Poll: Obama's international ratings t...

Poll: Obama's international ratings top domestic ones

There are 72 comments on the Detroit News story from Dec 18, 2013, titled Poll: Obama's international ratings top domestic ones. In it, Detroit News reports that:

President Barack Obama's approval ratings for handling foreign policy issues generally top his ratings for most domestic issues, including the economy and health care, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#49 Dec 19, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
?? Media beat him over the head??? You must be one of the GOP's lapdogs who think that mild praise is beating him over the head. The media could not have been more in his camp. Every day we heard what a great job he was doing in spite of all that happened. No one even questioned his decisions, no matter how absurd. When bush said the economy was great, the media reported to the millions bush put out of work, that the only reason they couldn't find a job was because they were too lazy. When bush wanted to start wars, even the New York Times took its front page articles straight from the White House to drum up support. No one even mentioned the numerous speeches bush gave where he was slurring his words badly, indicating he was drunk or on drugs. Not even a mention, when everyone in the world could see it.
When Clinton was president, we daily heard how ugly Chelsea was. When bush's daughters were repeatedly arrested, it barely made a mention. No one in the media uncovered bush's criminal arrest record in Texas. When bush signed the Pat Act, no one in the media even mentioned that it removed all rights from all American Citizens. The media never mentioned the direct self-contradictions of the USSC when they threw out the 2000 election and appointed bush. The media did a "count" to report what would have been the results if the law had been followed. The media initially reported that bush would have won. Later they finally admitted the results came out right after the 9/11 attacks, and they made an editorial decision not to report the truth. The media openly admits they lied to protect bush.
Notice, I am not defending Obama, simply reporting that the media fell all over itself to protect bush. The list is a lot longer, but you get the idea.
You're dilusional.
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#50 Dec 19, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it's hard for you to appreciate any reality other than that presented on Fox News. Why bother remembering what happened, when you can simply listen to Fox News and find out what Rupert wants you to think about any issue.
No, it's just you've been a broken record for years, with your easily dubunked crackpot theories. No need to repeat the exercise of proving each and every one of your points wrong, that has been done time and time again.

And you're first response to being challenged on said crackpot theories is to bring up Fox News, everytime. News flash, any news source, left right or otherwise, can be used to discredit your nonsense!

You are a broken record, only amusing in your steadfast belief that your alternate reality is somehow the truth....speaking of which you are also a 9-11 truther, no?
ha ha

Shelton, CT

#51 Dec 19, 2013
Space Cowboy wrote:
You're dilusional.
but at least he isn't 'delusional'- like you.

<< chortle >>
Mr E

Buffalo, NY

#52 Dec 19, 2013
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the Conservative Party.
No, thank you.
I'd rather not cut food stamps for Vets or violate a woman's right to choice.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#53 Dec 19, 2013
boo ya wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's just you've been a broken record for years, with your easily dubunked crackpot theories. No need to repeat the exercise of proving each and every one of your points wrong, that has been done time and time again.
And you're first response to being challenged on said crackpot theories is to bring up Fox News, everytime. News flash, any news source, left right or otherwise, can be used to discredit your nonsense!
You are a broken record, only amusing in your steadfast belief that your alternate reality is somehow the truth....speaking of which you are also a 9-11 truther, no?
LOL, so you can use the Main Stream media to find someone who disagrees with me. You really believe the Main Stream media???? LOL, I guess that says something good about me.

I am constantly amazed by those like you who simply believe whatever nonsense the media puts out. Even when the contradict what they said yesterday. You have to engage in wanton ignorance to believe that nonsense.

Since you think it is easily disproved, how about you give it a try? When bush said radar doesn't work inside the US on 9/11/2001, because all radar is pointed out of our nation so it was impossible to know where the hijacked planes were located, what did he mean? When he said our military never scrambled jets to intercept hijacked planes, what did he mean? When he said we couldn't scramble the jets because all were broken down, what did he mean? When he said we did scramble the jets from Boston, but the pilots got lost over the Atlantic ocean for hours, what did he mean? When bush made sure there was no investigation of what happened, why did he do that? When he finally allowed the 9/11 commission, why did he insist the mission statement was not to investigate what happened?

So, now you can use any reference you want, but I do insist that the questions be answered with a rational answer, not just a statement that "everybody" knows, or so an so proved it, so I don't have to.
ha ha

Shelton, CT

#54 Dec 19, 2013
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Get it right...
I don't have a liberal-hating, world view...
I have a Progressive-hating, Constitution-loving, American view.
You get it right ...

..what you have is a blind, deaf & dumb hatred of all that does not fit neatly into your Obama-hating, narrow-minded tea-baggie worldview.

<< snicker >>

“WJC LLC”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#55 Dec 19, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
?? Media beat him over the head??? You must be one of the GOP's lapdogs who think that mild praise is beating him over the head. The media could not have been more in his camp. Every day we heard what a great job he was doing in spite of all that happened. No one even questioned his decisions, no matter how absurd. When bush said the economy was great, the media reported to the millions bush put out of work, that the only reason they couldn't find a job was because they were too lazy. When bush wanted to start wars, even the New York Times took its front page articles straight from the White House to drum up support. No one even mentioned the numerous speeches bush gave where he was slurring his words badly, indicating he was drunk or on drugs. Not even a mention, when everyone in the world could see it.
When Clinton was president, we daily heard how ugly Chelsea was. When bush's daughters were repeatedly arrested, it barely made a mention. No one in the media uncovered bush's criminal arrest record in Texas. When bush signed the Pat Act, no one in the media even mentioned that it removed all rights from all American Citizens. The media never mentioned the direct self-contradictions of the USSC when they threw out the 2000 election and appointed bush. The media did a "count" to report what would have been the results if the law had been followed. The media initially reported that bush would have won. Later they finally admitted the results came out right after the 9/11 attacks, and they made an editorial decision not to report the truth. The media openly admits they lied to protect bush.
Notice, I am not defending Obama, simply reporting that the media fell all over itself to protect bush. The list is a lot longer, but you get the idea.
Were you underground in Antarctica during this time? Or are you always this willfully blind?

