Obama taps REI chief Sally Jewell for Interior secretary

There are 20 comments on the Reuters story from Feb 6, 2013, titled Obama taps REI chief Sally Jewell for Interior secretary. In it, Reuters reports that:

Sally Jewell, a retail executive and outdoor enthusiast, is President Barack Obama's pick to oversee the national parks and vast energy reserves on public lands as Interior secretary, an administration official said on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#44 Feb 7, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 25 aliases make up quite a playground in teabagger kiddieland. All to avail. Your kind has been, neutralized.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#45 Feb 7, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>You idiots will learn someday, it doesn't matter what Bush did, you can't change it, but you can change the present and future. Huba huba pookie, you're burning daylight.
Your post is gibberish, as usual, but your willingness to excuse Bush ANYTHING while blaming EVERYTHING on Obama continues. You have Obama Derangement Syndrome, you can't help yourself.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#46 Feb 7, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>They are all dykes like Reno, Hillary, Kagen and leader of homeland security. They aren't real women.
The GOP War on Women (and gay people) continues, I see. Please continue it for a couple of more elections, we can force you all out of office and clean up the mess Republicans and their 'bagger allies have caused...:)

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#47 Feb 7, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 25 aliases make up quite a playground in teabagger kiddieland. All to avail. Your kind has been, neutralized.
Well don't just tell a lie, when a total prevarication will do pookie. List the 25 and what post numbers they were on.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#48 Feb 7, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is gibberish, as usual, but your willingness to excuse Bush ANYTHING while blaming EVERYTHING on Obama continues. You have Obama Derangement Syndrome, you can't help yourself.
I know it is gibberish to your. I can't type in ebonics moron.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#49 Feb 7, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody does anything a teabagger wants. Look inside the closet of your trailer. You'll find them there.

hahahahahahahahaha

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#50 Feb 7, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>I know it is gibberish to your. I can't type in ebonics moron.
Ebonics would be a big step UP for a jabbering, racist idiot like you.
Spike

Akron, OH

#51 Feb 7, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is gibberish, as usual, but your willingness to excuse Bush ANYTHING while blaming EVERYTHING on Obama continues. You have Obama Derangement Syndrome, you can't help yourself.
I bet you still think that, that LSD no longer effects your thinking too.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#52 Feb 7, 2013
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you still think that, that LSD no longer effects your thinking too.
I've never taken LSD in my life.

Have you ever had an intelligent thought in your life?:)
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#53 Feb 7, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of the Republicans in the House.
Out of 233 representatives only 19 are women.
Dems have 61 out of 206.
Out of 19 House committees none were headed up by women.
All white Republican males.
Republican disrespect women, maybe?
Obama started the LIE that Reps hate women when in fact the Dem's HATE WOMEN - they are called OBAMA SLUTS, this is so disrespectful to women. Obama does not pay the women working for him the same pay that the men get. Not equal pay for equal work. You would NEVER hear a Republican call a lady a SLUT.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#54 Feb 7, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
That "fat, old, angry white-guy" syndrome (thanks Ed Rollins) has already caught up with them....Obama part deux.
hahahahahahahahaha
I thought you said Benghazi was old news?? Azzholes that you liberals are.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#55 Feb 7, 2013
Obama is going down for Benghazi.
"The skunk is about to arrive at the picnic," Inhofe said before questioning Panetta and Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#56 Feb 8, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama started the LIE that Reps hate women when in fact the Dem's HATE WOMEN - they are called OBAMA SLUTS, this is so disrespectful to women. Obama does not pay the women working for him the same pay that the men get. Not equal pay for equal work. You would NEVER hear a Republican call a lady a SLUT.
Yes, it IS disrespectful of YOU to call female Obama supporters "Obama Sluts," you filthy old man. What the HELL is the matter with you? NO Democrat does that! It's your vile buddy Limbaugh calls women "whores" and "sluts" if they even use birth control!

Everything about the modern GOP is anti-woman, from work rules to healthcare issues to rape issues to using them as eye candy on Faux News. You're the American Taliban, all of you!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#57 Feb 8, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
Obama is going down for Benghazi.
"The skunk is about to arrive at the picnic," Inhofe said before questioning Panetta and Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
We know your party wants to manipulate the tragedy in Benghazi to try to bring down Obama, but it won't happen. It's too blatant, too obvious of a political play. The American people won't have it.

INHOFE is the biggest partisan skunk in Congress, he's been stinking it up for far too long. He's ignorant, partisan, arrogant, a complete thug and punk. Investigate him...I'm sure we can find some corruption and remove him before he does any more damage.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#58 Feb 8, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it IS disrespectful of YOU to call female Obama supporters "Obama Sluts," you filthy old man. What the HELL is the matter with you? NO Democrat does that! It's your vile buddy Limbaugh calls women "whores" and "sluts" if they even use birth control!
Everything about the modern GOP is anti-woman, from work rules to healthcare issues to rape issues to using them as eye candy on Faux News. You're the American Taliban, all of you!
Did you not watch the DNC? OBAMA SLUTS BUTTONS ON ALL WOMEN and they were proud to wear them - even Obama smiled. I have NEVER in my long life time ever seen a female like Susan Fluke who screamed for us TAX PAYERS to pay for her birth control pills so she could screw just any one she wanted. You watch MSN and they LIE and do not tell the truth - I might add they got caught. Continue to believe the BS Rachel Madow and Chris Mathews spew out of their mouth. There is so much humor in the LIES that anyone with an ounce of brain could not believe them if they wanted to.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#59 Feb 8, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not watch the DNC? OBAMA SLUTS BUTTONS ON ALL WOMEN and they were proud to wear them - even Obama smiled. I have NEVER in my long life time ever seen a female like Susan Fluke who screamed for us TAX PAYERS to pay for her birth control pills so she could screw just any one she wanted. You watch MSN and they LIE and do not tell the truth - I might add they got caught. Continue to believe the BS Rachel Madow and Chris Mathews spew out of their mouth. There is so much humor in the LIES that anyone with an ounce of brain could not believe them if they wanted to.
LOL....so irony's lost on you, isn't it old boy? Those women were wearing those buttons to MOCK YOUR BOY LIMBAUGH, don't you get it? Jesus...NO one can be this dumb, surely.

