Mitt Romney Gets Ready to Enter History

Mitt Romney Gets Ready to Enter History

There are 55 comments on the www.theatlantic.com story from Jan 9, 2012, titled Mitt Romney Gets Ready to Enter History. In it, www.theatlantic.com reports that:

The reality seems to be sinking in for the likely Republican nominee, but the moment is less triumphant than precarious.

All but assured of a glide path to the Republican presidential nomination after Tuesday's New Hampshire primary, Romney has begun to openly contemplate the import of what he is about to achieve. "I have to tell you, this chance to run for president of the United States," he said at a campaign rally here Sunday afternoon in what appeared to be an impromptu detour from his stump speech.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.theatlantic.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#44 Jan 10, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
But oh, if we call the whole thing off,
the we must fart,
And oh, if we ever fart
Then that might tip their cart.
You say pajama, and I say Obama.
Let's stay calmer than Vasco de Gama (?!),
Obama pajama, a llama, yo mama,
Let's call the whole thing nuts.
Deal.

Since: Dec 07

Murchison, TX

#45 Jan 10, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>But still we cross swords, Your Lowness.
Aye, and I'll cut your willie off and send it home in a sheep's stomach. Your wife can have hagus.
rider

Marquette, MI

#46 Jan 10, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Ron Paul is far too liberal to get nominated. His only appeal is to pot-smoking, draft-dodging, free-lov'in hippies. He needs to concede immediately and throw all his support behind Romney, is is BY FAR the most qualified and most conservative candidate. He has spent his life proving that he is of high moral character, and has a record of proven leadership.
Romney 2012!

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#47 Jan 10, 2012
Visited a museum once in Scotland, run by two old ladies. Their featured exhibit was an iron lung.

Regards,
Mull of Kintyre and Isle of Islay

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#48 Jan 10, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Aye, and I'll cut your willie off and send it home in a sheep's stomach. Your wife can have hagus.
Jesus, that's good. You're the next Robbie Burns.
Gary Bauer s Vas Deferens

Philadelphia, PA

#49 Jan 10, 2012
the burning question wrote:
Has any other candidate seeking the office of the Presidency ever had the first name of Willard ?
Millard Fillmore.

Close...can I have a judge's ruling?
Gary Bauer s Vas Deferens

Philadelphia, PA

#50 Jan 10, 2012
Oops, I see I was late to the Whig party.

Spring, TX

#51 Jan 10, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus, that's good. You're the next Robbie Burns.
Should auld acquaintance be forgot.....

Mom was RAF WWII from Scotland. Hence the Thistles.
ussurf

Airville, PA

#53 Jan 10, 2012
It doesn't matter who you vote for Romney will win. He is the GOP pet project.We do not have a choice.
The constitution is not worth the paper it is written on.
Victor the Predictor

Brooksville, FL

#54 Jan 11, 2012
Willard Romney will fail to attain the Presidency as he has in the past.

His teleprompter acceptance win in New Hampshire will do him absolutely no good in South Carolina.
He's now entering territory where people know and realize what he's all about.
ussurf

Airville, PA

#56 Jan 11, 2012
Perhaps the," ole southern shun" would be greatly appreciated by many in this great land.

Murchison, TX

#57 Jan 11, 2012
Victor the Predictor wrote:
Willard Romney will fail to attain the Presidency as he has in the past.
His teleprompter acceptance win in New Hampshire will do him absolutely no good in South Carolina.
He's now entering territory where people know and realize what he's all about.
You predicted the dems would keep the house in 2010 also. So much for that!

Murchison, TX

#58 Jan 11, 2012
ussurf wrote:
Perhaps the," ole southern shun" would be greatly appreciated by many in this great land.
Yeah, we shun nobama as we did in 2008. More are joining us.
ussurf

York, PA

#60 Jan 18, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we shun nobama as we did in 2008. More are joining us.
Newt 2012!
swedenforever

Laurel, MD

#61 Jan 18, 2012
"In July 2007, Bush tapped Paulson, then the head of Goldman Sachs, to guide the nation's economy. To his nomination ceremony Paulson invited his friend and hand-selected successor to helm the investment bank, Lloyd Blankfein. And as the financial crisis unfolded, Paulson repeatedly acted as though he were still a partner at the firm that made him a $700 million man.
According to Paulson's own memoir, Blankfein kept on him on speed dial. On a Saturday morning in mid-March 2008, the chairman of Goldman Sachs called the Treasury secretary, at his home, to demand the Bush administration find a buyer for faltering investment bank Bear Stearns ó to whose debt Goldman was significantly exposed.
"Lloyd went over the market with me," Paulson writes, "His conclusion was apocalyptic. The market expected a Bear rescue. If there wasnít one all hell would break loose." Goldman got its wish, Treasury married off Bear to rival JP Morgan ó after agreeing to make taxpayers responsible for up to $30 billion in Bearís bad debts, then a record bailout.
Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/na...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Kelly Ayotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maine needs leadership, not acrimony, to pass a... Jun 26 longtail 1
News Damaged but defiant, Trump limps toward debate ... (Oct '16) Jun '17 WelbyMD 208
News Democrat Group Plans $25 Million Ad Campaign To... Apr '17 Marauder 15
News GOP pragmatists protest tea party shutdown tactics (Sep '15) Apr '17 RINO Surrender 45
News Few clues on how a Justice Gorsuch would vote o... Mar '17 BHM5267 2
News Republican Party Clinches House, Senate (Nov '16) Mar '17 Djs 2
News Sen. Hassan meets with Supreme Court nominee Go... Mar '17 slick willie expl... 24
More from around the web