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#56 Dec 19, 2013
Internationally, the teahadists are seen as pitiful and a horror. LMAO.

“WJC LLC”

Huntington, NY

#57 Dec 19, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
Internationally, the teahadists are seen as pitiful and a horror. LMAO.
barock is the laughing stock of the planet as we speak.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#58 Dec 19, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you underground in Antarctica during this time? Or are you always this willfully blind?
Maybe you are correct. We should all just forget what happened, and believe Rupert Murdoch. He knows what is best for everyone on the planet, even if it looks like he is lying and just wants all our money.

“WJC LLC”

Huntington, NY

#59 Dec 19, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you are correct. We should all just forget what happened, and believe Rupert Murdoch. He knows what is best for everyone on the planet, even if it looks like he is lying and just wants all our money.
I thought you libs only watch mslsd and al gorezeera?

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Kornfield Kounty

#61 Dec 19, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
barock is the laughing stock of the planet as we speak.
Yeah, right. Doubled the stock market and put syria in it's place. We know you putin-huggers are still spinning over that one. Then there's obl, who sleeps with the fishes and outmanuveuring teahadists at every turn. Too much more to even list. All you have left is flailing, fading bumper stickers, while ranting and raving because President Obama still has his foot on the throat of teahadist. I can see why other countries think teahadism is to laugh at. LMAO.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#63 Dec 19, 2013
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Bush was at 25% after the media beat him over the head for 8 years.

Obama has tanked his Presidency all by himself in a matter of weeks. Even with the media still trying to help him.

If he didn't have his media cheerleaders, his approval would be in the single digits.
Right. It's the media's fault Bush was a fkn idiot.
CZars_R_US

Orlando, FL

#64 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, right. Doubled the stock market and put syria in it's place. We know you putin-huggers are still spinning over that one. Then there's obl, who sleeps with the fishes and outmanuveuring teahadists at every turn. Too much more to even list. All you have left is flailing, fading bumper stickers, while ranting and raving because President Obama still has his foot on the throat of teahadist. I can see why other countries think teahadism is to laugh at. LMAO.
Yea, his red lines in the desert has so many tracks and camel shizz al over them that you can't even find them any more.!!!
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#65 Dec 19, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, so you can use the Main Stream media to find someone who disagrees with me. You really believe the Main Stream media???? LOL, I guess that says something good about me.
I am constantly amazed by those like you who simply believe whatever nonsense the media puts out. Even when the contradict what they said yesterday. You have to engage in wanton ignorance to believe that nonsense.
Since you think it is easily disproved, how about you give it a try? When bush said radar doesn't work inside the US on 9/11/2001, because all radar is pointed out of our nation so it was impossible to know where the hijacked planes were located, what did he mean? When he said our military never scrambled jets to intercept hijacked planes, what did he mean? When he said we couldn't scramble the jets because all were broken down, what did he mean? When he said we did scramble the jets from Boston, but the pilots got lost over the Atlantic ocean for hours, what did he mean? When bush made sure there was no investigation of what happened, why did he do that? When he finally allowed the 9/11 commission, why did he insist the mission statement was not to investigate what happened?
So, now you can use any reference you want, but I do insist that the questions be answered with a rational answer, not just a statement that "everybody" knows, or so an so proved it, so I don't have to.
LOL, truther nut

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Kornfield Kounty

#67 Dec 19, 2013
CZars_R_US wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, his red lines in the desert has so many tracks and camel shizz al over them that you can't even find them any more.!!!
We can see you're pissed off that Obama took away syria's chemical weapons and double-crossed another teahadist talking point. Poor you. LMAO.

“WJC LLC”

Huntington, NY

#68 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>
We can see you're pissed off that Obama took away syria's chemical weapons and double-crossed another teahadist talking point. Poor you. LMAO.
barock enables genocide with yellow appeasement.
Bluebonnets - Thistles

Spring, TX

#69 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Putin did that, oblumber nearly fk'd it up.

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Kornfield Kounty

#70 Dec 20, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
barock enables genocide with yellow appeasement.
Check your depends, you've enabled a yellow movement of your own. LMAO.

“WJC LLC”

Huntington, NY

#71 Dec 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Check your depends, you've enabled a yellow movement of your own. LMAO.
It's so nice to see you liberal traitors care so much about human beings being slaughtered.

It proves you really don't care. You just want power to twist society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Islamic State Is Winning 10 hr Emily Latella 34
News John McCain: If you count United States airstri... 18 hr Jeff Brightone 1
News Travel ban ends for Guantanamo inmates swapped ... Wed Cat74 4
News US senators, led by John McCain, to visit Vietnam Wed bac ky d lim tumlum 2
News McCain: Send Petraeus back to Iraq (Jan '14) Wed swedenforever 34
News Pentagon chief: Iraqis must have 'will to fight... May 26 Gruden Face 9
News Iraqi forces had 'no will to fight,' Defense se... May 26 Xstain Mullah Fra... 8
More from around the web