Your own sick, vicious, and dishonest comments about Ms. Fluke show you know what I'm talking about, that you know you're LYING, and that you yourself hate women and libs and Dems so much you're about to have a stroke.

Well, don't let ME get in your way...:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#60 Feb 8, 2013
This is the kind of nutty s--t I am talking about when I talk about 'liars on the far right.'

I quote a typical nutball:

"I have NEVER in my long life time ever seen a female like Susan Fluke who screamed for us TAX PAYERS to pay for her birth control pills so she could screw just any one she wanted."

I quote Ms Fluke's testimony:

"Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school. For a lot of students who, like me, are on public interest scholarships, that's practically an entire summer's salary. Forty percent of the female students at Georgetown Law reported to us that they've struggled financially as a result of this policy."

She further cites women who need birth control pills, specifically, because of medical conditions which they alleviate.

How her polite public testomony about women's financial needs for contraceptive coverage AS PART OF AN EXISTING INSURANCE PLAN can be twisted by sick, misogynist bastards like Limbaugh or the above poster into 'screaming for birth control to be paid for because they're sluts and whores' is beyond me. But it's clear that those who are guilty of this are women-hating, far-right, partisan political freaks.

Here's hoping it costs you MORE elections, losers.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#61 Feb 8, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....so irony's lost on you, isn't it old boy? Those women were wearing those buttons to MOCK YOUR BOY LIMBAUGH, don't you get it? Jesus...NO one can be this dumb, surely.
Your own sick, vicious, and dishonest comments about Ms. Fluke show you know what I'm talking about, that you know you're LYING, and that you yourself hate women and libs and Dems so much you're about to have a stroke.
Well, don't let ME get in your way...:)
Yes, the ones that were really dumb are the females that wore the SLUTS FOR OBAMA and it made them look like whores. Obama and the Dems hate women - the women that are working for Obama are NOT GETTING EQUAL PAY FOR EQUAL WORK, there are not as many women as men and what is even worse is the AA's that Obama forgot about. The statment that Reps hates women was another one of OBAMA'S LIES. I have to say that is the only thing he does well is LIE.

I am not about to have a stroke but it sounds like you have.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#62 Feb 8, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the ones that were really dumb are the females that wore the SLUTS FOR OBAMA and it made them look like whores. Obama and the Dems hate women - the women that are working for Obama are NOT GETTING EQUAL PAY FOR EQUAL WORK, there are not as many women as men and what is even worse is the AA's that Obama forgot about. The statment that Reps hates women was another one of OBAMA'S LIES. I have to say that is the only thing he does well is LIE.
I am not about to have a stroke but it sounds like you have.
I love the way you pretend you want "equal pay for equal work" and then love to run down women as "sluts and whores." I mean, do you even SEE how insane that looks to normal people?

Republicans spent the last election cycle attacking women - on contraception, abortion, rape, healthcare, etc. etc. That is a FACT. When you claim otherwise, or try to blame Dems, you are LYING.

See? That's how it works when you tell the truth. Try it sometime!:)
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#64 Feb 8, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the way you pretend you want "equal pay for equal work" and then love to run down women as "sluts and whores." I mean, do you even SEE how insane that looks to normal people?
Republicans spent the last election cycle attacking women - on contraception, abortion, rape, healthcare, etc. etc. That is a FACT. When you claim otherwise, or try to blame Dems, you are LYING.
See? That's how it works when you tell the truth. Try it sometime!:)
Do you know the difference between a lady and a slut? Reps are ladies and Dems are sluts. No matter how you screw with the words they always come out the same. For your information it was not only the Reps that got involved with abortion, healthcare, birth cotrol pills - it was also the Church and quite a few of the Dems. Look how many of the Dems that have been pardoned from the Obamacare which will cost all of us taxpayers. Reps did not attack women this is another LIE THAT OBAMA MADE UP, to cover up his shortcomings and broken promises that he made during his first election. He is not for Americans he is for himself and Muslims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lisa Murkowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oil prices ease as U.S. stockpiles seen rising Apr 22 barefoot2626 2
News Keystone pipeline wins Senate vote in victory f... Mar '15 Billy Ringo 56
News Democrats block Keystone bill in setback for Se... Feb '15 Le Jimbo 96
News Offshore drilling plan in Alaska may restrict p... Jan '15 TeaBagging for Am... 6
News Obama's Alaska move triggers fight Jan '15 Captain Yesterday 9
News Obama to propose protecting 1.4 million acres o... Jan '15 Captain Yesterday 8
News Obama to seek wilderness designation for Alaska... Jan '15 WeTheSheeple 24
More from around the web