McCain Presses for Immigration Overhaul This Year

Feb 17, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Wall Street Journal

Sen. John McCain ) talks to reporters at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., on Feb. 4, 2014.

Comments
1 - 20 of 240 Comments Last updated Mar 22, 2014
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
John Randolph

Ridgway, CO

#1 Feb 17, 2014
Which Part Of Washington's Immigration Reform Can "We The People" Trust?

The "Gang of 8" created the Senate's S. 744: Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act. If immigration reform is ever passed it surely will contain many of the same elements of the Senate's S.744. Take a gander if you dare:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s7...

Who out there has the time and expertise to read and understand Washington's pages and pages of confusing government immigration gobbledygook?

I selected a few sections that to me reveal the true character of Washington's approach to illegal immigration.

Section 6 "Comprehensive Reform Funding" (a)(2)(A): initial $46.3 billion tax payer price tag for "comprehensive immigration reform's" "border security". Can "We The People" possibly trust that all of these billions more of our tax dollars will finally and effectively stop illegal immigration? Has any wall in the history of the world ever stopped hungry, motived people?

Section 2101 Registration and Adjustment of Registered Provisional Immigrants. This is merely bribery for 11.2 million undocumented people for having the fortitude to play Washington's insidious NAFTA/CAFTA, profit/labor driven illegal immigration and reform for "border security billions" game.

Read it. Thirteen more years of labor peonage for a provisional (subject to change) chance at US citizenship. How can "We The People" trust that S.744 will not draw millions more undocumented people to the US for not only this reform but for the next reform that will surely happen?

Tell me - since NAFTA was passed in 1994 - why does Washington turns a "bind eye" to the 8,000 undocumented who have died playing their "border hunger games"? And how about the US backed, 120,000 dead Mexican Drug War? Why should "We The People" trust your silence about these continuing atrocities Washington?

Read S.744. Section 1102: Doubling the size of the US Border Patrol. "We The People"can't trust that 19,000 more agents will do anything but continue the USBP's historic, systemic and cultural abuse of AUO overtime which rips "We The People" off for millions annually.

And for what should be the coup de grāce of Washington's reform, "We The People" must read about the extra corrupt, John McCain Arizona pork of 200 million for Arizona Prosecutions (S.744 Section 6 (a)(3)(C)(2)(B)(i) referenced in 1104(a)(1) and 200 million more for Arizona's and FEMA "Operation Stonegarden" (S.744 Section 6 (a)(3)(C)(2)(B)(ii) referenced in Section 1104(b)

"We The People" need to do our homework about Arizona's Operation Streamline and Operation Stonegarden. These are both horrendous examples of Washington's institutionalization of profit/labor driven illegal immigration and profit-driven, tax payer funded border security boodle.

"We The People" can't trust any of their immigration reform sections until Washington fesses up to the truths of their own self-inflicted illegal immigration policies and all related immigration corruption.

http://twopesos-protestfortheundocumented.blo...
spud

Dallas, PA

#2 Feb 17, 2014
McCain has been a reliable idiot for the illegal alien invaders. He might even like illegal aliens more than he does war. I do remember when the phony weasel was singing a different tune during his last reelection. How dumb can people be to vote for this jerk?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#3 Feb 17, 2014
Boys, it is all about political punting this hot potato as stated in the article:

Many Republicans balked at debating an issue that divides them and feared giving the president a legislative victory ahead of the November elections.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Feb 17, 2014
No one is listening to him.
John Randolph

Ridgway, CO

#5 Feb 17, 2014
wild child wrote:
No one is listening to him.
Come on! S.744 = Billions in defense department border security boodle, millions extra for Arizona Border Patrol, and doubling the size of the USBP and you don't think anyone is listening to him?

Unfortunately, many are.
Jose

New York, NY

#6 Feb 17, 2014
spud wrote:
McCain has been a reliable idiot for the illegal alien invaders. He might even like illegal aliens more than he does war. I do remember when the phony weasel was singing a different tune during his last reelection. How dumb can people be to vote for this jerk?
McCain is wonderful!! ;)
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Feb 17, 2014
John Randolph wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on! S.744 = Billions in defense department border security boodle, millions extra for Arizona Border Patrol, and doubling the size of the USBP and you don't think anyone is listening to him?
Unfortunately, many are.
why has it not happened.
Jose

