Murkowski defends write-in Senate bid

Sep 19, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Boston.com

Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska says her write-in effort to re-enter the race to retain her seat in the Senate isn't undermining the Republican Party.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Remember in November

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Judged:

Her father was a senator and she became a senator. That's what we DON'T want in our country. Little area dynastys. The Kennedys of MA, the Daleys of Chicago, the Bushes and Clintons and Harry Reid and his son in NV trying to establish one.

NO to political dynasties in Both parties.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Judged:

This is great theater… with everything supposedly pointing in favor of the GOP to win big on election night, the republican Party is in such disarray as the tea-baggers purge the impure as they do everything to pull defeat from the jaws of victory.
Kahuna

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
This is great theater… with everything supposedly pointing in favor of the GOP to win big on election night, the republican Party is in such disarray as the tea-baggers purge the impure as they do everything to pull defeat from the jaws of victory.
As you surely know and revel in abusing the term 'tea-baggers' it has pejorative meaning much as 'ni___er does. Feel as comfortable using the N word? I thought as much...
Disarray? Taking 45 to 50 new GOP House seats and 7 to 9 new Senate seats is just the first two goals in the Hat Trick coming- Obambi is one and done.
Now to the subject: Murkowski is an impetuous spoiled legacy candidate with no loyalty or integrity. She will be "persuaded" to leave the write in fiasco in the end. Senator Miller awaits.
Tori Franklin

Hogansville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Who cares about undermining the republican party... She already has and obviously continues to UNDERMINE the United States of America!

Joe Wilson is superbly qualified and will do an awesome job for the people of Alaska and for our country!

Pull the SENATE & Court appointments out of Obama's/Reid’s control!

Awesome organization! 100% of funds go to the candidates' campaigns!

https://senateconservatives.com/takeamericaba...

Joe Miller, Marco Rubio, Ron Johnson, Pat Toomey, Dino Rossi, Sharon Angle, Ken Buck, Rand Paul, Mike Lee...

Since: Sep 07

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Judged:

Kahuna wrote:
<quoted text>As you surely know and revel in abusing the term 'tea-baggers' it has pejorative meaning much as 'ni___er does. Feel as comfortable using the N word? I thought as much...
Disarray? Taking 45 to 50 new GOP House seats and 7 to 9 new Senate seats is just the first two goals in the Hat Trick coming- Obambi is one and done.
Now to the subject: Murkowski is an impetuous spoiled legacy candidate with no loyalty or integrity. She will be "persuaded" to leave the write in fiasco in the end. Senator Miller awaits.
Okay I understand you shouldn't use the word "tea-baggers" but in no shape or form is that equivalent to the "n-word". No one has ever been killed being called a tea-b.
Protectionist

Jenks, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Judged:

I have just been advised to be nice and not offensive with my quotes, the nice people that sponsor this web site should advise you to do likewise when referring to the President, aren't all of you Americans that blog here working middle class? He doesn't discriminate , your the very people he is trying to help, not wall street, not the greedy rich, but you, all of we that are struggling for God sakes
just

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Judged:

Kahuna wrote:
<quoted text>As you surely know and revel in abusing the term 'tea-baggers' it has pejorative meaning much as 'ni___er does. Feel as comfortable using the N word? I thought as much...
think of jar head pat as a douchebagger

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Tori Franklin wrote:
Who cares about undermining the republican party... She already has and obviously continues to UNDERMINE the United States of America!
Joe Wilson is superbly qualified and will do an awesome job for the people of Alaska and for our country...
A write in campaign targeting a nominee on the ballot is a VERY difficult way to achieve victory. If Alaskan voters support Joe Miller with only normal enthusiasm, Senator Murkowski will be no threat.

However, if Alaskans view Miller's triumph as the result of out of state carpetbaggers coming into their state to run mud slinging ads and affect the outcome of their primary, the might resent it. And if enough Alaskans are angry, they might write in Murkowski on November 2.

Joe Miller won the Republican nomination. Nobody has yet won the Senate seat. The voters will decide that on Election Day.

How do Alaskans feel about the teabagger insurgency? Stay tuned!

Since: Jan 07

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Judged:

Divide and be conquered. Murkowski is creating an unnecessary rift in the GOP by her refusal to just accept the outcome of the primary. Her splitting the Republican vote in Alaska with a write-in will not win her reelection; neither she nor Miller will then have enough votes to defeat the Democratic opponent. I'm sure that by now we have all been reminded that only Sen. Strom Thurmond has ever won a write-in in a national election and that was sixty years ago.

It is interesting to note that the GOP thought it would be co-opting the TEA Party, riding on the enthusiasm of its members and supporters to promote their candidates. It would appear that for the GOP to succeed in regaining at least one of the houses, it needs the support of the TEA party as well as reciprocating with its own support of Tea Party primary winners. A strategic mistake has already been made with establishment Republicans initially bashing O'Donnell in her surprise win.

I don't see the GOP in disarray. However, I do see it evolving into a different party than it has been for a number of years. If this does not occur, I can see the emergence of a strong third party movement that will combine Independents, Libertarians and the disenfranchised from both major parties.

