Obama pushes oil drilling in Alaska, ocean | The Columbus Dispatch

In an effort to defuse Republican and oil-industry pressure over drilling permits and soothe public anger over gasoline prices, President Barack Obama is ordering the Interior Department to conduct annual lease sales in Alaska's National Petroleum Reserve and speed up seismic work that is a precursor to drilling off the southern and mid-Atlantic ... Full Story
Anyway

La Grande, OR

#1 May 15, 2011
What a bunch of tools they are.
Jim W

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 May 15, 2011
OF course the President has always been in favor of energy/oil development in the U.S. OF course. Just like shutting down drilling in the Gulf was actually an attempt to increase oil production. And limiting the developmment of clean coal as part of cap and trade is actually an attempt to "help" the coal industry. And $4+ a gallon gasoline is actually for the good of the people...
IF he wants to help, have him get government out of the way. We basically haven't had a new refinery or nuclear plant in the U.S. in 30+ years due to government regs. No new energy production, increased population = same supply/ increased demand. Guess what happens to the price?
Sparky

Columbus, OH

#3 May 15, 2011
Whatever the lying Community Organizer says, the opposite is true.

If this lie isn't obvious to even the most pathetic fawning worshipers of the Community Organizer, then nothing will make them see the truth.
fax

King George, VA

#4 May 15, 2011
You Obama people can understand and keep up
with his "changes" that happens daily? WOW,
dogs

London, OH

#5 May 15, 2011
Obama ran his campaign saying he wanted to protect the environment, while developing solar and wind power. You can't believe anything politians say.
Live FREE

Canal Winchester, OH

#6 May 15, 2011
Lip service covered by hidden red tape from the communist clown in DC. The total new wells before 2012 elections will be less than TEN. Thousands of aplications will require years of EPA red tape. Bozo is the worst ever!
Black Lion

Columbus, OH

#7 May 15, 2011
What about the ANWR wasteland??? Fracking in the Bakken? Allowing a new refinery to be built? This is a good step he has made, however all the new restrictions put forth by the eco-nazi's will likely slow or stall the actual implementations of his rhetoric.
Black Lion

Columbus, OH

#8 May 15, 2011
The department of Energy, founded in 1977, whose purpose was to release us from dependency from OPEC has grown into a huge conglomeration of bureaucracy that can't funtion. The eco-nazi's there and in the EPA are killing us one gallon at a time. By the way, how are they doing on their original mission so far?
Jim

Columbus, OH

#9 May 15, 2011
Jim W wrote:
OF course the President has always been in favor of energy/oil development in the U.S. OF course. Just like shutting down drilling in the Gulf was actually an attempt to increase oil production. And limiting the development of clean coal as part of cap and trade is actually an attempt to "help" the coal industry. And $4+ a gallon gasoline is actually for the good of the people...
IF he wants to help, have him get government out of the way. We basically haven't had a new refinery or nuclear plant in the U.S. in 30+ years due to government regs. No new energy production, increased population = same supply/ increased demand. Guess what happens to the price?
All of the land in the US can;t produce enough out get out of one energy jam ...Let alone out of how many jams coming down the pike? Until the next oil rich dictator farts?

the truth

Newark, OH

#10 May 15, 2011
Obama will make sure no permits are given like he did in the Gulf after closeinf the Gulf down and killing jobs. The Nazi EPA and his czars are there so he can talk the talk and have the Nazi DNC SS do his dirty deals like he did not help the illegals when he had all 3 houses and could have, and now is talking about the dream act. He is the dream act and lossing his base, now that is hope and change in 2012 No More Obama.
the truth

Newark, OH

#11 May 15, 2011
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>All of the land in the US can;t produce enough out get out of one energy jam ...Let alone out of how many jams coming down the pike? Until the next oil rich dictator farts?
You are a fool the US has more than enough fuel to last 200 years just in the mid west states and not counting off shore or Alaska. All you need to do is go to the US Geological site
Makes number2

Willimantic, CT

#12 May 15, 2011
He is doing this to improve his poll numbers,he couldn't give a crap about us he is doing only to improve his chance to not booted out of office. Don't be gullible please read between the lines and realize he is liar and chief
shades

Tiffin, OH

#13 May 15, 2011
Live FREE wrote:
Lip service covered by hidden red tape from the communist clown in DC. The total new wells before 2012 elections will be less than TEN. Thousands of aplications will require years of EPA red tape. Bozo is the worst ever!
Sorry that dead Bin Laden taste interferes with what you were cookin' there bubba. Reset and try again.
Jim

Columbus, OH

#14 May 15, 2011
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fool the US has more than enough fuel to last 200 years just in the mid west states and not counting off shore or Alaska. All you need to do is go to the US Geological site
It won;t come out of the ground in our lifetime for sure. FOOL Unless you want to pay upwards of $200 per barrel because of the technologies needed to get it out of the ground. The easy to get oil is GONE.
Black Lion

Columbus, OH

#15 May 15, 2011
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>It won;t come out of the ground in our lifetime for sure. FOOL Unless you want to pay upwards of $200 per barrel because of the technologies needed to get it out of the ground. The easy to get oil is GONE.
Yeah, its gone alright. It is gone to ANWR, The bakken and the gulf where it is safe because of the eco-nazi's and bureaucrats in the energy dept. The energy dept was created in 1977 to eliminate our dependence of OPEC oil. How are they doing so far?
the truth

Newark, OH

#16 May 17, 2011
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>It won;t come out of the ground in our lifetime for sure. FOOL Unless you want to pay upwards of $200 per barrel because of the technologies needed to get it out of the ground. The easy to get oil is GONE.
You are the fool and I am sure you love to pay $5 for gas and love the man child marxist killing all of the Gulf coast jobs so he could send them to Brazil with our 10 billion we have to beg the chi coms for. Barrack Hussien Obama MMM. Noe go out and py $50 bucks for a LED light bulb as good old US made incandesant will be out lawed in Jan or you could buy a CPF which will drive you mad seeing you are a mental case in need of Obama deathcare for a free late term abortion. Had you marxist not killed drilling the price woul dbe back were it was under Bush under $2 bucks soros sock puppet

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lisa Murkowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama to propose protecting 1.4 million acres o... 1 hr Captain Yesterday 6
Obama to seek wilderness designation for Alaska... 2 hr serfs up 21
Obama's Alaska move triggers fight 6 hr Captain Yesterday 3
Obama to seek wilderness designation for Alaska... 19 hr USA Today 1
Keystone debate moves ahead Jan 15 Le Duped 5
New GOP Senate chairmen aim to undo Obama policies Jan 9 Even Steven 88
14 Senate chairmen poised for power Jan 4 Oregonbythesea 1
More from around the web