New York, NY

#8 Feb 17, 2014
wild child wrote:
<quoted text> why has it not happened.
Because the government WANTS us here!!! DUHHHHH!!!!
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#9 Feb 17, 2014
John Randolph wrote:
Which Part Of Washington's Immigration Reform Can "We The People" Trust?
The "Gang of 8" created the Senate's S. 744: Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act. If immigration reform is ever passed it surely will contain many of the same elements of the Senate's S.744. Take a gander if you dare:
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s7...
Who out there has the time and expertise to read and understand Washington's pages and pages of confusing government immigration gobbledygook?
I selected a few sections that to me reveal the true character of Washington's approach to illegal immigration.
Section 6 "Comprehensive Reform Funding" (a)(2)(A): initial $46.3 billion tax payer price tag for "comprehensive immigration reform's" "border security". Can "We The People" possibly trust that all of these billions more of our tax dollars will finally and effectively stop illegal immigration? Has any wall in the history of the world ever stopped hungry, motived people?
Section 2101 Registration and Adjustment of Registered Provisional Immigrants. This is merely bribery for 11.2 million undocumented people for having the fortitude to play Washington's insidious NAFTA/CAFTA, profit/labor driven illegal immigration and reform for "border security billions" game.
Read it. Thirteen more years of labor peonage for a provisional (subject to change) chance at US citizenship. How can "We The People" trust that S.744 will not draw millions more undocumented people to the US for not only this reform but for the next reform that will surely happen?
Tell me - since NAFTA was passed in 1994 - why does Washington turns a "bind eye" to the 8,000 undocumented who have died playing their "border hunger games"? And how about the US backed, 120,000 dead Mexican Drug War? Why should "We The People" trust your silence about these continuing atrocities Washington?
Read S.744. Section 1102: Doubling the size of the US Border Patrol. "We The People"can't trust that 19,000 more agents will do anything but continue the USBP's historic, systemic and cultural abuse of AUO overtime which rips "We The People" off for millions annually.
And for what should be the coup de grāce of Washington's reform, "We The People" must read about the extra corrupt, John McCain Arizona pork of 200 million for Arizona Prosecutions (S.744 Section 6 (a)(3)(C)(2)(B)(i) referenced in 1104(a)(1) and 200 million more for Arizona's and FEMA "Operation Stonegarden" (S.744 Section 6 (a)(3)(C)(2)(B)(ii) referenced in Section 1104(b)
"We The People" need to do our homework about Arizona's Operation Streamline and Operation Stonegarden. These are both horrendous examples of Washington's institutionalization of profit/labor driven illegal immigration and profit-driven, tax payer funded border security boodle.
"We The People" can't trust any of their immigration reform sections until Washington fesses up to the truths of their own self-inflicted illegal immigration policies and all related immigration corruption.
http://twopesos-protestfortheundocumented.blo...
Please read the commentary," In need of an honest debate on immigration reform" I think it is by Dennis Byrne.
Jose

New York, NY

#11 Feb 17, 2014
VIVA our amigo McCain!!!
John McQuan

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#12 Feb 18, 2014
Jose wrote:
VIVA our amigo McCain!!!
i c u joe!;)
spud

Dallas, PA

#13 Feb 18, 2014
I'm not sure if McCain was EVER right about ANYTHING. He's not a good person either.
Jose

New York, NY

#14 Feb 18, 2014
spud wrote:
I'm not sure if McCain was EVER right about ANYTHING. He's not a good person either.
Shut up anglo! McCain is a true warrior and fighter!!!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#15 Feb 18, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> Shut up anglo! McCain is a true warrior and fighter!!!
McCain cares more for foreigners then he does for americans and America.

he shouldn't be on capitol hill representing americans because he simply isn't.
spud

Dallas, PA

#16 Feb 18, 2014
Jose wrote:
That's mucho funny.
John Pizzza

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#17 Feb 18, 2014
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain cares more for foreigners then he does for americans and America.
he shouldn't be on capitol hill representing americans because he simply isn't.
do U know the Senate Motto? TRUE. Pluribus Unum Mandating?& do U know watta dat mints?
not the HR Motto In God You Trust!!! ;-000
spud

Dallas, PA

#21 Feb 18, 2014
Jose wrote:
The only thing McCain fights is to keep from crapping in his pants and I don't think he wins that battle either. He's a Keating 5 criminal.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#22 Feb 19, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> Because the government WANTS us here!!! DUHHHHH!!!!
The citizens don't.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#23 Feb 19, 2014
Shut up McCain.

You may have ben a war hero in your day....

But you're an embarassment now.

How's that censure working out for you Big John?
Billy Ringo

Danielson, CT

#24 Feb 19, 2014
McBush will always be remembered (and credited) for bringing The Wasilla Quitta into the limelight - and for that we, and Saturday Night Live, will always be grateful.

You betchya !!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A year later: Immigrants fear reform will never... 13 hr the Light 73
The country's sinking climate debate Tue SpaceBlues 2
Republicans urge airstrikes in Syria Aug 26 Deo Vindice 3
Report: White House didn't OK immigrant releases Aug 25 the Light 32
Enemy of My Enemy: Are airstrikes against ISIS ... Aug 24 Captain Yesterday 47
McCain: Prolonged execution was 'torture' Aug 20 Don Joe 58
Graham praises Obama administration; trip to Eg... (Aug '13) Aug 19 swedenforever 10
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

John McCain People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••