John Warner Parkway Opens - NBC29 WVI...

John Warner Parkway Opens - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

There are 14 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jan 6, 2012, titled John Warner Parkway Opens - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

After 44 years of controversy and a cost of over $23 million, Albemarle's portion of the controversial Meadow Creek Parkway is now open to traffic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

History Lesson

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jan 6, 2012
44 more years.....

.... and the city might finish their portion.
GoUVa

Bristow, VA

#2 Jan 6, 2012
A more fitting tribute to Senator Warner would have been to name every ABC Store in the Commonwealth in his honor. He was a great Senator but he sure loved the booze!
Guardian

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jan 6, 2012
The whole thing just made him sick.
wow

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jan 6, 2012
And already on google maps. Impressive...google that is.

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

#5 Jan 6, 2012
GoUVa wrote:
A more fitting tribute to Senator Warner would have been to name every ABC Store in the Commonwealth in his honor. He was a great Senator but he sure loved the booze!
Do you ever have anything positive to contribute? What have you done with your life? What skeletons do your closets hold? You have become the "boy who cried wolf". You should consider running for office because you obviously are better than all of the politicians we have now.
Guy Fawkes

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jan 6, 2012
We were told that the traffic light at Dunlora was temporary. Is it still there or were we fed another line of.........
WaitAMinute

Ferrum, VA

#7 Jan 6, 2012
Isn't there more? I wouldn't call a house with no roof complete. Why is this complete when it's not finished?
Rogue Rider

Ocala, FL

#8 Jan 6, 2012
The original winning bid in 2008 was 11.9 million, how did it get to 23 million? Sounds like the contractor was a dear friend of VDOT. Maybe a public inspection of the books will reveal the special recipe used for cooking them.
curmudgeon

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jan 7, 2012
I dont know where this 1.4 mile segment stuff comes in. No where near that. They prolly mean 1.4 for the whole thing when its completed......

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#10 Jan 7, 2012
Rogue Rider wrote:
The original winning bid in 2008 was 11.9 million, how did it get to 23 million? Sounds like the contractor was a dear friend of VDOT. Maybe a public inspection of the books will reveal the special recipe used for cooking them.
it does john warners name on it.
Sarg

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jan 7, 2012
Other improvements to Rio Rd., including the new bridge over the RR tracks, were rolled into that $23 million figure. The article should have made that clear.
really

United States

#12 Jan 7, 2012
C-Ville Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Do you ever have anything positive to contribute? What have you done with your life? What skeletons do your closets hold? You have become the "boy who cried wolf". You should consider running for office because you obviously are better than all of the politicians we have now.
She already holds office. She is the female supervisor in Orange county.
orange county resident

United States

#13 Jan 7, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text> She already holds office. She is the female supervisor in Orange county.
woe is us!
Joe

United States

#14 Jan 7, 2012
Is that Ann Malek, aka John Lennon, standing in the middle of the road protesting? They said there was a small protest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Warner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former GOP Virginia Senator John Warner to endo... Sep '16 Herbert Walker 2
News Warner dusts off 55 mph Speed Limit (Jul '08) Jun '16 litesong 60
News Sharing Economy Workers Need 'Safety Net,' U.S.... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Gary 2
News Why skeptics must heed climate change (Sep '09) May '15 litesong 1,519
News A commencement speech that challenges Sweet Bri... (May '15) May '15 Will Dockery 1
News Some 60,000 vets are triple dipping on benefits (Nov '14) Mar '15 Jaimie 16
News Report says 60,000 veterans get triple benefits (Nov '14) Nov '14 billieu123 6
More from around the web