Arlen Specter's farewell speech slams GOP 'cannibalism'

There are 20 comments on the Dec 22, 2010, Post-Standard story titled Arlen Specter's farewell speech slams GOP 'cannibalism'. In it, Post-Standard reports that:

Departing Republican-turned-Democratic Sen. Arlen Specter on Tuesday said conservative Republicans who backed tea party challengers against establishment candidates in the recent elections engaged in political cannibalism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Post-Standard.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

#27 Dec 22, 2010
Sphincter is a POS that rightly had a problem with Elena Kagan becoming the Solicitor General post But then turns around and Votes FOR the POS for scotus.

Unbelievable.
PooPoo Platter

Carol Stream, IL

#28 Dec 22, 2010
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>Hey spellchecker nancy boy, I've some Dicktation for you to take under my desk. Get to it.
Call your mommy down to the basement, that's her "job". LOL!!!
Will

Columbus, OH

#29 Dec 22, 2010
Glad to see the GOP tearing itself apart, bodes very well for the future if we can get through the next couple of years.

I think the Tea Baggers may yet be a gift under the Dem Party's tree! LOL

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#30 Dec 22, 2010
Bye Bye Arlen,
Bye Bye Arlen,
Bye Bye Arlen,
We're Glad To See You Go!
scout

Albany, CA

#31 Dec 22, 2010
Don't let the know hit ya on the way out, pinko commie.
scout

Albany, CA

#32 Dec 22, 2010
don't let the door hit ya on the way out, pinko!

CORRECTED
Seeking truth

Dearborn, MI

#33 Dec 22, 2010
Tony wrote:
Specter is another very good example of why america must have term limits.....
see ya......don't let the bribes hit you in the butt on the way out.
Why? What's wrong with elections?

“SEMPER FI”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#34 Dec 22, 2010
Will wrote:
Glad to see the GOP tearing itself apart, bodes very well for the future if we can get through the next couple of years.
I think the Tea Baggers may yet be a gift under the Dem Party's tree! LOL
You're an idiot! Arlen Specter's a Democrap! Always was! 95% of his votes were along Democrap party lines.

FTR

“Community Liar-in-Chief”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#35 Dec 22, 2010
Seeking truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They allow for uneducated Moron Moochers, such as yourself, to vote for more Liberal Looney Looters, so more of the hard EARNED money can be stolen from the Patriotic Producers in order to support said Moron Moochers. That's what's wrong with elections!
Will

Columbus, OH

#36 Dec 22, 2010
Beersteiner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot! Arlen Specter's a Democrap! Always was! 95% of his votes were along Democrap party lines.
No, he was a Rescumlican, he just didn't vote with the wacko wing of the Party - which these days is pretty much all of it. I think that's why he quit, in fact....:)
OBAMA LIED

Manhattan Beach, CA

#37 Dec 22, 2010
We need to get rid of all the ARLEN SPECTERS in Washington..most of them need to go ..they obviously aren't getting the message with the latest legislation with all the earmarks and not following what the military said ..
all of a sudden a 1900 page document appears out of thin air and needs to be voted on immediately..another Pelosi trick ?
Both Republicans and Democrats need to start soon serving us ...
I am tired of peoople just constantly taking free gifts from the govt..we have an entire generation on unemployment and welfare..only those mentally and physically handicapped should rec' anything from the govt everyone else needs to fend for themselves .. if they get hungry enough they will work..and by the way there are plenty of jobs out there unfilled ..those on unemployment if there was none the jobs would be filled ..
Seeking truth

Dearborn, MI

#38 Dec 22, 2010
FTR wrote:
<quoted text>They allow for uneducated Moron Moochers, such as yourself, to vote for more Liberal Looney Looters, so more of the hard EARNED money can be stolen from the Patriotic Producers in order to support said Moron Moochers. That's what's wrong with elections!
So you hate the US Constitution and democracy. That's what I thought. BTW YOU are the moocher. I bet I pay a higher tax rate than you do.
Seeking truth

Dearborn, MI

#39 Dec 22, 2010
FTR wrote:
<quoted text>They allow for uneducated Moron Moochers, such as yourself, to vote for more Liberal Looney Looters, so more of the hard EARNED money can be stolen from the Patriotic Producers in order to support said Moron Moochers. That's what's wrong with elections!
I suppose you prefer we let the Supreme Court appoint our officials, like the BUSH.
Will

Columbus, OH

#40 Dec 22, 2010
OBAMA LIED wrote:
We need to get rid of all the ARLEN SPECTERS in Washington....blah, blah, rant, rave....none the jobs would be filled ..
Since it's Christmastime, you must be Scrooge...:)

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#41 Dec 22, 2010
Seeking truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They are fine...but unless you pay taxes, even just a little, you should not get to vote. Voters that dont pay taxes will vote for the candidate that promises them even more free sh't, and as we all know, poor people are ruining this country.

Since: Feb 07

Whitman,Ma

#42 Dec 22, 2010
Arlen was never a real Republican only an opportunist to get himself elected. His number is up, both parties canned this turncoat. He was like a double agent and no one trusts a double agent. Adios Arlen. Too bad there are a whole bunch more leaving with ya. Maybe in 2012 the Chamber will be cleaned out a little more.
Anton Chigurh

Bloomingdale, IL

#43 Dec 22, 2010
Arlen, Arlen. First you were a Republican and then a Dem. You were as inspiring as the average cinder block. Physically, you bear striking resemblance to Norman Bates' mother from "Psycho." Other than your oratory being a cure for insomnia, most can't think of anything you accomplished despite a long career. So I think I speak for those of all political affiliations when I say FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHUT UP & GO AWAY!
Seeking truth

Dearborn, MI

#44 Dec 22, 2010
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
They are fine...but unless you pay taxes, even just a little, you should not get to vote. Voters that dont pay taxes will vote for the candidate that promises them even more free sh't, and as we all know, poor people are ruining this country.
That's a good idea. So since corporations don't pay taxes, they should not have free speech or the more importantly, the ability to buy our politicians. BTW I don't know ANYONE who pays NO TAXES.
USA Oligarchy

Schenectady, NY

#45 Dec 22, 2010
Carey is just another nazi just like his "gods" reagan, bush, bush. People like him will never wake, learn for themselves or be anything other that what they are, freedom haters!
Ross

Lady Lake, FL

#46 Dec 22, 2010
My message to Specter is: "don't let the door hit you in the azz."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lisa Murkowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oil prices ease as U.S. stockpiles seen rising Apr 22 barefoot2626 2
News Keystone pipeline wins Senate vote in victory f... Mar '15 Billy Ringo 56
News Democrats block Keystone bill in setback for Se... Feb '15 Le Jimbo 96
News Offshore drilling plan in Alaska may restrict p... Jan '15 TeaBagging for Am... 6
News Obama's Alaska move triggers fight Jan '15 Captain Yesterday 9
News Obama to propose protecting 1.4 million acres o... Jan '15 Captain Yesterday 8
News Obama to seek wilderness designation for Alaska... Jan '15 WeTheSheeple 24
More from around the web