Senate OKs jobs bill

Senate OKs jobs bill

There are 29 comments on the WLFI-TV West Lafayette story from Mar 17, 2010, titled Senate OKs jobs bill. In it, WLFI-TV West Lafayette reports that:

Companies that hire unemployed workers will get a temporary payroll tax holiday under a bill that easily won final congressional approval Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLFI-TV West Lafayette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mothra

Portland, OR

#2 Mar 17, 2010
"It will be the first of several election-year jobs bills promised by Democrats to be enacted into law, though there's plenty of skepticism that the measure will do much to actually create jobs."

First of 'several'?

Sounds like Democrats buying mid-term votes.
RayOne

United States

#3 Mar 17, 2010
They will roll this into ObamaCare.
Street Justice

Woodbridge, VA

#4 Mar 17, 2010
Hey guys, at least this one invests in America. I'm tired of seeing our wealth flow to China, Mexico, India, and elsewhere.
fgh

Ft Mitchell, KY

#5 Mar 17, 2010
GDP grew in the 3rd and 4th quarters, jobs are always lagging the numbers recovery in each recession. Those thinking about long-term recovery, know the enviroment will be a big winner in the conversion to biofuels & biopower -- saw a cool site; Balkingpoints ; incredible satellite view of earth
TiredofWingnuts

Youngstown, OH

#6 Mar 17, 2010
THE WOODCHUCK wrote:
SPENDING MONEY THEY DO NOT HAVE! like everyone I Guess...BUT Obama says ALLAHA" will provide!!...So Be HAPPY,DON'T WORRY!...BE HAPPY!
Do Ya think the CHINKS Will Forecloses the White House??
How much racism would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck racism. Obama isn't a Muslim you ignorant moron. And who the f says chink anymore. I wish all the people like you in this country would move to Texas and Rick Perry would follow through with his fantasy of seccession. I can't understand how you're such a hateful person you must have been abused as a child or something.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#7 Mar 17, 2010
I thought all conservatives LOVED tax cuts? Can't we show the love to a tax holiday for small business?

Or do we oppose tax cuts when the President & his party propose them? Wouldn't Ronald Reagan be ashamed of all the petulant complaining?
Businessman

Bradenton, FL

#8 Mar 17, 2010
OH MY FLUCKING GOD..........I'm going to hire ten people with full benefits that I don't need and don't have any work for them to do......

ALL smoke & mirrors.....more obama campaign BS.

“The enemy is in our camp.”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#9 Mar 17, 2010
Yeah, I called my bank and they said it was alright for me to write as many checks as I want because just like Obama I'm such a good guy.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10 Mar 17, 2010
THE WOODCHUCK wrote:
SPENDING MONEY THEY DO NOT HAVE! like everyone I Guess...BUT Obama says ALLAHA" will provide!!...So Be HAPPY,DON'T WORRY!...BE HAPPY!
I thank the gods that vermin like you are a tiny minority.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11 Mar 17, 2010
Mothra wrote:
"It will be the first of several election-year jobs bills promised by Democrats to be enacted into law, though there's plenty of skepticism that the measure will do much to actually create jobs."
First of 'several'?
Sounds like Democrats buying mid-term votes.
I just hope they can "buy" enough of them. Imagine! Helping Americans to improve their lives just to get votes! Disgraceful!
RayOne

United States

#12 Mar 17, 2010
Businessman wrote:
OH MY FLUCKING GOD..........I'm going to hire ten people with full benefits that I don't need and don't have any work for them to do......
ALL smoke & mirrors.....more obama campaign BS.
that makes you a good Progressive American.
Julian

United States

#15 Mar 17, 2010
if it creates one job...it will be one more than this administration has created in a year +++
Outdone

Pulaski, TN

#16 Mar 17, 2010
Who do these companies get a tax break for absolutely nothing when this is what companies do all the time, hire unemployed people?

Only rarely does an employed person get hired by another company while they are currently employed. So few in fact it's nearly unheard of.

How is it possible to not hire unemployed workers when that's what hiring people is, hiring unemployed people.

The tax break is a freebie since employers 99% of the time already do this, hire unemployed people.

