Reconciliation bill will be hard for ...

Reconciliation bill will be hard for GOP to derail

There are 28 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Mar 10, 2010, titled Reconciliation bill will be hard for GOP to derail. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Democrats are tying the fate of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul to a fast-track process that will make the bill tough for Republicans to derail in the Senate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Enough

Lowell, MA

#21 Mar 10, 2010
You seem angry today.
CatmomDu wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on, Stupid.
And have a nice day.
Mrs Anderson

Pelham, NH

#22 Mar 10, 2010
Roger Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I'm in a hurry to get to Montana, I didn't plan on bringing the 15 yr old but the 25 year old says he can't handle him. Actually, It's not bad the oldest is 41 he's in N-Zealand. Two live in Florida and I got 4 at home. The youngest is going to be 13 this month. Two of my 3 girls are going to MWCC.
We'll see what happens I learned a long time ago not to make plans
because they rarely come to fruition. Sometimes I wish I got neutered.
I've got a rag and some pliers!
Roger Anderson

Salem, MA

#23 Mar 10, 2010
Mrs Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got a rag and some pliers!
that's all right I found out what caused it.
Barefoot Cobbler

Groton, MA

#24 Mar 10, 2010
Not that anyone is counting, but how many times did the Republicans use reconciliation to pass their agenda during the GW Bush years?
Answer: Lots more than the Democrats ever did.
Tony

Tewksbury, MA

#25 Mar 10, 2010
Get rid of all incumbents regardless of party.
Chairman Mao

Goffstown, NH

#26 Mar 10, 2010
Tony wrote:
Get rid of all incumbents regardless of party.
Yes. cut off the nose to spite the face. Simply because the person has been in office for more than a term, you feel they should leave? I would prefer a long standing senator or representative. Don't you think it's better for your district if you have a representative who garners respect via experience and tenure? Legislation is a fairly complicated technique, requiring an understanding of rules of order, procedure, norms, policies, and a basic familairity of the field.

Sure, some folks get complacent in their positions.... Kerry comes to mind. Riding legacy. But, there's a reason Kennedy won overwhelmingly every time. He had power. He brought jobs, money, and integrity to Massachusetts.

Are you saying you would vote for an unqualified candidate simply because he or she is running against an incumbent? If so, I'm glad I don't vote in your district.

“Watch out for my shivs”

Since: Feb 09

Do troll busters become trolls

#27 Mar 10, 2010
Enough wrote:
You seem angry today. <quoted text>
Really? Sorry about that. I was a little worried about sla so kept digging around trying to find a post. But he showed up on our 'chat Toyota pedals' thread saying his posts disappeared, so all is well.
How are you tonight?
Roger Anderson

Salem, MA

#28 Mar 11, 2010
Barefoot Cobbler wrote:
Not that anyone is counting, but how many times did the Republicans use reconciliation to pass their agenda during the GW Bush years?
Answer: Lots more than the Democrats ever did.
That doesn't matter to them. Here's an oxy-moron for you. The republicans started on 21 January 2009 and continue to do nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Judd Gregg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judd Gregg: A rogue agency at risk Jun '17 Newt s Gimlet Rage 1
News Trump looks to refocus his presidency in addres... (Feb '17) Mar '17 too much 271
News New Hampshire has a new governor - but only for... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Pope Closet Emeritus 6
News UPDATE 1-Trump vs Clinton: Debate will mark big... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Kiss6729 9
News Bush calls for campaign - reset' in N.H. primary (Feb '16) Feb '16 Wehms2 2
News Letter: Oppose tuition deal for illegal immigrants (Jun '09) May '15 Swedenforever 3
News Wyden bringing ambitious agenda to a powerful n... (Jan '14) Jan '14 fatbacks x 1
More from around the web