Recruitment by for-profit colleges ta...

Recruitment by for-profit colleges targeted

There are 4 comments on the SavannahNow story from Apr 18, 2012, titled Recruitment by for-profit colleges targeted. In it, SavannahNow reports that:

Sens. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa, and Kay Hagan, D-N.C., introduced a bill Wednesday to prohibit colleges of all kinds from using dollars from federal student assistance programs to pay for advertising.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SavannahNow.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#1 Apr 18, 2012
These "schools" are rip-offs. They rip off taxpayers by doing just enough to be able to get Pell Grants and financial aid from recruits.

The the recruits find out that "business administration" degree from WestWood College is worthless.
Sheik Yerbouti

Chalfont, PA

#2 Apr 18, 2012
Most of these 'schools' do not meet basic standards and cost much more than legitimate schools. Employers know just how worthless 'degrees' from these schools are! They need to be shut down and are a total waste of taxpayer education dollars. How do these vermin sleep at night. They prey on the military like flies on excrement! At some of these 'schools' 90% of their income is derived from government loans and grants.'University' of phoenix and strayer are the two biggest offenders!
Insomnia Not

Aledo, IL

#3 Apr 18, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Most of these 'schools' do not meet basic standards and cost much more than legitimate schools. Employers know just how worthless 'degrees' from these schools are! They need to be shut down and are a total waste of taxpayer education dollars. How do these vermin sleep at night. They prey on the military like flies on excrement! At some of these 'schools' 90% of their income is derived from government loans and grants.'University' of phoenix and strayer are the two biggest offenders!
I was in a sauna talking to an individual who was a recruiting agent for one of these types of schools and we were talking about all the military men and women who would be enrolling in higher education and I could see by the way he was talking and how his beady little mind was working on how he was going to get in on all that cash. I couldn't take it anymore and got up and walked out. I quarantee this man has no problem sleeping.
imaginaryfriend

Sterling Heights, MI

#4 Apr 18, 2012
Repugbullies want everything privatized!! They are Anti-American!! No roads except toll, no public schools, no postal service, nothing for you unless you pay a big fee on top of taxes. GREED is GOOD is their mantra.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Kay Hagan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Black Democrats bemoan decision to run from Obama (Nov '14) Jul '15 Abdurratln 7
News Why Democrats Fear Compromise on the DHS Fundin... (Feb '15) Feb '15 tomin cali 1
Are you Ready for Kay Hagan in 2016? (Feb '15) Feb '15 Gabe 1
News Have Black Voters Left the Building? (Dec '14) Dec '14 Cordwainer Trout 4
News Why GOP won: Shifting white votes hurt Democrats (Nov '14) Dec '14 spud 373
News Al Franken's record, sized up (Oct '14) Nov '14 MinniAfrica 12
News Election 2014: Results Show Limits of Big Data (Nov '14) Nov '14 tha Professor 8
More from around the web