McCain Presses for Immigration Overha...

McCain Presses for Immigration Overhaul This Year

There are 240 comments on the The Wall Street Journal story from Feb 17, 2014, titled McCain Presses for Immigration Overhaul This Year. In it, The Wall Street Journal reports that:

Sen. John McCain ) talks to reporters at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., on Feb. 4, 2014.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Wall Street Journal.

spud

Weatherly, PA

#123 Feb 27, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> Anglos have mixed DNA, because we people of color have been nailing their women for years!! LOL!!!
Come on Jose. You gotta stop watching so much MTV.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#124 Feb 27, 2014
The U.S. Senate worked very hard on a bi-partisan Comprehensive Immigration Bill, that would stiffen our borders and help stimulate our economy.....Does anyone on here, REALLY KNOW....why the teaparty House republican's holding it up, without any vote at all?.....John McCain is absolutely right on the country's need for this bill......
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#125 Feb 27, 2014
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Jose. You gotta stop watching so much MTV.
You got to start watching the news anglo!! LOL!!!
spud

Weatherly, PA

#126 Feb 27, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> You got to start watching the news anglo!! LOL!!!
What, are you nuts? You can go blind from watching the news . Moreso that way than that other thing. Just remember, I'm looking out for you. That's because us gringos are sensitive and caring people. Don't be getting any homo thoughts now..
spud

Weatherly, PA

#127 Feb 27, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
The U.S. Senate worked very hard on a bi-partisan Comprehensive Immigration Bill, that would stiffen our borders and help stimulate our economy.....Does anyone on here, REALLY KNOW....why the teaparty House republican's holding it up, without any vote at all?.....John McCain is absolutely right on the country's need for this bill......
Worked very hard or were paid off very handsomely?
Nanosoft intold

Hanoi, Vietnam

#129 Feb 27, 2014
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Worked very hard or were paid off very handsomely?
;) just a tiny booteafool paypal not dat handsomelee!! ;-000

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#130 Feb 27, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
it's because this route of amnesty has already been tried a number of times. and each time it is has failed to work.

let me remind you...

we had amnesty in 1965, 1986, 1994, 1997, 2000. and guess what is common in each of these amnesty? we allowed people in with the stipulation that we would stop anymore coming in.

http://www.endillegalimmigration.com/History_...

did they work? obviously not. right?

so, what is the point of following this same scenario when we know that the end result will be failure?

time for something different...LAW ENFORCEMENT.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#131 Feb 27, 2014
McCain is an azz!
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#132 Feb 28, 2014
Quirky wrote:
McCain is an azz!
McCain is wonderful!! LOL!!!
spud

Weatherly, PA

#133 Feb 28, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> McCain is wonderful!! LOL!!!
McCain who? Viva Jan Brewer. Viva SB1070. Viva the Phoenix Open.

Location hidden

#134 Feb 28, 2014
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
it's because this route of amnesty has already been tried a number of times. and each time it is has failed to work.
let me remind you...
we had amnesty in 1965, 1986, 1994, 1997, 2000. and guess what is common in each of these amnesty? we allowed people in with the stipulation that we would stop anymore coming in.
http://www.endillegalimmigration.com/History_...
did they work? obviously not. right?
so, what is the point of following this same scenario when we know that the end result will be failure?
time for something different...LAW ENFORCEMENT.
How about simply because....IT IS WHAT'S IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE UNITED STATES???
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#136 Feb 28, 2014
VIVA McCain!!! ;)
Billy Ringo

United States

#137 Feb 28, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
The House was / is in permanent recess.

Don't judge them by the bills they pass, judge them by the bills they don't pass.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#138 Feb 28, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> How about simply because....IT IS WHAT'S IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE UNITED STATES???
You have got to be kidding. It would be no different from the debacle that was passed in '86. It's bad, period, because the current administration will makes changes as it sees fit, just as it has concerning the healthcare debacle. This administration cannot be trusted to do anything that IS in the best interests of its citizens.; it has a problem with truth and justice...period.
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#139 Feb 28, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>You have got to be kidding. It would be no different from the debacle that was passed in '86. It's bad, period, because the current administration will makes changes as it sees fit, just as it has concerning the healthcare debacle. This administration cannot be trusted to do anything that IS in the best interests of its citizens.; it has a problem with truth and justice...period.
If it were up to all you azzzwipe "citizens", women would still be unable to vote, and there would still be segregation in American schools!!
spud

Weatherly, PA

#140 Feb 28, 2014
Jose wrote:
VIVA McCain!!! ;)
How does a warmonger like McCain fit in up in that artsy, hippie town of Sedona? When those people get mad the worst they do is say dang it and then throw their paint brush. Viva anyone but McCain.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#141 Feb 28, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> How about simply because....IT IS WHAT'S IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE UNITED STATES???
where's the logic of granting usa citizenship to 100+ MILLION poor, illiterate, uneducated people all at one time?

"in the best interest of the usa", you say?

tell me just what benefits will we get allowing all these people in at the same time?

there are no jobs available for them. as you know, we currently have double digit unemployment.

the country is broke. so, we don't have the money in our welfare program to support them.

our schools are full. who will pay the money to educate all these poor, illiterate, uneducated?

so, tell me. what benefit will we get from these people? I'm listening.
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#142 Feb 28, 2014
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
where's the logic of granting usa citizenship to 100+ MILLION poor, illiterate, uneducated people all at one time?
tell me just what benefits will we get allowing all these people in at the same time?
there are no jobs available for them. as you know, we currently have double digit unemployment.
the country is broke. so, we don't have the money in our welfare program to support them.
our schools are full. who will pay the money to educate all these poor, illiterate, uneducated?
The American jobs went to all your Asian buddies in Asia, dimwit!!!

Location hidden

#144 Feb 28, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>You have got to be kidding. It would be no different from the debacle that was passed in '86. It's bad, period, because the current administration will makes changes as it sees fit, just as it has concerning the healthcare debacle. This administration cannot be trusted to do anything that IS in the best interests of its citizens.; it has a problem with truth and justice...period.
The conversation pertained to the Senate's Comprehensive, bi-partisan Immigration Bill.....stay on point....

Location hidden

#145 Feb 28, 2014
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically....you know nothing of the Bill, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 5 min Guest 4,286
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 11 hr state brass 16,599
News Jimmy Kimmel is thrilled the GOP health-care bi... Feb 16 Anonymous 9
News No pushover: Meghan McCain brings conservative ... Feb 15 U_Name_It 8
News A black student wrote those racist messages tha... Feb 15 Divine Messenger 10
News Senate to debate immigration, but Trump is the ... Feb 12 anonymous 1
News Senate to debate immigration, but Trump is the ... Feb 11 tomin cali 1
More from around the web