Another GOP 'last gasp' attack on Oba...

Another GOP 'last gasp' attack on Obamacare

There are 46 comments on the Capitol Hill Blue story from Sep 19, 2017, titled Another GOP 'last gasp' attack on Obamacare. In it, Capitol Hill Blue reports that:

Top Senate Republicans say their last-ditch push to uproot former President Barack Obama's health care law is gaining momentum. But they have less than two weeks to succeed and face a tough fight to win enough GOP support to reverse the summer's self-inflicted defeat on the party's high-priority issue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Capitol Hill Blue.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Red Crosse

Wilmington, IL

#1 Sep 19, 2017
This new replacement medical care bill has a good chance of passing, and working well for the American people. It won't get a Democrat vote, but that's fine. The American voters are watching.

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#2 Sep 19, 2017
The last gasp is Obamacare. It is not affordable, it is not health care, and it is not working.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#3 Sep 19, 2017
Remember, these are the same guys who constantly whine about big Gov't. and too much spending. Last night, the Senate overwhelmingly approved an $80 billion annual increase in military spending. Trump had asked for just $48 billion. That $80 billion increase in military spending is enough to have satisfied Bernie Sandersís campaign promise to make tuition free at public colleges and universities. (You may recall that when Bernie announced his proposal critics from both parties said the idea would bankrupt the country.)

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#4 Sep 19, 2017
spocko wrote:
Remember, these are the same guys who constantly whine about big Gov't. and too much spending. Last night, the Senate overwhelmingly approved an $80 billion annual increase in military spending. Trump had asked for just $48 billion. That $80 billion increase in military spending is enough to have satisfied Bernie Sandersís campaign promise to make tuition free at public colleges and universities.(You may recall that when Bernie announced his proposal critics from both parties said the idea would bankrupt the country.)
Lie of the Year:'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it ...
www.politifact.com/truth-o.../lie-year-if-you...
Dec 12, 2013 - We counted dozens of times that President Barack Obama said that if people liked their health plans, they could keep them.... "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," President Barack Obama said -- many times -- of his landmark new law.... For all of these reasons ...
Cofeve

United States

#5 Sep 19, 2017
CodeTalker wrote:
<quoted text>Lie of the Year:'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it ...
www.politifact.com/truth-o.../lie-year-if-you...
Dec 12, 2013 - We counted dozens of times that President Barack Obama said that if people liked their health plans, they could keep them.... "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," President Barack Obama said -- many times -- of his landmark new law.... For all of these reasons ...
2015 Lie of the Year : tRumps entire "presidential" campaign.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...
Cofeve

Madison, WI

#6 Sep 19, 2017
CodeTalker wrote:
<quoted text>Lie of the Year:'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it ...
www.politifact.com/truth-o.../lie-year-if-you...
Dec 12, 2013 - We counted dozens of times that President Barack Obama said that if people liked their health plans, they could keep them.... "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," President Barack Obama said -- many times -- of his landmark new law.... For all of these reasons ...
2016 Lie of the Year : What you use for "News" sources

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...

You're really not very bright, are you cupcake?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#7 Sep 19, 2017
Red Crosse wrote:
This new replacement medical care bill has a good chance of passing, and working well for the American people. It won't get a Democrat vote, but that's fine. The American voters are watching.
Yes, they sure are. Wouldn't it be lovely if 20 million voters lost their medical insurance? Learn to say "RAID" (Republican Party Is Dead".

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#8 Sep 19, 2017
CodeTalker wrote:
The last gasp is Obamacare. It is not affordable, it is not health care, and it is not working.
During talk of repeal, favorability toward Obamacare has risen sharply. In fact, it has resulted in people learning more about the provisions in Obamacare, and the more they understand it, the better they like it.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#9 Sep 19, 2017
About one third of Americans don't know that The Affordable Care Act and Obamacare are the same program.
Red Crosse

Wilmington, IL

#10 Sep 19, 2017
Let's see, I can have a top of the line military, or I can send a bunch of empty headed young creatures to college for free. Hmmmm. Pay for your own college. Lazy misbegotten creatures.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#11 Sep 19, 2017
The Republicans know that in order to pay for those tax cuts for the wealthy that they are so desperate to get, they have to gut Obamacare.

But, hey, aren't tax cuts for the rich worth a few hundred or thousand dead Americans?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#12 Sep 19, 2017
Red Crosse wrote:
Let's see, I can have a top of the line military, or I can send a bunch of empty headed young creatures to college for free. Hmmmm. Pay for your own college. Lazy misbegotten creatures.
We have by far the world's strongest military. College should be free.
Do you have a diploma from Anal Roberts University?

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#13 Sep 19, 2017
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>During talk of repeal, favorability toward Obamacare has risen sharply. In fact, it has resulted in people learning more about the provisions in Obamacare, and the more they understand it, the better they like it.
Attention fleabag!!! That's right azzhat...the fake news media turns a few ignorant morons into a huge crowd of cheering ignorant obamaroids and you equate such concocted crap with increased obamacare favorability.
Your only hope is the liar McCain continues to lie to his constituents and to America with another gutless thumbs down vote. I suggest you find someone who is under the Affordable Care Act Mandate and doing without to pay out the butt for a worthless insurance policy with a $5000.00 plus deductible and see what their obamacare favorability is.
Do you even have a clue to the percent of people who walk into a hospital and wind up at a funeral home? If you are no longer a taxpayer and you are old on SS a hospital death panel decides whether you live or die. How's that for favorability? If you are unresponsive to this post then it's safe to assume you were removed from life support..
spocko

Oakland, CA

#14 Sep 19, 2017
CodeTalker wrote:
<quoted text>Lie of the Year:'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it ...
www.politifact.com/truth-o.../lie-year-if-you...
Dec 12, 2013 - We counted dozens of times that President Barack Obama said that if people liked their health plans, they could keep them.... "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," President Barack Obama said -- many times -- of his landmark new law.... For all of these reasons ...
Yaaaawn ...

