Partisan divide still wide

Partisan divide still wide

There are 55 comments on the DispatchPolitics story from Jan 4, 2010, titled Partisan divide still wide. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

It was the eve of last year's New Hampshire primary, and Democrat Barack Obama promised a sharp departure from the past if he won the presidency.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
PC on the TEE

Winona Lake, IN

#41 Jan 4, 2010
attention ditto-heads wrote:
<quoted text>
Please share a specific example -- specific -- of how the United States is becoming like Cuba or Venezuela in any way as a result of President Obama's actions.
If you can't, maybe you should re-think this inane post (as well as whatever talking head put this idea in your brain to begin with).
Read the news! They start by taking control over sectors of the economy. Chavez has nationalized the oil companies, energy, banks, and the press. They then rewrite the nation's constitution to give themselves more and more power. He is just following Fidel's example and playbook. Chavez said that Obama was to the left of himself. What more proof do you need???
James

Lancaster, OH

#42 Jan 4, 2010
These posts are a perfect example of what is wrong with this country. Democrats have the mentality of "agree with us or you are an idiot, if not, we will bull you over with sheer numbers, screw you if you don't agree with us, we are smarter". Republicans piss and moan about not being heard, which is true, but to be heard, come up with some good ideas, especially with health care, or stop whining.

I know we all have the answers as arm chair politicians, it is not going to be that easy. Both sides need to grow up, stop worrying about their own personal agendas and bank accounts and MAYBE listen to the people who they represent. Also, they need to take accountability for their own actions. Granted, Bush made some horrible mistakes, but everything that goes wrong now, Democrats and their supporters blame Bush. Get over it. You promised all this, claimed you had the answers, and when they blow up in your face you blame Bush, take accountability! You're not going to get everything right, that is OK, but LISTEN and maybe we can get stuff worked out, you're not going to get everything you want, but that is what we "middle class" call compromise. Both sides need to learn this concept.
Lfod

Defiance, OH

#43 Jan 4, 2010
A good idea: Tar and Feathers! Its an old idea from our past which would do wonders for waking up our corrupt polititians from all parties

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Addison, TX

#44 Jan 4, 2010
attention ditto-heads wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's examine this post, shall we?
"Obama take over of private industry {Auto companies}" ---- yes, the US government bailed out GM and now owns a stake in the company. But that's all. The larger "auto industry" is not owned by the government. So you can relax about that one.
"Obama take over of banks" ---- the feds (starting with President Bush) bailed out many financial institutions. The government doesn't own them at all. If anything, most people feel they were too generous to the banks and the CEOs on wall street. So you can relax there too.
"Obama take over of 1/6 of US economy{Healthcare system}" ---- Not sure what this means. Do you think Barack Obama personally "take over" the health care system of this country? Because that's... not correct. The health care bill will regulate the industry better... but that's all. There won't even be a government option available! And it certainly won't be single payer like in most of the civilized world. So you can relax here too.
"Obama attending anti-american church for 20 years" ---- How does Obama's past church make our country more or less like a communist country? I have no idea. You'll have to explain a bit more about the connection there, friend.
"Obama has many terrorist friends who hate America and have committed terrorist bombings to try and destablise [sic] the United States." ---- He DOES? Gosh, that's news to me. Maybe you could provide a list of the "many terrorist friends" who are trying to "destablise" our nation so the FBI and CIA could get to work arresting them, ok?
In short ------ you are a victim of your own fear-mongering, my friend. I know it's unpleasant not to be the party in power anymore, but --- you aren't. You just... aren't. You're the minority.
Now, you can be a minority that understands its role, and chooses to work constructively with the majority part on legislating and running the nation...
... or you can be the way you're being here, full of made up allegations and rumors and flat out lies, trying to stop the President -- the sitting, elected President -- of doing anything he wants to, accusing him of being illegitimate, foreign, a terrorist, a liar, a communist, etc.
Your choice.
""Obama take over of private industry {Auto companies}" ---- yes, the US government bailed out GM and now owns a stake in the company. But that's all. "

That's not all.

Obama did take over ownership of GM and Chrysler instead of just loaning them money in a bailout.

