Poll: Obama's international ratings t...

Poll: Obama's international ratings top domestic ones

There are 72 comments on the Detroit News story from Dec 18, 2013, titled Poll: Obama's international ratings top domestic ones. In it, Detroit News reports that:

President Barack Obama's approval ratings for handling foreign policy issues generally top his ratings for most domestic issues, including the economy and health care, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#26 Dec 18, 2013
Mr E wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you don't remember the "they have weapons of mass destruction" lie......
Is his the lie you are talking about:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes....

Read'em and weep, slackjaw.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#27 Dec 18, 2013
Mr E wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a liberal Democrat. I am neither stupid, illiterate, or greedy. I paid my own way through college, I work full time, and pay my bills. I have never collected welfare, even when I qualified for it. I've never even been unemployed. Your blanketed statements are false.
Welcome to the Conservative Party.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#28 Dec 18, 2013
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
we don't know what Obama's final approval ratings will be...
at this point in time, Bush was doing better...even with the media on his ass daily.
If he even makes it to the end of his term....

After the 2014 midterm destruction of the Progressive/Democrats.

Democrats, if you like your Senate majority, you can keep you Senate majority, Period.

Hopefully they will impeach his treasonous ass out of office.
buzzer

Greeley, CO

#29 Dec 18, 2013
Mr E wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a liberal Democrat. I am neither stupid, illiterate, or greedy. I paid my own way through college, I work full time, and pay my bills. I have never collected welfare, even when I qualified for it. I've never even been unemployed. Your blanketed statements are false.
Then you are one of the most deluded Democrats out there! You get your jollies pretending that forced charity at other people's expense makes you some sort of saint. It doesn't. It just makes you a hypocrite. You are not greedy or illiterate, just stupid and pompous.

You can't just vote yourself other people's money and everything will come up roses. Uncle Sam can't make life "fair" by redistributing wealth. Children believe in those kinds of fairy tales, not adults.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#30 Dec 18, 2013
ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>
riiiiight .... corporate-owned and controlled just doesn't fit in with your extreme liberal-hating world-view, so therefore Bush could not have been given any passes on starting BS wars and starting us down the road to massive violations of personal privacy rights etc..- even though he clearly WAS given those passes for several years by the "liberal" media.
<< chortle >>
Get it right...

I don't have a liberal-hating, world view...

I have a Progressive-hating, Constitution-loving, American view.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#31 Dec 18, 2013
Center-Left Conservative wrote:
I am disgusted by the level of ignorance and hate that people who claim to be conservative spread out. I have not agreed with many of this President's policies but I am patriotic enough to know that it is a good thing when the world has a positive opinion of our President and this country. Some of you on here have a lot of built up anger that is being misdirected towards President Obama. I've been around long enough to remember how bad things were when George W. Bush was in the White house and how we were seen around the world. I can say thank you President Obama, why can the rest of you so called "conservatives"?
Yes, it is a good thing when the world has a positive opinion of our President unless that opinion was formed by observing that our President demonstrates that he is wiling to ignore if not actively undermine American interests. We have a President who welcomes illegal immigrants, even bringing states to court if they attempt to address the problem themselves. He is intent on borrowing funds from overseas to provide for their welfare, including health care. He will ignore the advice of Congress and relax economic sanctions against Obama's enemies when they appear to be working.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#32 Dec 18, 2013
..." relax economic sanctions against America's enemies..."
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#33 Dec 18, 2013
What are his ratings in his home nation of Kenya?
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#34 Dec 18, 2013
Mr E wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you don't remember the "they have weapons of mass destruction" lie......
That drumbeat started during the Clinton Administration......how soon some forget!
Bill

West Babylon, NY

#35 Dec 18, 2013
That fact that his rating is above 5% shows there are too many stupid and or uninformed people in this country.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#36 Dec 18, 2013
Mr E wrote:
<quoted text>
Keeping world peace is good for everyone......or would you have rather we nuked Syria?
America has no business getting involved in Syria's civil war. Supplying the rebels with ANY resources, including the WEAPONS Obama sent to them only fuels the fire.

The rebels in Syria contain enemies of America, including Al Qaida and giving them ANY assistance is TREASON!!

Peace can only be brought about by CONSENT, not by bullets, not by nukes. Unless, of course one wishes to totally wipe out anyone who disagrees with them, otherwise, there will always be some kind of conflict.
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#37 Dec 18, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
America has no business getting involved in Syria's civil war. Supplying the rebels with ANY resources, including the WEAPONS Obama sent to them only fuels the fire.
The rebels in Syria contain enemies of America, including Al Qaida and giving them ANY assistance is TREASON!!
Peace can only be brought about by CONSENT, not by bullets, not by nukes. Unless, of course one wishes to totally wipe out anyone who disagrees with them, otherwise, there will always be some kind of conflict.
After Egypt and Libya, you would think we would know this.......
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#38 Dec 18, 2013
That is, American-99% love Monroe-Doctrtine!
Americans donot like high-price of American-stocks!
Americans donot like Japan-US Security Treaty!

Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan and Germany must increase their military-budgets and military-forces now!
Japan needs military-draft-system now!
All Japs betweeen the age of 18 and 27 must be drafted by Japanese-Forces now!
All Japanesewomen and Japanese-girls betweeen the age of 18 and 27 must be drafted by Japanese-Forces now!
All Japanese-men and Japanese-boys betweeen the age of 18 and 27 must be drafted by Japanese-Forces now!

Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, Germany, British and Italy must protect Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, Germany, British and Italy by themselves now!

The U.S. must withdraw American-Forces from Japan, South-Korea, Singapore and Asia now!

Wars, nuclearp-power-plant-disasters , huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters must occur in Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, Germany, China and Russia now!

Wars, nuclearp-power-plant-disasters , huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, Germany, China and Russia will cause reconstruction-demands in Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, Germany, China and Russia!

Wars, nuclearp-power-plant-disasters , huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, Germany, China and Russia will increase Japan's, South-Korea's, Taiwan's, Germany's, China's and Russia's domestic-demands!

Wars, nuclearp-power-plant-disasters , huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, Germany, China and Russia will decrease supplies from Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, Germany, China and Russia!

Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, Germany, China and Russia are evil-fascism-communism-empires !
Remember Pearl Harbor!
Finally, Japan will be destroyed!

We are American-99%!
I love the U.S.! I love Americans!
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#40 Dec 18, 2013
Yes! This is American propaganda!

Janet Jakson / Rythm Nation

https://www.youtube.com/results...

Snap / the Power
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
https://www.youtube.com/results...

I love the U.S.!
I love Made-in-U.S.A.-cars!
dont know N dont care

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#41 Dec 18, 2013
what"up Bro!! ;-0000000
Roger Edgar

AOL

#42 Dec 18, 2013
Of course, he is more popular Overseas. His lies didn't rob them like the millions of good decent hard working Americans he robbed of their affordable health care policys.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#43 Dec 18, 2013
But, personally, I think that we American-99% need national-boundary of the U.S. xp
I love the U.S.!
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#46 Dec 19, 2013
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush was at 25% after the media beat him over the head for 8 years.
Obama has tanked his Presidency all by himself in a matter of weeks. Even with the media still trying to help him.
If he didn't have his media cheerleaders, his approval would be in the single digits.
?? Media beat him over the head??? You must be one of the GOP's lapdogs who think that mild praise is beating him over the head. The media could not have been more in his camp. Every day we heard what a great job he was doing in spite of all that happened. No one even questioned his decisions, no matter how absurd. When bush said the economy was great, the media reported to the millions bush put out of work, that the only reason they couldn't find a job was because they were too lazy. When bush wanted to start wars, even the New York Times took its front page articles straight from the White House to drum up support. No one even mentioned the numerous speeches bush gave where he was slurring his words badly, indicating he was drunk or on drugs. Not even a mention, when everyone in the world could see it.

When Clinton was president, we daily heard how ugly Chelsea was. When bush's daughters were repeatedly arrested, it barely made a mention. No one in the media uncovered bush's criminal arrest record in Texas. When bush signed the Pat Act, no one in the media even mentioned that it removed all rights from all American Citizens. The media never mentioned the direct self-contradictions of the USSC when they threw out the 2000 election and appointed bush. The media did a "count" to report what would have been the results if the law had been followed. The media initially reported that bush would have won. Later they finally admitted the results came out right after the 9/11 attacks, and they made an editorial decision not to report the truth. The media openly admits they lied to protect bush.

Notice, I am not defending Obama, simply reporting that the media fell all over itself to protect bush. The list is a lot longer, but you get the idea.
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#47 Dec 19, 2013
Once again, Don Joe presents an alternate reality, obvious to anyone who actually lived during the 1990s-2000s.

Thanks for the chuckle, Don Joe!
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#48 Dec 19, 2013
boo ya wrote:
Once again, Don Joe presents an alternate reality, obvious to anyone who actually lived during the 1990s-2000s.
Thanks for the chuckle, Don Joe!
I understand it's hard for you to appreciate any reality other than that presented on Fox News. Why bother remembering what happened, when you can simply listen to Fox News and find out what Rupert wants you to think about any issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump pardons former Sheriff Joe Arpaio 6 min Katrina 1,274
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) Wed Tm Cln 4,078
News Transgender troops can re-enlist - for now Sep 17 anonymous 12
News Divers Search U.S. Navy Ship for Sailors Missin... Sep 16 FormerParatrooper 36
News Is healthcare a Jewish value? NEW Sep 13 Randism 79
News McCain to North Korea: Aggression will lead to ... Sep 13 Lawrence Wolf 22
News U.S. Senator McCain says facing 'very vicious f... Sep 12 Lawrence Wolf 4
More from around the web