There are 14 comments on the KLAS-TV Las Vegas story from Oct 21, 2010, titled Poll suggests tie between Miller, Murkowski. In it, KLAS-TV Las Vegas reports that:

New polling suggests a virtual dead heat in Alaska's Senate race between Republicans Joe Miller and Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KLAS-TV Las Vegas.

“I'm not nuts. Just different”

Since: Mar 08

Cheswold, Delaware.

#1 Oct 21, 2010
A CNN poll huh?
What a surprise.
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#2 Oct 21, 2010
They spelled Mehrkowski wrong.

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Apopka, FL

#4 Oct 21, 2010
But the CNN-TIME poll also finds 10 percent of likely voters asked said the write-in process required to vote for Murkowski proved too difficult.

The poll found Miller and Murkowski each with 37 percent of the likely vote; Democrat Scott McAdams had 23 percent.
serfs up

Orlando, FL

#8 Oct 21, 2010
Lets put it this way. Come January, if the smell of manure does not change, people like me will never vote Republican again. It is a shame that some of the tea party candidates pasts have helped to hurt them in this evil environment. Years ago, I would have put the pictures of candidates with families and grand parenting the reason to vote for them. then the smell of an outhouse shows up when they take power. This morning I saw a candidate Harold Johnson a Repub running for congress giving the old GOP smile and a wink. He beat a tea party guy Tim D'Annunzio who has some flaws in his past. I read this race some months ago and it intrigued me. I knew him as a kid. Always pragmatic. Always having an answer to a issue. The repub bosses backed Johnson. This man better not be a traitor if elected. We will start to come January. Lets see some family photos. No more of them. No more.
KNOWvember

Jellico, TN

#9 Oct 21, 2010
Tired of family dynasties in politics

No more Kennedys
No more Bushes
No more Browns
No more Reids
No more Bidens
No more Daleys
No more Cuomos
No more Landrieus
No more, no more
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

#10 Oct 21, 2010
Miller would rather place a reporter in handcuffs than answer questions. There seems to be a trend with these teapublicants who have no wish to be responsible candidates but would rather hide behind handcuffs:

Joe Miller, the Alaska Republican nominee for U.S. Senate, is getting more attention Monday but definitely not the kind a candidate usually seeks just weeks before the election.

According to news reports, Miller's private security guards on Sunday handcuffed and detained the founder and editor of an Alaska news web site in a public middle-school hallway.

The school was the site of a town-hall meeting. After the meeting, as Tom Hopfinger of the Alaska Dispatch attempted to question Miller, the security guards moved in and, according to Hopfinger, told him he was trespassing.

When Hopfinger asked them to explain themselves, they handcuffed him until, as Hopfinger puts it, he was freed 30 minutes later by the Anchorage police

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2010/...

If these are the kind of representatives Alaska (and our country wants) then that is what we deserve.

I wish Alaska good luck - they will need it once again.

Since: Oct 10

Douglasville, GA

#11 Oct 21, 2010
KNOWvember wrote:
Tired of family dynasties in politics
No more Kennedys
No more Bushes
No more Browns
No more Reids
No more Bidens
No more Daleys
No more Cuomos
No more Landrieus
No more, no more
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

Cheswold, Delaware.

#12 Oct 21, 2010
Responsibility wrote:
Miller would rather place a reporter in handcuffs than answer questions. There seems to be a trend with these teapublicants who have no wish to be responsible candidates but would rather hide behind handcuffs:
Joe Miller, the Alaska Republican nominee for U.S. Senate, is getting more attention Monday but definitely not the kind a candidate usually seeks just weeks before the election.
According to news reports, Miller's private security guards on Sunday handcuffed and detained the founder and editor of an Alaska news web site in a public middle-school hallway.
The school was the site of a town-hall meeting. After the meeting, as Tom Hopfinger of the Alaska Dispatch attempted to question Miller, the security guards moved in and, according to Hopfinger, told him he was trespassing.
When Hopfinger asked them to explain themselves, they handcuffed him until, as Hopfinger puts it, he was freed 30 minutes later by the Anchorage police
http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2010/...
If these are the kind of representatives Alaska (and our country wants) then that is what we deserve.
I wish Alaska good luck - they will need it once again.
A couple of facts that you conveniently left out.
1: Miller was already out of the building when the incident happened.
2: It was a police officer that handcuffed him.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#13 Oct 21, 2010
the Messiah wrote:
But the CNN-TIME poll also finds 10 percent of likely voters asked said the write-in process required to vote for Murkowski proved too difficult.
That sounds about right for the average GOP voter! Write-in? Nobody told me I'd have to write!

Since: Oct 10

Douglasville, GA

#14 Oct 21, 2010
BobbySomers wrote:
<quoted text>A couple of facts that you conveniently left out.
1: Miller was already out of the building when the incident happened.
2: It was a police officer that handcuffed him.
It wasn't a police officer. It was a hired security guard.
- Anderson Cooper 360- CHECK OUT, Candidates go silent @ http://www.cnn.com/video/

Cheswold, Delaware.

#15 Oct 21, 2010
Chris41 wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a police officer. It was a hired security guard.
- Anderson Cooper 360- CHECK OUT, Candidates go silent @ http://www.cnn.com/video/
Ok, You are correct. I thought it was a police officer working a second job as a security guard.
My mistake.
Responsibility

Long Beach, CA

#16 Oct 21, 2010
It is sooooo sooooo tough when these candidates like Miller do not want to debate and do not want to answer questions from journalists. Those voters and Mamma Grizzlies want to know the facts.

Come on, joe, show some (in the Palin vernacular) cojones!

“Freedom Demands Responsibility”

Since: Aug 09

21st Century

#17 Oct 21, 2010
Woof, All these polls work on Miller's behalf. None of his supporters have become complacent, and he is receiving more monetary support. Murkowski sill be the first write in Senate candidate to win since Strom Thurmond in 1954 if she wins. Voters first, have to write her name in the right place, second, spell it correctly, and third, not check any other name for their ballot to count. My guess - Miller by 5%+
Joe

Orlando, FL

#18 Oct 21, 2010
serfs up wrote:
Lets put it this way. Come January, if the smell of manure does not change, people like me will never vote Republican again. It is a shame that some of the tea party candidates pasts have helped to hurt them in this evil environment. Years ago, I would have put the pictures of candidates with families and grand parenting the reason to vote for them. then the smell of an outhouse shows up when they take power. This morning I saw a candidate Harold Johnson a Repub running for congress giving the old GOP smile and a wink. He beat a tea party guy Tim D'Annunzio who has some flaws in his past. I read this race some months ago and it intrigued me. I knew him as a kid. Always pragmatic. Always having an answer to a issue. The repub bosses backed Johnson. This man better not be a traitor if elected. We will start to come January. Lets see some family photos. No more of them. No more.
So stay home and don't vote then and don't whine when you don't like the result. Otherwise shut up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lisa Murkowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lisa Murkowski Cruises to Primary Victory Aug 17 He Named Me Black... 2
News HAARP Facility Will Be Transferred to the Unive... May '16 USA these days 1
News UA to make $2M loan to Fairbanks campus for HAA... May '16 Elf 1
News UA regents say they failed to hear of HAARP res... May '16 Santa 1
News UA to make $2M loan to Fairbanks campus for HAA... May '16 Santa 1
News Senate passes energy bill with overwhelming bip... Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News UPDATE 1-U.S. Sen. Markey places hold on Obama'... (Jan '16) Jan '16 goonsquad 1
More from around the web