Partisan divide still wide | The Colu...

Partisan divide still wide | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 8 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 4, 2010, titled Partisan divide still wide | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

It was the eve of last year's New Hampshire primary, and Democrat Barack Obama promised a sharp departure from the past if he won the presidency.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

PinCMH

Nashport, OH

#1 Jan 4, 2010
I am disappointed when I hear that the lack of bipartisanship is somehow President Obama's failure. He promised to reach out. He did. The GOP has told him and the electorate where to go. This story leads with the President's supposed failure and meanders its way toward discussing the GOP strategy.

I wonder what might have been possible had the GOP only been the party of "no" to Cheney, his neo-con cabal, the financial plunder sector, and a deficit to finance tax cuts for the rich and wars fought by the poor.

The President is doing just fine in this environment and with the unprecedented mess he was handed.
Glasnos

Apopka, FL

#3 Jan 4, 2010
PinCMH wrote:
I am disappointed when I hear that the lack of bipartisanship is somehow President Obama's failure. He promised to reach out. He did. The GOP has told him and the electorate where to go. This story leads with the President's supposed failure and meanders its way toward discussing the GOP strategy.
I wonder what might have been possible had the GOP only been the party of "no" to Cheney, his neo-con cabal, the financial plunder sector, and a deficit to finance tax cuts for the rich and wars fought by the poor.
The President is doing just fine in this environment and with the unprecedented mess he was handed.
You live in never never land ... don't you Peter?
Obama would not know the truth if it was gold plated.
Obama promised "transparency" and bi-partisanship and a lobby free government. What we got is the most secretive,underhanded, partisan, special interest driven government in history.
It is BIGGGG

Fremont, OH

#4 Jan 4, 2010
The only thing BIG coming out of this White House is Michelle's huge arse.
Get over it

Fremont, OH

#5 Jan 4, 2010
PinCMH wrote:
Bush & Cheney are out. This is Barack Insane Obama's game now. Quit blaming every failure on the past administration.
the truth

Newark, OH

#6 Jan 4, 2010
In the words of the chosen on Obama big ears bin laden,( we are days away from fefroming the country)

Code for take the rights away from the people and turn the USA in a marxist state to redistrabute the wealth and enslave the people.

Tax everyone and take their homes, control their healthcare and food and roof so they have to bow to big government and the DNC the party of lies.

Obama lies Americans die

Libs lie freedom dies

DNC lies grandma dies

Cap and tax lies US jobs die

It is time for change kick all dems out of office and any reps must sign an agreement with the people that they will get back to the law of the land not progressive agenda to stay in power.

Take all of the perks that they are from retirement for life, better healthcare and everything else they get that someone in business does not get. They work for us not we work for them.

Send all of the libs and their radical pals and czars to jail in gitmo where they belong.

Impeach the left and try them for treason, as they do not follow the oaths they have taken.
KJB

Lancaster, OH

#7 Jan 4, 2010
Things are totally worse than when Bush was in office. If you ask me, the Republicans are not conservatie enough and they need to keep voting no on all of these unconstitutional bills the Democrats keep passing. Bush was too liberal as well!
I see signs at Meijer and Giant Eagle saying "Free Anti Biotics"! Have you ever seen this? Competition is what brings costs down, not government control!
I already feel so smothered in this country by laws meant to control me. Things will continue to get worse if these Democrats keep getting their way with everything. Vote them out!
the truth

Newark, OH

#8 Jan 4, 2010
PinCMH wrote:
You are not only a fool but a brain dead one celled slug. Obama and the DNC deathcare would (kill the likes of you fast) as you are a waist of food and carbon credits.

Hows the hope and change doing for you now?

The DNC is the party of lies and Marx.
Angry Young American

Columbus, OH

#9 Jan 4, 2010
Both sides of the Center party (also known as Dems and Reps) have a vested interest in demonizing the other side to keep votes and campaign contributions coming in. Their actual stands on the issues (esp. foreign policy) are basically the same, but they play good cop-bad cop with the voter to maintain the illusion that there are real differences.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Judd Gregg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump looks to refocus his presidency in addres... Mar 12 too much 276
News New Hampshire has a new governor - but only for... Jan '17 Pope Closet Emeritus 6
News UPDATE 1-Trump vs Clinton: Debate will mark big... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Kiss6729 9
News Bush calls for campaign - reset' in N.H. primary (Feb '16) Feb '16 Wehms2 2
News Letter: Oppose tuition deal for illegal immigrants (Jun '09) May '15 Swedenforever 3
News Wyden bringing ambitious agenda to a powerful n... (Jan '14) Jan '14 fatbacks x 1
News Report: NH roads, bridges failing fast (Feb '13) Feb '13 grounded in reality 1
More from around the web