Arlen Specter's farewell speech slams GOP 'cannibalism'

Dec 22, 2010 Full story: Post-Standard 186

Departing Republican-turned-Democratic Sen. Arlen Specter on Tuesday said conservative Republicans who backed tea party challengers against establishment candidates in the recent elections engaged in political cannibalism.

Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Since: Apr 10

Chandler, AZ

#202 Dec 27, 2010
Jonny Boy Central Coast wrote:
<quoted text>
And Democrats wanted to count all of the votes except the military absentee votes, right?

THE SCOTUS ruled against the "Florida State Supremely Liberal" court on 2 occasion. The Florida court was way outside the bounds of the law and was legislating from the bench. All the SCOTUS did was nullify their attempts to steal the election.
USA Oligarchy

Schenectady, NY

#203 Dec 30, 2010
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Too easy...everybody gets 1 vote, even poor people that pay no taxes or contribute to society, and then after that, for every 10 grand you pay in taxes, 1 additional vote. Maybe I should have said, "As anybody with a brain knows" That better?
I think the obvious things here are: IF your corporation actually pays taxes the way they should be paying then it's possible for your corporation to have a vote for every $10,000 paid in taxes? Or, in other words, 100 votes for every $1,000,000 paid in taxes? How is that fair to the general population? Especially considering that 70% of our economy is driven by WE THE CONSUMERS! I honestly think that one "small" fact has eluded our greedy corporations, the same corporations that get all the tax breaks, pilot programs and other tax "incentives". All of which lower corporations tax liabilities.
USA Oligarchy

Schenectady, NY

#204 Dec 30, 2010
AZBowhunter wrote:
<quoted text>
THE SCOTUS ruled against the "Florida State Supremely Liberal" court on 2 occasion. The Florida court was way outside the bounds of the law and was legislating from the bench. All the SCOTUS did was nullify their attempts to steal the election.
The rethuglican controlled SCOTUS has done more harm to our country than any terrorists could ever hope to accomplish! Just in case you had your blinders on when it happened, dick cheney, when asked about our rights and our Constitution, publicly stated: "What rights? You don't have any! What Constitution? It's just another damn piece of paper that don't mean shiat!" To that comment, I say the terrorists have already won these costly wars. Wars that were started by a greedy rethuglican president whose family has always supplied both sides of every conflict/war since WW1.
Liberal Antidote

Monongahela, PA

#205 Dec 30, 2010
GFY Arlen. And stay gone you liberal hack.

Since: May 10

Monterey, CA

#206 Dec 30, 2010
AZBowhunter wrote:
<quoted text>
And Democrats wanted to count all of the votes except the military absentee votes, right?
You mean the NON POST MARKED VOTES? Yeah, they started out that way, but changed to ALL votes Bubba.

You mean when SCOTUS went into a STATES RIGHTS ISSUE?

Perhaps read what REAL lawyers and legal sites say about that, lol I don't think you'd see that as being true. SCOTUS overstepped and Bushie was SELECTED President. I'm OK with it because Gore was to much of a P*SSY to do anything at the beginning. He got robbed, but should have stood up to the punks!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#207 Dec 31, 2010
Holding the bad air in, makes the body ill.
Go away Mr. S.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lisa Murkowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... Oct 5 woodtick57 373
Sen. Murkowski: Alaskans deserve a fix for Obam... Oct 2 bottlecap 1
Alaska becomes crucial frontier for Senate Demo... Aug '14 bottlecap 1
Eric Cantor Loses Primary in Massive Upset Aug '14 swedenforever 230
Sullivan beats tea party in Alaska GOP Senate race Aug '14 Swedenforever 5
Alaska GOP candidates clash on immigration Aug '14 Cat74 4
VA official: Recruitment a challenge in Alaska Jul '14 Viet Nam Vet 1

Lisa Murkowski People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE