Keystone XL pipeline takes second shot at U.S. okay

May 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

TransCanada Corp is taking its second shot at asking Washington to approve the contentious Keystone XL oil pipeline, betting that a new route through Nebraska and post-U.S. election time frame for a decision will push the project forward.

Comments (Page 7)

Showing posts 121 - 138 of138
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Lying for the Lord”

Since: May 12

Heartland USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

"Governor Romney: "We're using too much oil," Romney said. "We have an answer. We can use alternative sources of energy -- biodiesel, ethanol, nuclear power.
paul shykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

The Lying Mormon wrote:
"Governor Romney: "We're using too much oil," Romney said. "We have an answer. We can use alternative sources of energy -- biodiesel, ethanol, nuclear power.
..VHaaat.??You's are a LIER,here...with a FAKE-PICTURE,fAKE Name..yha..yoy..you's...eh...A nd,my Mitt ROMNEY IS CORRECT,HERE...YES...eh...$$$. ..YADA u u..(+)..Shalom
See the Light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise here after all we still live in a Bush economy and we will do so until such time that we and the rest of world move out of it - nevertheless we are moving in the right direction in spite of the rightwingnuz trying to slow it ...
IGNORAMUS ! LOL
frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

See the Light wrote:
<quoted text>IGNORAMUS ! LOL
Makes you wonder - if Romney gets elected, will we have inherited the economic mess from Bush ... or Obama? Let me see you spin this one for a while :-/

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes you wonder - if Romney gets elected, will we have inherited the economic mess from Bush ... or Obama? Let me see you spin this one for a while :-/
No it is Rosa Torres fault she will be out 50th President LOL. And she is a very nice lady too boot!

Of course they will still blame Bush. It is not their fault there are an idiot. It is the republicans for keeping them down like Rev. Jackson and Sharpton does oh sorry they are Dems. LMAO
frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

In Teh Know wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is Rosa Torres fault she will be out 50th President LOL. And she is a very nice lady too boot!
Of course they will still blame Bush. It is not their fault there are an idiot. It is the republicans for keeping them down like Rev. Jackson and Sharpton does oh sorry they are Dems. LMAO
What is Rosa Torres' fault? Rosa Torres is a world famous Spanish piano player :-)

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

The Obama said that he would bankrupt America and he is.

Since: Aug 09

Walnut, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Vance1 wrote:
The Obama doesnt want JOBS, He says NO to the Keystone XL pipeline
Thanks for keeping it short instead of typing a manifesto that proves your ignorance.

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

HeavensToMergatroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for keeping it short instead of typing a manifesto that proves your ignorance.
No need for redundancy -- that monumental Ignorance has already been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

HeavensToMergatroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Is everyone in Mexifornia as dumb as you?
Dr Phil

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

"I mean, Mitt Romney comes from a Mormon background. I don't know how many wives he has. I'm not saying that I believe in that, I'm just saying he was born on a Mormon compound. I'm not a 'Wifer' but for some reason he's never shown his original marriage certificate."
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Aug 09

Walnut, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is everyone in Mexifornia as dumb as you?
The vapors from your gun-cleaning fluid is ruining your brain.
Jerin

Nanaimo, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

The Keystone would create jobs in both Canada and the United States. I think the recent jump in fuel prices on the West Coast and the fire at the Cherry Point refinery http://www.king5.com/news/local/Fire-at-Cherr... illustrate the need to improve capacity.
http://jerinmichelle.blogspot.com
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

TransCanada claims the pipeline will create 20,000 jobs. A State Department report estimates that only 20 permanent operating jobs would be created in the six states along the pipeline route. By comparison, those same states are home to robust agricultural, ranching and tourist industries that are dependent on water and vulnerable to environmental contamination. Across the six states agriculture employs 571,000 workers and tourism 780,000; the total revenue from those sectors, respectively, is $76.3 billion and $67 billion.

Transcanada CEO: TransCanada has no obligation to direct product to the U.S. market.

XLPipedream
Chuggaboom

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Judged:

There is plenty of pipeline capacity in Canada, one of the main reasong the Canadian government repeatedly denied the permits in the past but now the right officials have some cash under the table and the permits in Canada are done.
Very few jobs other than temporary construction jobs will result from the piepline to the Gulf of Mexico. The fuel will not be for American consumption but rather for export so it will have no effect on domestic fuel prices.
There has been a surplus of gasoline in America for almost the past year anyway but prices ghave stayed high and oil companies continue enjoying their record high profits. People rejoice when the price at the pum goes down a nickle or dime in a month but forget that 10 years ago they were paying just over a dollar a gallon and oil was at fifty dollars a barrel. Do the math.
frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Judged:

We donít need the Keystone pipeline Ė the Canadians do!
A large part of the Keystone pipeline proposed already exists and is old, the U.S. used it to deliver refined oil north from the Gulf. Now they propose to join it to Canada and reverse its flow southward. In order to move oil sands crude oil in the pipe, it will have to be heated, diluted with other solvents to prevent clogging and pressurized. The pipeline is proposed to be built over important farm lands and sole source aquifers in the Midwest. The state of Nebraska has issued strong opposition to its crossing fragile areas in its borders. In my opinion, this pipeline is multiple disasters waiting to happen. The pro-oil argument is that the Gulf coast refineries have the equipment to handle the sour crudes. The environmental argument is that we should move those refineries to light, sweet crude, which we are now pumping in the US, while we slowly convert to non-carbon energy production. We don't need the Canadian oil or its problems. So don't be fooled by the claims of cheap oil and jobs. These arguments are as dark and ominous as the oil itself! Besides, Obama supports extending the existing Keystone XL pipeline from Cushing, Okla., to the U.S. Gulf Coast.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/22/news/economy/...
Billy Ringo

Forest Hills, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Judged:

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant - Willard has no chance of getting elected.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Even if we don't get oil out of it, theres still the jobs, which I'm sure they'd be glad to have.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 138 of138
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••