“4 years of Libs in agony!”

Since: Jan 11

Lake Geneva, WI

#15 Sep 19, 2017
spocko wrote:
Remember, these are the same guys who constantly whine about big Gov't. and too much spending. Last night, the Senate overwhelmingly approved an $80 billion annual increase in military spending. Trump had asked for just $48 billion. That $80 billion increase in military spending is enough to have satisfied Bernie Sandersís campaign promise to make tuition free at public colleges and universities.(You may recall that when Bernie announced his proposal critics from both parties said the idea would bankrupt the country.)
And 6 months ago we didn't have the rocketman launching missiles over Japan either.

That's the great thing about being a lefty, you can bitch when we spend money on defense, then if we don't spend that money, turn around and bitch about "not having done enough" if one of those missiles hits an ally or goes nuclear.

“4 years of Libs in agony!”

Since: Jan 11

Lake Geneva, WI

#16 Sep 19, 2017
Red Crosse wrote:
Let's see, I can have a top of the line military, or I can send a bunch of empty headed young creatures to college for free. Hmmmm. Pay for your own college. Lazy misbegotten creatures.
Just how much "free tuition" does it take to buy play-dough and coloring books?
Retribution

Bladensburg, MD

#17 Sep 19, 2017
BHM5267 wrote:
<quoted text>

And 6 months ago we didn't have the rocketman launching missiles over Japan either.

That's the great thing about being a lefty, you can bitch when we spend money on defense, then if we don't spend that money, turn around and bitch about "not having done enough" if one of those missiles hits an ally or goes nuclear.
Trump embarrassed the United States on the globsl stage once again. Then omits to say anything about Russia's annexation of Crimea and aggression.

If?

N Korea has missiles and w/o a doubt necular armaments and there's nothing anyone's going to do now. Donald Trump is stuck on stupid. All he's left with is provocative empty rhetoric.

America has never looked so weak than we do under the current president
Retribution

Bladensburg, MD

#18 Sep 19, 2017
Red Crosse wrote:
Let's see, I can have a top of the line military, or I can send a bunch of empty headed young creatures to college for free. Hmmmm. Pay for your own college. Lazy misbegotten creatures.
Not sufficiently investing in the American middle class families is how the United States has loss it's innovative advantage and requires foreigners for increased productivity in specialised fields.
Retribution

Bladensburg, MD

#19 Sep 19, 2017
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention fleabag!!! That's right azzhat...the fake news media turns a few ignorant morons into a huge crowd of cheering ignorant obamaroids and you equate such concocted crap with increased obamacare favorability.
Your only hope is the liar McCain continues to lie to his constituents and to America with another gutless thumbs down vote. I suggest you find someone who is under the Affordable Care Act Mandate and doing without to pay out the butt for a worthless insurance policy with a $5000.00 plus deductible and see what their obamacare favorability is.
Do you even have a clue to the percent of people who walk into a hospital and wind up at a funeral home? If you are no longer a taxpayer and you are old on SS a hospital death panel decides whether you live or die. How's that for favorability? If you are unresponsive to this post then it's safe to assume you were removed from life support..
McCain's not going to vote to toss hundreds of thousands of his constituents off of healthcare insurance to feed Republican thirst for tax cuts to benefit the wealthiest Americans.

Arizona has a 17.3% poverty rate like many red Republican States. Obviously those are residents with no hope of affording healthcare insurance at any price. Red states have more citizens on Medicaid than purchases in the individual healthcare insurance market

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#20 Sep 19, 2017
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention fleabag!!! That's right azzhat...the fake news media turns a few ignorant morons into a huge crowd of cheering ignorant obamaroids and you equate such concocted crap with increased obamacare favorability.
Your only hope is the liar McCain continues to lie to his constituents and to America with another gutless thumbs down vote. I suggest you find someone who is under the Affordable Care Act Mandate and doing without to pay out the butt for a worthless insurance policy with a $5000.00 plus deductible and see what their obamacare favorability is.
Do you even have a clue to the percent of people who walk into a hospital and wind up at a funeral home? If you are no longer a taxpayer and you are old on SS a hospital death panel decides whether you live or die. How's that for favorability? If you are unresponsive to this post then it's safe to assume you were removed from life support..
Your posts provoke unresponsiveness. You suffer from Sarah Palin Syndrome, a brain-eating disease.
Obamacare is not the program Obama wanted. It's the one he had to settle for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lindsey Graham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lindesy Graham is a Lap Dog for President Trump Sep 15 The Truth 1
News McCain stands by Palin (Feb '15) Sep 15 unreal 11
News Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court hearings include ... Sep 14 RedSoxFan-inGeorgia 5
News Lawmakers Dismiss White House Push to Fight Ele... Sep 13 tomin cali 1
News Brett Kavanaugh remains vague on Roe v. Wade, s... Sep 13 mr gleeble 54
News 'View': Sunny Hostin blasts Ivanka's 'poor taste' Sep 10 Donna 1
News Sen. Lindsey Graham predicts Judge Brett Kavana... Sep 6 Annie Oakly 9