Repeal long overdue

Repeal long overdue

There are 13 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Dec 21, 2010, titled Repeal long overdue. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

While it's still waiting for the president's approval, the Senate on Saturday took the step to end one of the most glaring examples of discrimination masquerading as law in our country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

tom

West Palm Beach, FL

#1 Dec 21, 2010
For several years I've contemplated and hoped for a way to dissuade young American men from making the very noble and but misgiuded decision to join the senseless campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan. I've watched them lose limbs, minds and life and then have their sacrifice extolled by media freaks like Nancy Grace. The passage of this law will deal an enormous blow to the tradition of patriotic sacrifice and pride of combat but at the same time save others from these regretable losses.

Since: Dec 10

Ron Paul 2012

#2 Dec 21, 2010
Twelve years I have served this country. I have served next to a couple people who were probably gay, it didn't bother me one bit, they were just as dedicated and honored to serve as I. This repeal is long overdue. The only people truly scared of this are the ones with a twisted sense of what it really means to be a man and are not comfortable enough with themselves to see that a gay person can do the job just as well as they. Gays and lesbians have been serving shoulder to shoulder with us for a very long time, the only thing that changes now is they can admit it.

Some of the most decorated people to ever serve this country would have never done so if African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, and women weren't given the right to serve this country. Maybe they should make a new law that says "Quit your Bit^%ing or get out."
Merry Crispness

Brattleboro, VT

#3 Dec 21, 2010
Aaron Kent wrote:
Twelve years I have served this country. I have served next to a couple people who were probably gay, it didn't bother me one bit, they were just as dedicated and honored to serve as I. This repeal is long overdue. The only people truly scared of this are the ones with a twisted sense of what it really means to be a man and are not comfortable enough with themselves to see that a gay person can do the job just as well as they. Gays and lesbians have been serving shoulder to shoulder with us for a very long time, the only thing that changes now is they can admit it.
Some of the most decorated people to ever serve this country would have never done so if African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, and women weren't given the right to serve this country. Maybe they should make a new law that says "Quit your Bit^%ing or get out."
This is good to hear.
Desmond

Lombard, IL

#4 Dec 21, 2010
Homosexuality will only weaken our Military men into a bunch of ninnies and completely lose their fighting edge, because they will be more focused on seeing each other in a sexual context and sexually molesting one another than defending our nation. Just remember what Homosexuals did to the Iraqi prisoners in Abu Ghraib. They sexually abused, exploited, and sodomized the prisoners. The spirit of perversion has its own vortex of abuse and unnecessary drama, including - nasty STD's, warped emotions, self-destructive obsessive compulsive lusts that ruin the human soul and discredits the person's character. The One and Only Holy God calls homosexuality an Abomination; it's a vice, not a virtue. But there is deliverance for those tormented by the spirit of perversion. Many of these men and women did not ask to have these warped feelings because many were sexually abused by adults of the same gender or lacked healthy father-figures from childhood to adolescence. Here is help below.

Freedom From Homosexuality and Pornography
http://jesus-heals-sex.blogspot.com/

Since: Dec 10

Ron Paul 2012

#5 Dec 21, 2010
Desmond wrote:
Homosexuality will only weaken our Military men into a bunch of ninnies and completely lose their fighting edge, because they will be more focused on seeing each other in a sexual context and sexually molesting one another than defending our nation. Just remember what Homosexuals did to the Iraqi prisoners in Abu Ghraib. They sexually abused, exploited, and sodomized the prisoners. The spirit of perversion has its own vortex of abuse and unnecessary drama, including - nasty STD's, warped emotions, self-destructive obsessive compulsive lusts that ruin the human soul and discredits the person's character. The One and Only Holy God calls homosexuality an Abomination; it's a vice, not a virtue. But there is deliverance for those tormented by the spirit of perversion. Many of these men and women did not ask to have these warped feelings because many were sexually abused by adults of the same gender or lacked healthy father-figures from childhood to adolescence. Here is help below.
Freedom From Homosexuality and Pornography
http://jesus-heals-sex.blogspot.com/
<Sarcasm on> Ya because the US Military is JUST FULL of hedonist <Sarcasm off>, a real Christian wouldn't give in to such perverted urges and focus on the mission they are in. A real soldier wouldn't give in to such perverted urges and focus on the mission at hand. Your words are just regergitated nonsense that are factually unfounded and baseless. I find your faith in the US military troubling.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#6 Dec 21, 2010
Desmond wrote:
Homosexuality will only weaken our Military men into a bunch of ninnies and completely lose their fighting edge, because they will be more focused on seeing each other in a sexual context and sexually molesting one another than defending our nation. Just remember what Homosexuals did to the Iraqi prisoners in Abu Ghraib. They sexually abused, exploited, and sodomized the prisoners. The spirit of perversion has its own vortex of abuse and unnecessary drama, including - nasty STD's, warped emotions, self-destructive obsessive compulsive lusts that ruin the human soul and discredits the person's character. The One and Only Holy God calls homosexuality an Abomination; it's a vice, not a virtue. But there is deliverance for those tormented by the spirit of perversion. Many of these men and women did not ask to have these warped feelings because many were sexually abused by adults of the same gender or lacked healthy father-figures from childhood to adolescence. Here is help below.
Freedom From Homosexuality and Pornography
http://jesus-heals-sex.blogspot.com/
You truly are an twisted, ignorant, un-American, lesser person who is unfit to enjoy the freedom that these men and women risk and sometimes lose their lives to protect. Though I will fight to protect your right to say such horrible things, your nature has been revealed by them and I find it wanting.
estanson

