Arlen Specter's farewell speech slams GOP 'cannibalism'

Dec 22, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Post-Standard

Departing Republican-turned-Democratic Sen. Arlen Specter on Tuesday said conservative Republicans who backed tea party challengers against establishment candidates in the recent elections engaged in political cannibalism.

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 180 of186
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
So John Kerry walks into a bar, and the bartender sez....Why the long face?
HEHEHEHEHEHEHE. Funny :)
obvious

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

Barbara wrote:
<quoted text>Badge of honor??? LOMA Just keep your head in the sand & pretend it was OK because it happened to serve your purpose at the time.
Swiftboating is American political jargon that is used as a strong pejorative description of some kind of attack that the speaker considers unfair or untrue—for example, an ad hominem attack or a smear campaign.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiftboating
Yes Barbara ... BUT the swiftboating that started it all IS true and hardly unfair! That is my point.

Anybody can post what they want on wiki hardly a crdible source
Makakilo

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Cannibalism in Saudi Arabia!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The Solution

Charleroi, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

Seeking truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What IS with all your gay fantasies????? You have an obsession!
I have no gay fantasy. You liberals are the ones with gay fantasies as you back gay marriage and DADT. Wise up if only for a day.

Since: Oct 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

Barbara wrote:
<quoted text>The interesting thing about it was that they were his medals. He had every right to do whatever he wanted with them.
Well darlin ( is ok if I call you darlin?) word was, they were not his medals, he used somebody elses...small point anyway, his intent seems to have been to disparage the military....and his trip to Paris to the peacetalks was not authorized by the govt, he should have been punished for that, as an active member of the military. He was probably building his political resume with that stunt, and with taking his home movie camera to Nam, to film his heroics for later use.

It was interesting to learn that of his swift boat pals, about 100 of them said he was a phony, and 6-8 of them sided with him....
pffft

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

sore LOOSER ...

Since: May 10

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Well darlin ( is ok if I call you darlin?) word was, they were not his medals, he used somebody elses...small point anyway, his intent seems to have been to disparage the military....and his trip to Paris to the peacetalks was not authorized by the govt, he should have been punished for that, as an active member of the military. He was probably building his political resume with that stunt, and with taking his home movie camera to Nam, to film his heroics for later use.
It was interesting to learn that of his swift boat pals, about 100 of them said he was a phony, and 6-8 of them sided with him....
Umm

"John Kerry served as a Lieutenant in the United States Navy during the Vietnam War, during the period from 1966 to 1970"

Paris? 1971. NEXT

Swift boat "pals"? How many on his boat agreed with the swiftboaters? DISHONEST DOUCHEBAG!

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

# Swiftboating is American political jargon that is used as a strong pejorative description of some kind of attack that the speaker considers unfair or untrue—for example, an ad hominem attack or a smear campaign.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiftboating

# swiftboat - To attack a politician with specious claims; To trick, scam, or swindle
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/swiftboat
Seeking truth

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

pffft wrote:
sore LOOSER ...
Try dictionary.com . It's "loser".

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Jonny Boy Central Coast wrote:
# Swiftboating is American political jargon that is used as a strong pejorative description of some kind of attack that the speaker considers unfair or untrue—for example, an ad hominem attack or a smear campaign.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiftboating
# swiftboat - To attack a politician with specious claims; To trick, scam, or swindle
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/swiftboat
TSK, TSK, TSK. Using unreliable sources as references would get you an "F" in a real school.
Barbara

Manchester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

maddog2008 wrote:
I just want to wish everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR----- EVEN ALL OF THE LIBERALS!!!!!!-M/DOG-
Thank you. And a very Merry Christmas & a happy, healthy New Year to you, too. Even if you haven't seen the light, yet. LOL
Barbara

Manchester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem, sweetie. You'll have to forgive me ... but I have a difficult time giving any credence to the "word" on the street. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I really like a source. I mean ... you don't believe everything you hear, do you?

Since: Apr 10

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Barbara wrote:
<quoted text>More likely it speaks volumes about Katherine Harris, Jeb Bush & the SCOTUS at the time.
In typical liberal fashion you ignore the role the liberal Florida State Supreme Court had in forcing the SCOTUS to act. Had the liberal Florida State Supreme Court followed existing Florida state election laws the SCOTUS would not have needed to get involved.

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

AZBowhunter wrote:
<quoted text>
In typical liberal fashion you ignore the role the liberal Florida State Supreme Court had in forcing the SCOTUS to act. Had the liberal Florida State Supreme Court followed existing Florida state election laws the SCOTUS would not have needed to get involved.
Yeah, RECOUNTING ALL votes is SOOOO bad, lol

"The Supreme Court ruled 7–2 that the Florida Supreme Court's decision, calling for a statewide recount, violated the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. The Court held the Equal Protection Clause guarantees to individuals that their ballots cannot be devalued by "later arbitrary and disparate treatment". Even if the recount was fair in theory, it was unfair in practice. The record, as weighed by the Florida Supreme Court, suggested that different standards were seemingly applied to the recount from ballot to ballot, precinct to precinct, and county to county, even when identical types of ballots and machines were used"

THIS WAS SOOOOO MUCH BETTER:

The Court ruled 5–4 that no constitutionally valid recount could be completed by a December 12 "safe harbor" deadline. The Court asserted that "the Supreme Court of Florida has said that the legislature intended the State's electors to 'participat[e] fully in the federal electoral process,' as provided in 3 U.S.C.§ 5."

The Court therefore effectively ended the proposed recount, because "the Florida Legislature intended to obtain the safe-harbor benefits of 3 U. S. C.§5."

Four justices (Justices Stevens, Ginsburg, Souter and Breyer) dissented as to stopping the recount. Two of those four dissenters (i.e. Justices Breyer and Souter) acknowledged that the counting up until December 9 had not conformed with Equal Protection requirements.

However, Souter and Breyer favored remanding the case back to the Florida Supreme Court for the purpose of crafting specific guidelines for how to count disputed ballots, in contrast to the majority's decision to halt the recount altogether.

NOTICE THIS:

The actual counting had ended with the December 9 injunction issued by the same five-justice majority, three days before any deadline.

YEAH, They JUST wanted to get it right? As in Repuglithan.

Since: Oct 08

Clarkston, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

you libs are still contesting the 2000 election, 11 years later....get a life.

“Operation GTFO Advocate”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
LOL! Not gonna happen.
Julio the Marine

Charleroi, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
The libturds live in the past because that's all they have, no future for a lib.
Jed

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

Julio the Marine wrote:
<quoted text>
The libturds live in the past because that's all they have, no future for a lib.
Arlen Who ???
Rambeaux

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2010

Judged:

Republicans...the REAL progressives.

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2010

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
Says the moron rewriting the history of the war FORTY YEARS LATER, lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 180 of186
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••