Efforts to relax pot rules gaining mo...

Efforts to relax pot rules gaining momentum in US

There are 214 comments on the WTVG-TV Toledo story from Jun 10, 2012, titled Efforts to relax pot rules gaining momentum in US. In it, WTVG-TV Toledo reports that:

Catharine Leach is married and has two boys, age 2 and 8. She has a good job with a federal contractor and smokes pot most every day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVG-TV Toledo.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
goose

Carol Stream, IL

#1 Jun 10, 2012
I have no problem making it legal and taxing the cr@p out of it!

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#2 Jun 10, 2012
hmmmm.
steveo

Duluth, GA

#3 Jun 10, 2012
help the sick people who are addicted, nothing wrong with that. In this state in the private sector at least even if it was legal you still wouldn't be able to be employed.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#4 Jun 10, 2012
it's actually cheaper to send someone to rehab than it is to send them to prison, as a bonus, it's more effective as well.
steveo

Duluth, GA

#5 Jun 10, 2012
Plus it helps to employ lots of medical people which is a large part of us economy. we need more sick people from the us govt.
Guy Wiliford

Vinita, OK

#6 Jun 10, 2012
steveo wrote:
help the sick people who are addicted, nothing wrong with that. In this state in the private sector at least even if it was legal you still wouldn't be able to be employed.
Aw, there are thousands of people employed in the private sector in Georgia who smoke pot.
steveo

Duluth, GA

#7 Jun 10, 2012
Guy Wiliford wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, there are thousands of people employed in the private sector in Georgia who smoke pot.
At very high risk for a lot of grief if they ever get caught same goes for beer. Since moving here I even gave up my morning coffee.
John Deere

Carol Stream, IL

#8 Jun 10, 2012
Guy Wiliford wrote:
<quoted text>
OKC in finale sell mor beeer!!;-000h, congrat...king Jame#23 is hard to beat;)
bailout my duck

Hoffman Estates, IL

#9 Jun 10, 2012
save some bullets more homegrow in the subs
Your Ex

Montrose, CO

#10 Jun 10, 2012
Your Ex used to smoke the weed. Then he stopped & quickly got tired of putting up w/ peoples crap. Freeform jazz also became senseless noise.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#11 Jun 10, 2012
steveo wrote:
<quoted text>At very high risk for a lot of grief if they ever get caught same goes for beer. Since moving here I even gave up my morning coffee.
WHAT THE FREAK..steveo..Ya gave up your mornin' coffee..are ya daft man?? Notice how America is getting more and more "relaxed" anymore..it appears, it's easier to just "give in" and let the matter take care of itself. Like a screaming child having a tantrum on the floor in front of you..1) Do you just allow them to rant and rave..for a few minutes..to see if they tire out or 2) Pick them up and slap and yell at them to FREAKIN' behave or else 3) or, do ya just settle back until they stop..and tell ya WHY they are upset? SOMEBODY has to be the parent!!!! Give an inch, the kids will take a mile...What are ya gonna end up with??
germans and jews

Cambridge, MA

#12 Jun 10, 2012
USA is nazi germany part 2
german and jews screwed the USA with their war on terror / oil crap. now Americans are waiting for OUR liberation.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#13 Jun 10, 2012
Relaxing pot rules is a bad idea.

It affects the brain and will only lower the IQ's of the people who use it and make them more criminal prone.
Guy Wiliford

Vinita, OK

#14 Jun 10, 2012
Clayton Rockwell wrote:
Relaxing pot rules is a bad idea.
It affects the brain and will only lower the IQ's of the people who use it and make them more criminal prone.
You really don't believe that, do you?
Gravediggers

United States

#15 Jun 10, 2012
We've already have problems with alcohol and other drugs in this country. Plus the health implications are another factor that has to be considered.

“DONT BELIEVE FAKE RUSSIA”

Since: Mar 09

CONSPIRACIES BY FAKE NEWS!

#16 Jun 10, 2012
Why not? We have a DopeHead-in-chief.
radiofreeamerica

Tampa, FL

#17 Jun 10, 2012
This is a stupid story by a left-wing media who is simply pushing their favorite "reform".The TV station is probably tired of bailing out their pot head journalists so they*re going to go with this story while the subject matter is "hot".If this lady smoked three packs of cigarettes and drank whiskey everyday do you think this TV station would run a story suggesting a relaxation of liquor laws and cigarette regulations?The news media suffers from Mayor Bloomberg syndrome.If you sell donuts and like pot you*re OK with him.But apparently the soda companies aren*t contributing enough money to his campaign fund raising.
radiofreeamerica

Tampa, FL

#18 Jun 10, 2012
Guy Wiliford wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't believe that, do you?
Do you think smoking crap is good for your health?
drinK the Hive

New York, NY

#19 Jun 10, 2012
That's The Kind Of Internal Dialogue I Try 2 Adopt...

http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/...
Guy Wiliford

Vinita, OK

#20 Jun 10, 2012
radiofreeamerica wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think smoking crap is good for your health?
I don't think it is good for one's health, but I don't believe it is particularly harmful. At least not anymore harmful that a great number of things which are legal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincoln Chafee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Democratic presidential candidate blasts... Feb '17 Barbara P Bush 13
News Chafee blasts media over Trump 'onslaught,' met... Feb '17 yep 1
News Fight to legalize gay marriage in Rhode Island (Jan '13) May '16 Sandra Joseph 525
News RI high court rules privacy outweighs access in... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News Deadly RI nightclub fire remembered 10 years later (Feb '13) Jan '16 Stephanie 3
News #MemeOfTheWeek: The Strange, Sad Case Of #FeelT... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Crazy Jae 3
News Democratic Candidate: Rare Honesty On Immigration (Aug '15) Aug '15 wild child 1
More from around the web