Windsor, VT

#7 Dec 21, 2010
does anyone else just find it interesting that the Dems are emptying the clip on their way down...

but lets look at what they are shooting at...
the economy?
jobs?
housing?

NOPE.

Internet neutrality thast not so neutral, food protection that doesnt really protect, repeal DADT without any timeline for ACTUAL repeal, the DREAM Act....
all of these make business wary, meaning slow progress in reviving the economy...

so, who is the slave of "special interests" again?
I meanm, dont the dems want to pop a shot for affirmative action and right to life too?

if they R's are the party of the rich, and the Dem's are the party of the minorities...who the heck is for the majority of the regular joe middle class?
Jean H

New Haven, CT

#8 Dec 21, 2010
Estanson, you really need to spell check before you post. The multiple errors detract from your already muddied points. Repealing DADT makes business wary? What? And Desmond, you should take to heart the saying "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Do you really think there are no homosexuals in the military now? Of course there are; they have just been treated like second class citizens until now.
estanson

Windsor, VT

#9 Dec 21, 2010
Jean H wrote:
Estanson, you really need to spell check before you post. The multiple errors detract from your already muddied points. Repealing DADT makes business wary? What?
I think its a valid critique...
BUT my computer will not allow the spellcheck, nor a c/p from word...so i either have to dedicate more time per post which i do while waiting on hold or some other thing, or let it rip like I do...
however, I appreciate your suggestions and that it was not cast as an indication of my intelligence instead of typing ability...

as to your point, I meant spending time on DADT and NOT on creating stability in the economy keeps business wary...
passing the cuts for only 2 years...same thing...
it does not provide the long term stability so that companies will get off their hordes of cash....

and the goverment grinds on about tv commercial volumes and elementary school bake sales...
penaltykiller9

Moretown, VT

#10 Dec 22, 2010
When will the Reformer weigh in on Brattleboro's glaring example of discrimination ??? The lack of wheechair accessibility???
Merry Crispness

Brattleboro, VT

#11 Dec 22, 2010
Jean H wrote:
Estanson, you really need to spell check before you post. The multiple errors detract from your already muddied points. Repealing DADT makes business wary? What? And Desmond, you should take to heart the saying "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Do you really think there are no homosexuals in the military now? Of course there are; they have just been treated like second class citizens until now.
His problem isn't just spelling; read his posts, he is evidently losing his grip on reality. The spelling, the rambling, the disjointed logic - there is feeling there but any thought is becoming increasingly scrambled.

This is a teabagger; I heard someone recently describe the tea party as a 'tea kettle - boiling mad and blowing off steam, and not much else.'
BS Detector

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Dec 22, 2010
Desmond wrote:
Homosexuality will only weaken our Military men into a bunch of ninnies ....
And you know this because of your experience of being a ninny yourself? Had you ever been in the military yourself, you'd understand that a couple of fruits are not more powerful than the system of training in the service or the hundreds of thousands of straight service members.
estanson

Windsor, VT

#13 Dec 22, 2010
Merry Crispness wrote:
<quoted text>
there is feeling there but any thought is becoming increasingly scrambled.
HA!
I get this after weeks of trying to explain to you that your talking points dont mix well with reality...
in fact, you havent made a supported point on this board, ever.
under this name or your earlier one...
so as usual, i respond...pot meet kettle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Judd Gregg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judd Gregg: A rogue agency at risk (Jun '17) Jun '17 Newt s Gimlet Rage 1
News Trump looks to refocus his presidency in addres... (Feb '17) Mar '17 too much 271
News New Hampshire has a new governor - but only for... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Pope Closet Emeritus 6
News UPDATE 1-Trump vs Clinton: Debate will mark big... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Kiss6729 9
News Bush calls for campaign - reset' in N.H. primary (Feb '16) Feb '16 Wehms2 2
News Letter: Oppose tuition deal for illegal immigrants (Jun '09) May '15 Swedenforever 3
News Wyden bringing ambitious agenda to a powerful n... (Jan '14) Jan '14 fatbacks x 1