Obama then used his dictatorial power over GM the fire the CEO, Rick Wagner, and replace him with "yes man" Fritz Henderson who was more loyal to Der Furher.

Then Obama threatened the bond holders who were refusing to surrender their financial claims during the Chrysler bankruptcy negociations.

Obama is a statist who has no experience in or respect for the private sector.
reddog75

Venus, TX

#45 Jan 4, 2010
Opposed everything that the majority of Americans wanted??????????Wait till your health care plan premiums explode,,,(if you have to pay that is),,,there is no reform in this,,,this is nothing more than making history and attempting to fix it later,,sounds like the Dems last hope to me
bob wrote:
The only reason the GOP is fighting so hard is that they are scared that they might lose the few seats they have left... and with good reason. They have opposed everything that the majority of Americans wanted just in order to appeal to a very vocal but extremely conservative minority... extreme conservatism may look good on Fox news, but as Obama illustrated against McPalin, extreme conservatism does not win elections in America.
blah

Columbus, OH

#46 Jan 4, 2010
True bipartisanship would look like no child left behind - with legitimate co-sponsorship with the other party. Obama knows of nothing but Chicago-style politics, his idea of bipartisanship is bribing or otherwise forcing someone to sign on to a bill that in no way reflects bipartisan views.
idiots

Columbus, OH

#47 Jan 4, 2010
Anyone who can look at Bush and look at Obama and not see Obama's clear superiority is an idiot. Sorry, but he/she is.
refresh the tree

Dallas, TX

#48 Jan 5, 2010
Get real, my friend.
Get your rifle out? Get your ammo ready? Who do you think you are?? Fire all "Hussein supporters"??
Who do I think I am.I am the hardworking American who is willing to step up and lead the revolution.I am the hardworking American who is willing to take a hammer and a bag of nails and help build a gallows in front of the US Capital and the Whitehouse.I am the hardworking American who would gladly force the corupt members of our government{both parties} up the 13 steps and put the noose around their slimey necks.I am the hardworking American who would consider it my greatest accomplishment to be choosen to pull the lever and watch justice being served on this pack of criminals that calls itself our US government.The best part is that I am not alone,millions of others feel the same way.Thats who I am !!!!!
icer

Edmonton, Canada

#50 Jan 5, 2010
Palin/Palin ticket would have been the circus of the millenium. The whole world is finally seeing americans for what they really are. Bush Jr ran all your fundamental laws into the ground. Obama has proven himself to be completely in bed with the corporations.
The only way the usa will get a clue is by letting the republicans win so the inner rot will be complete. The middle class will be forced to act, and not out of some wacko christian fantasy, but for bread and butter.
Lfod

Defiance, OH

#52 Jan 6, 2010
icer wrote:
Palin/Palin ticket would have been the circus of the millenium. The whole world is finally seeing americans for what they really are. Bush Jr ran all your fundamental laws into the ground. Obama has proven himself to be completely in bed with the corporations.
The only way the usa will get a clue is by letting the republicans win so the inner rot will be complete. The middle class will be forced to act, and not out of some wacko christian fantasy, but for bread and butter.
As a great academy award nominated song once said " BLAME CANADA"
idiots

Columbus, OH

#53 Jan 10, 2010
refresh the tree wrote:
Get real, my friend.
Get your rifle out? Get your ammo ready? Who do you think you are?? Fire all "Hussein supporters"??
Who do I think I am.I am the hardworking American who is willing to step up and lead the revolution.I am the hardworking American who is willing to take a hammer and a bag of nails and help build a gallows in front of the US Capital and the Whitehouse.I am the hardworking American who would gladly force the corupt members of our government{both parties} up the 13 steps and put the noose around their slimey necks.I am the hardworking American who would consider it my greatest accomplishment to be choosen to pull the lever and watch justice being served on this pack of criminals that calls itself our US government.The best part is that I am not alone,millions of others feel the same way.Thats who I am !!!!!
Build a gallows? Hanging members of Congress? If that's your idea of justice, then you, sir, are completely and totally 100% unAmerican. Millions who feel the same way? Keep dreaming. You are a fringe extremist, and your views should be treated as such. If it's vigilante justice you want, visit the Third World or go back in time to the 1800s. Here in 2010 in the United States of America, we have laws and a justice system and peaceful elections. Sounds like your boys lost. SORRY FOR YA. But that's the American system, and either your for it or against it. I'm for it.
flyonwall