The fact is that people registered in both major parties are pretty much disgusted with the antics in Washington. Although Democratic registtration far exceeds Republican in my area, both house incumbents who represent my general area are behind in the polls. The open Senate seat may well go to a Republican as well. It seems that no one is a die-hard anything here, and are votiing against what is, rather than FOR what may be.

“Freedom Demands Responsibility”

Since: Aug 09

21st Century

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Woof, Look who is cheering Murkowsi's decision. Is there any doubt the DNC is lurking in the shadows offering Murkowski incentives if she successfully disrupts the Alaskan Republican Senatorial Campaign? However, Alaskans are smarter than Rahm Emmanual and his Chicago thugs. Murkowski will end up like Charlie (Tuna) Crist! Frankly, I thought the only state where Murkowsi could legally practice her profession was Nevada.
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Translation: While stomping her feet, "It's not fair, it's not fair, it's not fair!" Reminds me of Frank Burns.

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay I understand you shouldn't use the word "tea-baggers" but in no shape or form is that equivalent to the "n-word". No one has ever been killed being called a tea-b.
but someone has lost a finger in a fight to a left wing radical and many left wing radicals on topix has openly wished for violence and death against the tea partiers.

One of you donkeycrat congressmen in the NE had to Quit because he was so deranged by it and Palin, he openly admitted he wanted Palin DEAD.

You are a naive TWIT to think you left wing nutbags aren't the violent types. Your actions and words speak otherwise!
serfs up

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
The problem with your party is that there is no more money to fund your utopian dreams. Perhaps you will continue to get elected. but our demise towards fascism will continue at a much faster rate. The age of the uniform is now upon us as the age of wealth recedes. Life is cheapened in these times. Utopia is beautiful. But it takes perfection in how people act and live. And some are more entitled then others. An example is the recent wedding of Chelsea Clinton. Her two corrupted parents, his two corrupted parents...a five million dollar wedding and a bill paid by the us peons as they are so much more equal then us. If you took the "D" from their political persuasion they would make many republicans look like progressives. Which many are....

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

the Messiah wrote:
<quoted text>
but someone has lost a finger in a fight to a left wing radical and many left wing radicals on topix has openly wished for violence and death against the tea partiers.
One of you donkeycrat congressmen in the NE had to Quit because he was so deranged by it and Palin, he openly admitted he wanted Palin DEAD.
You are a naive TWIT to think you left wing nutbags aren't the violent types. Your actions and words speak otherwise!
(((CRICKETS)))

Again the words are not the same. If I remember if the tea partier had not put his finger in his face it wouldn't have been bitten. Go watch the video again.
Kahuna

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF!!! Two words for you, Matthew Shepard... look it up!

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Kahuna wrote:
<quoted text>WTF!!! Two words for you, Matthew Shepard... look it up!
Was the word teabagger used? No. Other incendiary words were. Prove me wrong.
Kahuna

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
Was the word teabagger used? No. Other incendiary words were. Prove me wrong.
Proving "Teabagger" was or wasn't used as Matthew Shepard was being tortured and killed would be as stupid and moot of an exercise as reading your postings as Matthew is dead. You were not there or am I wrong on that too? Maybe he was 'just' called a f@g or qu&&r. Those make you feel better I suppose. The only point was the term "Teabagger" is a perverse, demeaning, vile and adulterative dig at those you fear, don't like or want to succeed, just like the "N word" is meant to do. Capare?
Kahuna

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Should have writen:'Capere?', not 'Capare?'.

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

Kahuna wrote:
<quoted text>Proving "Teabagger" was or wasn't used as Matthew Shepard was being tortured and killed would be as stupid and moot of an exercise as reading your postings as Matthew is dead. You were not there or am I wrong on that too? Maybe he was 'just' called a f@g or qu&&r. Those make you feel better I suppose. The only point was the term "Teabagger" is a perverse, demeaning, vile and adulterative dig at those you fear, don't like or want to succeed, just like the "N word" is meant to do. Capare?
You again have taken what I said out of context to prove a point. If you followed the entire tet a tet I said teab... shouldn't be used BUT it couldn't be compared to the N-word.(other derogatory racial words do not hold the same weight as the n-word) I'm not nor have I disagreed with you about the young man that was killed but we were not talking about that. So let's agree to disagree. I still hold firm that the N-word is worse then the word tea....
Good day.
For Justice

Guilford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

FreeDog wrote:
Woof, Look who is cheering Murkowsi's decision. Is there any doubt the DNC is lurking in the shadows offering Murkowski incentives if she successfully disrupts the Alaskan Republican Senatorial Campaign? However, Alaskans are smarter than Rahm Emmanual and his Chicago thugs. Murkowski will end up like Charlie (Tuna) Crist! Frankly, I thought the only state where Murkowsi could legally practice her profession was Nevada.
Murkowsi is mad that she was defeated so she`s looking to split the Republican vote to give the Dumocrat the win. No different then Charlie Crist who is doing the same in Florida..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••