Biden's Blunders
Thomas

Chicago, IL

#1 Apr 17, 2009
Biden's List of Political Blunders
Vice President Joe Biden has been keeping a low profile these days. But last week he popped into headlines when he clashed with aides to former President George W. Bush after claiming to have rebuked Bush in private meetings. Recalling a conversation during an interview with CNN, Biden said he told Bush in the Oval Office: "'Mr. President, turn and around look behind you. No one is following.'"
Karl Rove, Bush's top political adviser in the White House, called the conversational "fictional."
This isn't the first time Biden's comments have made news. From historical blunders and Internet gaffes to offensive jokes, Vice President Joe Biden is never shy a quotable moment.
Here's a list of 14 amusing yet cringe-worthy "Bidenisms" made during the vice president's more recent political career.
-- On March 13, 2009, Biden addressed a former Senate colleague by saying, "An hour late, oh give me a f**king break," after he arrived on Amtrak at Union Station in Washington, D.C. The vice president's expletive was caught on a live microphone.
-- During a Feb. 25, 2009, interview on CBS' "Early Show," Biden encouraged viewers to visit a government-run Web site that tracks stimulus spending. When asked for the site's web address, Biden could not remember the site's "number."
"You know, I'm embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number?" he asked an aide standing out of view. "I should have it in front of me and I don't. I'm actually embarrassed."
-- At a Jan. 30, 2009, swearing-in ceremony of senior White House staff, Biden mocked Chief Justice John Roberts for his presidential oath blunder on Inauguration Day.
"Am I doing this again?" Biden said, after Obama asked him to administer the oath. When Biden was told the swearing-in was for senior staff -- and not cabinet members -- the vice president quipped, "My memory is not as good as Justice Roberts," prompting a stern nudge from Obama.
-- On Inauguration Day, Jan. 20 2009, Biden misspoke when he told a cheering crowd of supporters, "Jill and I had the great honor of standing on that stage, looking across at one of the great justices, Justice Stewart." Justice John Paul Stevens -- not Stewart -- swore Biden in as vice president.
-- When criticizing former GOP nominee John McCain in Athens, Ohio, on Oct. 15, 2008, Biden said, "Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs."
-- In a Sept. 22, 2008, CBS interview, Biden misspoke when he said Franklin D. Roosevelt was president when the stock market crashed in 1929.
"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said,'Look, here's what happened," he said. Herbert Hoover -- not Roosevelt -- was president in 1929, and television had not yet been invented in 1929.
-- During a Sept. 12, 2008, speech in Columbia, Mo., Biden called for Missouri State Sen. Chuck Graham, who is wheelchair-bound, to "stand up."
"Oh, God love ya," Biden said, after realizing his mistake. "What am I talking about?"
-- At a Sept. 10, 2008, town hall meeting in Nashua, N.H., Biden said, "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me."
-- Biden mistakenly referred to Alaska governor Sarah Palin as the "lieutenant governor" of her state during a town hall meeting on Sept. 4, 2008 at George Mason University in Manassas, Va.
"I heard a very, by the way I mean this sincerely, a very strong and a very good political speech from a lieutenant governor of Alaska who I think is going to be very formidable, very formidable not only in the campaign but in the debate," Biden said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/17/bi...
Jordy

Menomonee Falls, WI

#2 Jun 29, 2010
Once again the VP does it again. This time in Greenfield, WI at the frozen custard stand. Biden replies to a citizen who asked for a break on the working man's taxes and small business taxes, "Don't be a smarta__." Once again we are informed what the democrats really think about the working class man and small business. This comes in light of the recent loss of 1000 jobs at the Bucyrus plant that was told the jobs it had to offer were not important to the economy because the coal manufacturing industry for which Bucyrus makes mining equipment only pollutes the atmosphere. Instead now the equipment will be manufactured at a competitor plant in North Africa. This is all in light of the permanent loss of 10 million jobs in the US during the Obama economic slump. After doubling the deficit Obama has said that 7 trillion was't enough. The Bucyrus unionized employees are saying what about us? So far the only ones to benefit from the Obama stimulus long term seem to be teachers and bureaucrats and other government employees. It seems that the democrats are only concerned about their own pockets and no one elses - a very selfish attitude. They continue to have their expensive dinners and drive their expensive cars and or are chauffered around like the Clintons and continue to have their huge investments and estates - but then again they are all lawyers and continue to laugh at the antics of the american citizens when they get upset.
indy

Mansfield, MA

#3 Aug 2, 2011
we need civility in dc.... biden called american tea partyers, terrorists...... he should resign...too many on the left have so much antipathy towards those who think differently than them.......
Redman

Choctaw, OK

#4 Sep 8, 2012
If you bother to fact check Biden or Obama you will find them to be lying most of the time over critical issues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joseph Biden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bush Voices Confidence In Iraqi Leadership (May '06) Jul '16 Marriage abortion 23
News What will Joe Biden do after the vice presidency? (Oct '15) Oct '15 Buh Bye Uncle Joe 2
News Bush Polls Don't Rule Iraq War (Jun '06) May '15 swedenforever 28
News Lingle says McCain is still a contender (Aug '08) Mar '14 Francine 91
News Joe Biden Honestly Thinks He's Going To Superse... (May '13) May '13 lolol 2
News Delaware delegation seeks to save Chrysler plant (Jan '07) Apr '13 Jumbo 2
News Why Does Wall Street Always Win? (Aug '12) Aug '12 excartpuller 1
More from around the web