Van Wert, OH

#54 Jan 10, 2010
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
""Obama take over of private industry {Auto companies}" ---- yes, the US government bailed out GM and now owns a stake in the company. But that's all. "
That's not all.
Obama did take over ownership of GM and Chrysler instead of just loaning them money in a bailout.
Obama then used his dictatorial power over GM the fire the CEO, Rick Wagner, and replace him with "yes man" Fritz Henderson who was more loyal to Der Furher.
Then Obama threatened the bond holders who were refusing to surrender their financial claims during the Chrysler bankruptcy negociations.
Obama is a statist who has no experience in or respect for the private sector.
I wish I could get fired like this-According to financial reports, former General Motors CEO Rick Wagoner, who was "pushed out"by the Obama administration in March, has become eligible for a $74,030 "executive retirement" check every month until his death. Then, as part of the Detroit automakers Aug. 1 bankruptcy, Wagoner also became eligible for another $20 million in retirement pay. As a result, he will now get $1.64 million annually for the rest of his life, in addition to his big monthly retirement check! Not bad for leading a company down the tubes.

Addison, TX

#55 Jan 14, 2010
flyonwall wrote:
<quoted text>I wish I could get fired like this-According to financial reports, former General Motors CEO Rick Wagoner, who was "pushed out"by the Obama administration in March, has become eligible for a $74,030 "executive retirement" check every month until his death. Then, as part of the Detroit automakers Aug. 1 bankruptcy, Wagoner also became eligible for another $20 million in retirement pay. As a result, he will now get $1.64 million annually for the rest of his life, in addition to his big monthly retirement check! Not bad for leading a company down the tubes.
Rick Wagner was a very good CEO for GM.

Under his leadership the quality and appeal of GM products improved.

GM was getting stronger and more competative while Wagner was there.

Addison, TX

#56 Jan 14, 2010
flyonwall wrote:
<quoted text>

I wish I could get fired like this-
Let's not forget that Wagner was blackballed by a man who has never held a job in the private sector.

Obama is a big government creature who is attacking successful people in the private sector like Rick Wagner who refuse to click their heels and salute the Fuhrer respectfully.

“Kenyan-born Obama=Antichrist”

Since: Sep 09

Casper, WY

#57 Jan 15, 2010
The White House has confirmed that a member of Congress formally has requested that President Obama document information regarding his birth and, therefore, his eligibility to occupy the Oval Office. The letter was sent by Rep. Nathan Deal, R-Ga., and neither Deal's office nor the White House was willing to discuss the situation. The White House on Thursday confirmed receipt of a letter from U.S. Rep. Nathan Deal that formally asks Barack Obama to address questions about his place of birth – and thus, whether he is qualified to be president. The letter arrived Dec. 10. No one is willing to say much.
Even if the putative president ignores the challenge, he cannot hide from it, because by doing so he admits his guilt through silence. The question has to be asked near and far, why would a president who has promised greater transparency than any previous administration pay upwards of $2,000,000 of taxpayer money to hide documents that could resolve the matter once and for all time for the cost of $20.00. He has publicly admitted on more than one occasion that his father was NOT an American citizen. This alone disqualifies him from eligibility based on Article 2, Section 1, Paragraph 5 of the Constitution, and consequently makes him a usurper.(cf. the 4 Supreme Court cases which define what a “natural born citizen” is.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Judd Gregg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judd Gregg: A rogue agency at risk (Jun '17) Jun '17 Newt s Gimlet Rage 1
News Trump looks to refocus his presidency in addres... (Feb '17) Mar '17 too much 271
News New Hampshire has a new governor - but only for... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Pope Closet Emeritus 6
News UPDATE 1-Trump vs Clinton: Debate will mark big... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Kiss6729 9
News Bush calls for campaign - reset' in N.H. primary (Feb '16) Feb '16 Wehms2 2
News Letter: Oppose tuition deal for illegal immigrants (Jun '09) May '15 Swedenforever 3
News Wyden bringing ambitious agenda to a powerful n... (Jan '14) Jan '14 fatbacks x 1