Write-in votes tally over 100,000 in Alaska

Nov 15, 2010 Full story: Athens Banner-Herald 7

No clear winner emerged Monday after the addition of the last big batch of absentee ballots in Alaska's still-undecided Senate race between Sen.

Full Story
crayz ox3thongee

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Nov 15, 2010
:-0000h, sarah again! ;)
Shady Lady

Mchenry, IL

#2 Nov 15, 2010
I thought Murkowski had this thing all tied up already. She cannot change the law to suit her needs, and the Military votes will not be for Daddy's little girl. They are real Republicans. They would vote for the primary winner.
Thanks Alot

United States

#3 Nov 15, 2010
Way to go Alaska! Y'all went out of your way to complicate something that is supose to be so easy. The rest of us just vote for the candidates our party puts forth. Seems you people like voting for yourself, Mickey Mouse, and Donald Duck! Don't forget Murkowski in that mix. You know the one that lost her party's nomination. Brain freeze idiots!
crayz ox3thongee

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Nov 15, 2010
Shady Lady wrote:
I thought Murkowski had this thing all tied up already. She cannot change the law to suit her needs, and the Military votes will not be for Daddy's little girl. They are real Republicans. They would vote for the primary winner.
re what! it"s da words used one billion time!:-00 get som think nu ok ;) re public from foundink DADTy :-000
Lance Winslow

Berkeley, CA

#5 Nov 15, 2010
Thanks Alot wrote:
Way to go Alaska! Y'all went out of your way to complicate something that is supose to be so easy. The rest of us just vote for the candidates our party puts forth. Seems you people like voting for yourself, Mickey Mouse, and Donald Duck! Don't forget Murkowski in that mix. You know the one that lost her party's nomination. Brain freeze idiots!
Got a problem with democracy favoring the choice of the voters over the choice of their parties?
Zombie Corpse Rental

San Jose, CA

#6 Nov 15, 2010
Late into the night and the counting goes on. The big question: does a ballot with "I want more free likker and gubmint checks" scrawled in crayon count as a write-in for Palin's favorite or not?
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#7 Nov 16, 2010
Zombie Corpse Rental wrote:
Late into the night and the counting goes on. The big question: does a ballot with "I want more free likker and gubmint checks" scrawled in crayon count as a write-in for Palin's favorite or not?
No, that would have been a vote for another Begich, i.e., a Democrat, but in this election that would have been McAdams. Unfortunately for McAdams, he wasn't running against a high-ranking Republican senator who had recently been wrongfully prosecuted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lisa Murkowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... Sep 13 LEO 477 82
Alaska becomes crucial frontier for Senate Demo... Aug 25 bottlecap 1
Eric Cantor Loses Primary in Massive Upset Aug 24 swedenforever 230
Sullivan beats tea party in Alaska GOP Senate race Aug 21 Swedenforever 5
Alaska GOP candidates clash on immigration Aug '14 Cat74 4
VA official: Recruitment a challenge in Alaska Jul '14 Viet Nam Vet 1
GOP Senator Collins says she supports gay marriage Jun '14 Fa-Foxy 10
•••

Lisa Murkowski People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE