Mitt Romney Gets Ready to Enter History

Mitt Romney Gets Ready to Enter History

There are 55 comments on the www.theatlantic.com story from Jan 9, 2012, titled Mitt Romney Gets Ready to Enter History. In it, www.theatlantic.com reports that:

The reality seems to be sinking in for the likely Republican nominee, but the moment is less triumphant than precarious.

All but assured of a glide path to the Republican presidential nomination after Tuesday's New Hampshire primary, Romney has begun to openly contemplate the import of what he is about to achieve. "I have to tell you, this chance to run for president of the United States," he said at a campaign rally here Sunday afternoon in what appeared to be an impromptu detour from his stump speech.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.theatlantic.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
goose

Carol Stream, IL

#1 Jan 9, 2012
Mr Bill hopes it is, after all that is who they want it to be. McCain was "their pick" in 08 as well and you saw where that got the Republicans.

Romney is not assured of nomination ... too early to say that.

Mr Bill has no love for a Republican winning so shout support for the one the left would most like to see run against B.O.
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#2 Jan 9, 2012
BETTER THAN THE MAD HATTER OBAMA in the WH..
ya Cannot make this STUFF up!...LOONY INSANITY1

HUSSIENS TRANSPARENT LOONY NITWIT PARTY??...These People are out of touch with AMERICA!...The intent was good for those who attended.BUT..THIS LAVISH MADDNESS???..

The First FAT ASS running AMUCK!......Even GIBBS CUSSED HER OUT..and is Gone,So too RAHM..he is gone also!!.YOU TELL ME"

OBAMAS LOONY BIN!!!

"J.FRED MUGGS" would be a welcome replacement....LOONY EXCESS!

White House threw secret 'ALICE IN WONDERLAND' bash...

'Punch served in blood vials'...

WH 'covered up'...

Officials 'nervous about how splashy party would look to jobless Americans'...

WH:'You can't believe everything you read in books these days'...

Did media know all about party, say nothing?

In "The Obamas," New York Times correspondent Jodi Kantor writes that the White House decided to downplay the expensive Halloween party over fears of a public backlash, since it was taking place during the height of the recession.

"White House officials were so nervous about how a splashy, Hollywood-esque party would look to jobless Americans — or their representatives in Congress, who would soon vote on health care — that the event was not discussed publicly and Burton's and Depp's contributions went unacknowledged," Kantor writes.

The party itself was designed by director Tim Burton, who helped transform the East Room and State Dining Room into a "White House Wonderland." More from the book:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/white-ho...

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#3 Jan 9, 2012
goose wrote:
Mr Bill hopes it is, after all that is who they want it to be. McCain was "their pick" in 08 as well and you saw where that got the Republicans.
Mr Bill has no love for a Republican winning so shout support for the one the left would most like to see run against B.O.
I don't understand your raving; but I will state this for you:

Mr_Bill prefers the best of both parties to run against each other.

Mr_Bill did not vote for President Obama in the primaries.

Mr_Bill could not vote for the crazy guy with the idiot cutie for pres & VP in '08.

Mr_Bill does hope that either Mr. Huntsman, or Romney, or Christie get the GOP nod.

The rest of the GOP field, including (probably) your choice, are morons or monsters.
Awake and Aware

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jan 9, 2012
The only difference between Romney and Obama is the R and D behind their names.

Even McCain can't tell them apart.

Billy Ringo

United States

#5 Jan 9, 2012
Mittens has been running for POTUS for 6 years now.
Theo

Germany

#6 Jan 9, 2012
goose wrote:
saying openly he is rather not good candidate and if he would get this nomination it will bring big losses for USA ( new wars, new speculations etc.). People should think what they do. It gets about future of their country. This man is such candidate as Bush and he has nothing to offer. The only really good candidate in USA is Ron Paul, he should get this nomination. People do not make such mistakes like it was done 8 years ago. It is enough. Now in times of crisis, it must be the best candidate among republicans and the best and the smartest and the wisest man is Ron Paul. He is really great politician, the proud of your country. This man should be supported.

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#7 Jan 9, 2012
When Mitt Romney made the politically suicidal comment,“I like to be able to FIRE people” it reinforces the “corporations are people too”-out of touch-rich pompous pious baloney that most Americans already associate him with.

WOW, this is the worst thing that flip flopping Mitt could have said (another great day for President Obama as the front-running phony of the GOP just imploded big time). I can’t wait to see that comment looped in the Main Stream Media and in DNCC commercials, LOL!

OBAMA 2012… winning in another landslide.
Larry Craig s Stance

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jan 9, 2012
I only hope the rumors of Mitt's investing in abortion providers in some way (REITs?) turn out to be true.

That will be such a laugh as I've never had.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#10 Jan 9, 2012
Theo wrote:
<quoted text>
saying openly he is rather not good candidate and if he would get this nomination it will bring big losses for USA ( new wars, new speculations etc.). People should think what they do. It gets about future of their country. This man is such candidate as Bush and he has nothing to offer. The only really good candidate in USA is Ron Paul, he should get this nomination. People do not make such mistakes like it was done 8 years ago. It is enough. Now in times of crisis, it must be the best candidate among republicans and the best and the smartest and the wisest man is Ron Paul. He is really great politician, the proud of your country. This man should be supported.
HA HA, what a comedian you are.

Hold your breath for "president" Ron Paul........

Still holding?.......

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#11 Jan 9, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
When Mitt Romney made the politically suicidal comment,“I like to be able to FIRE people” it reinforces the “corporations are people too”-out of touch-rich pompous pious baloney that most Americans already associate him with.
WOW, this is the worst thing that flip flopping Mitt could have said (another great day for President Obama as the front-running phony of the GOP just imploded big time). I can’t wait to see that comment looped in the Main Stream Media and in DNCC commercials, LOL!
There is a certain thrill of power in firing somebody....
......thinking of them being thrown out into the street;
......thinking of the kids unable to go on to college;
......thinking of the little girl having to wear someone else's used clothing;
......thinking of the little boy wearing busted sneakers;
......thinking of the probable divorce you caused;

In fact, it is almost as much fun as pouring gasoline on helpless pets and lighting them up.

Ah, absolute power; WHAT A THRILL !

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#12 Jan 9, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Flip flopping??

I will end the Patriot Act--(still there)
I will close Gitmo--(still there)
Reversing his two-year-old order halting new military charges against detainees at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, permitting military trials to resume with revamped procedures but implicitly admitting the failure of his pledge to close the prison camp.
Continuing renditions of terror suspects
Ordering military action in Libya without seeking Congressional authorisation AFTER saying in 2007
“The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." BHO!

Dropping Third Site missile defences in order to appease the Russians AFTER his campaing speech
"As long as the threat from Iran persists, we will go forward with a missile defense system that is cost-effective and proven."

Letting Sudan off the hook for the Darfur genocide
Backing a federal Europe after defending national sovereignty
Dumping Mubarak in Egypt after calling him a "stalwart ally"
Killing the NASA manned space program AFTER a campaign speech said, "
"As president, I'll make our space program a priority again by devoting the attention and resources needed to not only inspire the world with feats of exploration but also improve life here on Earth."

Barrack Obama-KING of the flip floppers!

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#13 Jan 9, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, it is almost as much fun as pouring gasoline on helpless pets and lighting them up.
Sounds like the democratic controlled city ghetto's!
cjrian

United States

#14 Jan 9, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
Exactly what does any of that have to do with job performance?

The very nature of an executive is to retain efficiency and to boot out the inefficient. It is up to the employee/contractor to be responsible for their own family, not the boss.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#15 Jan 9, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand your raving; but I will state this for you:
Mr_Bill prefers the best of both parties to run against each other.
Mr_Bill did not vote for President Obama in the primaries.
Mr_Bill could not vote for the crazy guy with the idiot cutie for pres & VP in '08.
Mr_Bill does hope that either Mr. Huntsman, or Romney, or Christie get the GOP nod.
The rest of the GOP field, including (probably) your choice, are morons or monsters.
Yeah, give it to Christie. He'll fill his cabinet wit some a dem Joisey Boys, know what ahm sayin'?

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#16 Jan 9, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, give it to Christie. He'll fill his cabinet wit some a dem Joisey Boys, know what ahm sayin'?
Tony Soprano as Attorney General?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#17 Jan 9, 2012
Madaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony Soprano as Attorney General?
I had him in mind for Secretary of Offense.

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#18 Jan 9, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I had him in mind for Secretary of Offense.
We better shuddup RIGHT NOW or we could wind up with concrete overshoes!

Know what I am sayin'?
Larry Craig s Stance

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Jan 9, 2012
Romney oozes some kind of sociopathic falseness, imo, whether or not he changes "long held, heartfelt, core beliefs" every five years or so for electoral advantage. A vacuous cipher. You wouldn't want to have a couple of beers with him even if he drank, but you wouldn't hire him to tutor you kid, either.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#20 Jan 10, 2012
What first non Christian-president?

Most hypocritical?

Biggest Flip-Flopper?

Biggest liar?

&fe ature=related
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#21 Jan 10, 2012
Romney's first priority, once he's president, will be to get his hands on the census files and follow his covenant with his Mormon church. He'll register all are names in the Book of Mormon as converts. His second priority will be to continue the raid on the Treasury.

You can't trusts these guys.

RON PAUL 2012!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Kelly Ayotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Out-of-staters may have won New Hampshire for C... Oct '17 Mick 93
News Maine needs leadership, not acrimony, to pass a... Jun '17 longtail 1
News Damaged but defiant, Trump limps toward debate ... (Oct '16) Jun '17 WelbyMD 208
News Democrat Group Plans $25 Million Ad Campaign To... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Marauder 15
News GOP pragmatists protest tea party shutdown tactics (Sep '15) Apr '17 RINO Surrender 45
News Few clues on how a Justice Gorsuch would vote o... (Mar '17) Mar '17 BHM5267 2
News Republican Party Clinches House, Senate (Nov '16) Mar '17 Djs 2
More from around the web