Lieberman Likely To Keep Senate Commi...

Lieberman Likely To Keep Senate Committee Chairmanship

There are 74 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Nov 18, 2008, titled Lieberman Likely To Keep Senate Committee Chairmanship. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Joe Lieberman will escape major punishment when Senate Democrats meet this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Hello, I must be going.”

Since: Nov 08

Pomfret

#2 Nov 18, 2008
If history is any guide the Dems may lose seats in 2010. They may need Joe L's vote after that. I guess they realise that if they punish him now he will probably pay them back in 2010 with some hefty demands. I think the Dems in the Senate are guided by pragmatism not anger and anti-semitism.
Stromberg

Rémy, France

#3 Nov 18, 2008
It's not an elected body it's a country club. What voters decide doesn't matter, it has no bearing on the politics being made. Impressive - the US really is the laughing stock of the world.
oh Joe

Avon, CT

#4 Nov 18, 2008
So Joe campaigns with Republican McCain; makes disparaging comments about Barack Obama; insults the democrats who elected him; doesn't have time to represent his constituents in Connecticut because he is to busy helping republicans elsewhere in the country and jumping up to be sure he is in every photo op; has shown general distain for democrats AND states it's unacceptable to have him removed as chairman of Homeland Security Committee..who does Joe really care about? It seems he only cares about JOE! If he was a Republican, and did this, I am sure the Republicans would have booted him out immediately. Only democrats allow such outrageous behavior.
Dumbstruck

Yonkers, NY

#7 Nov 18, 2008
It is always a mistake to placate a blackmailer.
GEO

United States

#10 Nov 18, 2008
Funny how the Liberals complain that Bush made America hated by the World and then they hate Lieberman for supporting a country that supports America. You want your cake and eat it too. Some People are nuts!
Abbie Hofffman

South Windsor, CT

#11 Nov 18, 2008
Get rid of him .
Maureen

Newington, CT

#12 Nov 18, 2008
Lieberman should know that Democrats are not allowed to have their own thoughts and must always follow the party line.
TellLamonttogoho me

United States

#13 Nov 18, 2008
GEO wrote:
Funny how the Liberals complain that Bush made America hated by the World and then they hate Lieberman for supporting a country that supports America. You want your cake and eat it too. Some People are nuts!
As George Carlin said in one of his routines "Some People are f***en Stupid!!!! and the Liberals are really f***en Stupid.
GEO

United States

#15 Nov 18, 2008
Maureen wrote:
Lieberman should know that Democrats are not allowed to have their own thoughts and must always follow the party line.
Pretty bad when they have their self interests before the interests of the people they serve.

Nothing new!
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#16 Nov 18, 2008
Watch for Joe Lieberman to get a free scholarship to the new Re-education Camp the incoming adminstration is planning to open soon in Guantanamo Bay.
dvan

Newington, CT

#17 Nov 18, 2008
2 more years and we can VOTE him out with Dodd
joe

Newington, CT

#18 Nov 18, 2008
oh Joe wrote:
So Joe campaigns with Republican McCain; makes disparaging comments about Barack Obama; insults the democrats who elected him; doesn't have time to represent his constituents in Connecticut because he is to busy helping republicans elsewhere in the country and jumping up to be sure he is in every photo op; has shown general distain for democrats AND states it's unacceptable to have him removed as chairman of Homeland Security Committee..who does Joe really care about? It seems he only cares about JOE! If he was a Republican, and did this, I am sure the Republicans would have booted him out immediately. Only democrats allow such outrageous behavior.
Get it straight, It wasn't just democraps thet elected him. If only democrats voted for him, he would not have been elected. He represents all of us, not just democrats.

“Hello, I must be going.”

Since: Nov 08

Pomfret

#19 Nov 18, 2008
dvan - Joe's has 4 more years. Senators serve 6 year terms and he was last reelected in 2006.
Bolo

Snook, TX

#20 Nov 18, 2008
Knowing the democrats and politics I am sure they are going to stick it to Joe somehow. That is the way they work. I for one would like to see both sides knock off the political nonsense and get down to running the country. In case the politicians have not noticed lately we have some serious problems. So for what it is worth politicians do what is right, get behind the new president elect and move forward in a positive direction. Never mind the political party.
joe

Newington, CT

#21 Nov 18, 2008
The Democrats are spineless. The will vote using a secret ballot. They do not want anyone to know ho they voted. Real standup people.
Patricia Gilbert

United States

#22 Nov 18, 2008
The vote has not yet taken place. Perhaps (and for the sake of the Democratic Senators ---especially, Chris Dodd) they will develop some backbone before they vote this morning. After all, it is a secret vote and Joe deserves to lose his chairmanship of Homeland Security. If not, they will be as "weak-kneed and lily livered" as some people have thought they were. Wake up Senators.
Ron

Winsted, CT

#23 Nov 18, 2008
TellLamonttogohome wrote:
<quoted text>
As George Carlin said in one of his routines "Some People are f***en Stupid!!!! and the Liberals are really f***en Stupid.
This says it all:
http://www.howobamagotelected.com/
Frank Lindstrom

Harwinton, CT

#24 Nov 18, 2008
GEO wrote:
This has NOTHING to do with Israel. Since when did Joe become the only Senator who believes that Israel deserves our defense?

By the way, until the mentally ill faction of the left accepts the fact that Israel deserves our help because they believe in human rights and democracy, in contrast to the misogynist, primitive, murderers that run the Muslim governments of the Middle East, we're going to get nowhere.

There's no shortage of Jew haters on either side of the political spectrum, or in society today, but that's because people don't understand the meaning of NEVER AGAIN.

Dump Joe - he's a traitor, a megalomaniac, and derelict in his duty to the people of Connecticut.

Right out of the gate, the Dems are showing us that they really are no different from the Republicans.
Moknows

AOL

#25 Nov 18, 2008
Democrats want to sit down and make peace with Chavez, Castro and Ahmadinejad but want to go to war with Lieberman.

These are the geniuses in control of our country?
tich tich

Windsor Locks, CT

#27 Nov 18, 2008
If you liked Rumsfeld, then you've got to like the Lieb. Maybe we can even keep Bush, too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ken Salazar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Campaign 2008OBAMA, Palin Stump in Colorado, Pr... (Oct '15) May '17 swedenforever 2
News Democratic congressman announces run for Colora... (Apr '17) Apr '17 CodeTalker 3
News 9NEWS - Top News Article - FBI questions ex-wif... (Aug '07) Jan '17 Anonymous 276
News Clinton campaign announces White House transiti... (Aug '16) Sep '16 Cordwainer Trout 10
News Clinton's Transition Team: A Corporate Presiden... (Aug '16) Aug '16 vote for Jill Stein 1
News Campaign 2008OBAMA, Palin Stump in Colorado, Pr... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Elise Gingersnick 1
News Colorado ex-Gov. Bill Ritter on short list for ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 RADIO - NICOLAS 1
More from around the web