Major scam.
newanarchy

United States

#17 Mar 17, 2010
THE WOODCHUCK wrote:
Got any more moronic, racist comments?
newanarchy

United States

#18 Mar 17, 2010
TiredofWingnuts wrote:
<quoted text>
How much racism would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck racism. Obama isn't a Muslim you ignorant moron. And who the f says chink anymore. I wish all the people like you in this country would move to Texas and Rick Perry would follow through with his fantasy of seccession. I can't understand how you're such a hateful person you must have been abused as a child or something.
Hey, watch the Texas remarks, not everyone here is a racist redneck.
newanarchy

United States

#19 Mar 17, 2010
THE WOODCHUCK wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Friend,.I call you friend ,But we know what you are.. did not OBAMA attend Muslim schools as a young man??? Were not his fathers (TWO) Muslims?..If you do follow "BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA" like many do,you will find photos of our PRES. in MUSLIM garb..LOOK and YOU WILL FIND IT!.Are not all his Kenyan relatives MUSLIM??..Other than DEEP Bowing to Muslim Clerics in a Humbling manner,and not affiliated with a Christen church..One can wonder..DO ONE??
Of Course Rev. wright ,his GOD FATHER for 20 yrs,of which Obama sat thru the HATE,THE ANTI AMERICA,THE RACEISUM,..the Chickens and all that...would make one at least question? Farrakhan also is interjected in OBAMAS life! You do not question???...I do not know the dignity of his birth,but we do know he was brought up as a Muslim boy!!....Of course LOONS enamored with OBAMAS big ears...just block it out and SWOON at the sight of this SHAKA ZULU!
No if your talking RACISM,the Old worn out Excuse When Your Brain Is Dissipated of Intelligent thoughts...Well It shows!!..its You who practice Reverse Racism.Like the WORLDS is crazy except you??/ There are Meds and safe places for your types
As far as moving??? Hey CUBA would suit you just fine...Or go gaa gaa with Glover with Chavez.They love Geeky Girly Boys Like You!! To tend their deviant needs..a Receptical of sorts you are!!..You will love it!! It seems you have a thing with TEXAS!! Wonder why?? Probably ya get a feeling of impotence with what TEXAS is all about..Ya can't handle it...like most effeminate boys!! I lived in TEXAS..Glad you do not!
Now to respond to you in your vernacular you chose to use..,,YER A FU&*KING IDIOT>..A FREAKING GIRLY BOY WITH A THRILL UO YER KAZOO FOR OBAMA..YOUR ..now I could continue...But..its painful for me...Cannot get as low as you.. So Ya Dumb FU&*K!!GET BENT!!
"WOODSUCK"
newanarchy

United States

#20 Mar 17, 2010
Outdone wrote:
Who do these companies get a tax break for absolutely nothing when this is what companies do all the time, hire unemployed people?
Only rarely does an employed person get hired by another company while they are currently employed. So few in fact it's nearly unheard of.
How is it possible to not hire unemployed workers when that's what hiring people is, hiring unemployed people.
The tax break is a freebie since employers 99% of the time already do this, hire unemployed people.
Major scam.
Actually the only time I was unemployed before getting a job was 1983, fresh out of high school. I was employed when I took every job after that, always for more money and more benefits.
clone benson

Bryan, OH

#22 Mar 17, 2010
dept ridden,they will hire, and and fire ,just to keep the taxs, go figure, big deal, go figure, it doesnt create jobs, makes me laugh
Good bye sweet america

Livermore, CA

#23 Mar 17, 2010
TiredofWingnuts wrote:
<quoted text>
How much racism would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck racism. Obama isn't a Muslim you ignorant moron. And who the f says chink anymore. I wish all the people like you in this country would move to Texas and Rick Perry would follow through with his fantasy of seccession. I can't understand how you're such a hateful person
you must have been abused as a child or
something.
R u nuts? If osama, sory, obama is a christian then what ever happened to satanism? Did God and Lucifer join eachother in pergatory? U must b a friggin democrat!
Good bye sweet america

Livermore, CA

#24 Mar 17, 2010
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I thank the gods that vermin like you are a tiny minority.
Dont u mean 'thank the gods someone has a brain around here'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Judd Gregg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judd Gregg: A rogue agency at risk Jun '17 Newt s Gimlet Rage 1
News Trump looks to refocus his presidency in addres... (Feb '17) Mar '17 too much 271
News New Hampshire has a new governor - but only for... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Pope Closet Emeritus 6
News UPDATE 1-Trump vs Clinton: Debate will mark big... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Kiss6729 9
News Bush calls for campaign - reset' in N.H. primary (Feb '16) Feb '16 Wehms2 2
News Letter: Oppose tuition deal for illegal immigrants (Jun '09) May '15 Swedenforever 3
News Wyden bringing ambitious agenda to a powerful n... (Jan '14) Jan '14 fatbacks x 1
More from around the web